Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Belle Update Problems

Advisor
drzap00

N8 Belle Update Problems

I found following important issues in Belle Update for N8-00

1. Video Player is not supported by Flash Player. It doesn't plays Flv HD & SD Files, You Tube Content.

2. Camera quality has significantly dropped.

3. Music Player is not user friendly. On home screen widget; its forward & reverse control doesn't work.

4. Ovi Store application downloads nothing. Says No connection available.

5. Wifi doesn't connect automatically.

6. There are no default games with Belle.

7. Battery level is unknown, I can not see how much it remains.

8. No default themes in Belle, except evolve.

9. FM radio still demands Headphone to play.

10. Battery consumption has increased after Belle Update.

Anyone having solutions or tips. Or atlest share your findings on it.

Dr. ZAP
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VTK352

Re: flash player problem after updating to belle on my nokia n8

my Nokia N8, After upgrading to Nokia Belle I m unable to play flv files. please help. In my nokia n8  flash player problem after updating to belle on my nokia n8.when I try to play .flv videos screen goes blank as show in image,previously these videos runs fine on symbian anna plz help plz  help or tell me the way to downgrade to anna 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

drzap00 wrote:

I found following important issues in Belle Update for N8-00

1. Video Player is not supported by Flash Player. It doesn't plays Flv HD & SD Files, You Tube Content.

2. Camera quality has significantly dropped.

3. Music Player is not user friendly. On home screen widget; its forward & reverse control doesn't work.

4. Ovi Store application downloads nothing. Says No connection available.

5. Wifi doesn't connect automatically.

6. There are no default games with Belle.

7. Battery level is unknown, I can not see how much it remains.

8. No default themes in Belle, except evolve.

9. FM radio still demands Headphone to play.

10. Battery consumption has increased after Belle Update.

Anyone having solutions or tips. Or atlest share your findings on it.

have you read these pages. /t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/m-p/1368647#M116483

most of what you have said is already listed there.

Some other answers.

FM radio will need the headphones to play, due to the antenna being in the headphones lead.

Wifi has to be set to connect automatically.

some ofthe other things can be fixed with a full format and reinstall. Just make sure you back up everything before your format the phone.

Things like the camera quality, we have been told that there will be some updates (minor ones) that should fix many of the issues like this one, in the future.

on my E7 (sister phone to the n8) the battery consumption has decreased, so now the phone last longer, again try a full reinstall. Battery level should be displays as a pic of a battery in the upper right hand corner, reinstall may fix this as well.

check out the other thread I mention and see if there are solutions that may work for you. If none of the above options work, then i would also suggest posting this in the other thread as well, as that is where most of the issue like yours are being recorded, and also watched by nokia. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Re: flash player problem after updating to belle on my nokia n8

VTK352 wrote:

my Nokia N8, After upgrading to Nokia Belle I m unable to play flv files. please help. In my nokia n8  flash player problem after updating to belle on my nokia n8.when I try to play .flv videos screen goes blank as show in image,previously these videos runs fine on symbian anna plz help plz  help or tell me the way to downgrade to anna 

you cannot downgrade to anna.

Flv files should play, I would suggest a reinstall for this issue as well. Also check out this thread /t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/m-p/1368647#M116483 for other solutions.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dfrancis00

The idea of an UPgrade is that the product is overall IMPROVED. Suggesting a "full format" is a serious step backwards. Anna was by far a better solution. I really don't see the point of Belle and would suggest people stay with Anna. The look, feel and functionality of Belle is a very serious step backwards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shumzz

i updated my nokia xpress music but still im having a problem .i cannot open the internet on my cell phone i dont know wat shud i do but im feeling so sick .please help me rectify teh failure so that i can access internet on my cellphone again...please helppppppp

Please use plain text.