Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Issues - listed!

Joeljuvel

N8 Issues - listed!

Got my N8 about a week ago. So far i've had to reset it twice! These are the problems that have occured:

1. Cant add new shortcut on startdisplay. Get error message: "App was removed". Then some apps on all start screens dissapears and when i tried to put them back i got the same message and some more dissapeared. Called Nokia n8 support and they told me to reset the phone, which I did! Have'nt occured since.

2. Writing sms, keyboard stucks! Happened twice today, never seen it before. After writing a few letters i noticed the letters didn't come up on the screen. I could still "push" them but nothing happened. Had to restart since no buttons at all worked except the one changing from capital letters and back.

3. Ovi suite sais "change to Ovi suite on phone" even though it is allready in Ovi suite mode! Thus, I cant synchronize anything!

4. Starting Ovi store: Since this morning, everytime I start Ovi store it takes me to the "download ovi store client" website only to after one second redirect me to the real Ovi store. (bringing it up on full screen and starts loading Ovi store).,

5. Sometimes when i change from screen to screen, it wont load the app icons. Have to restart the phone to make this work again.

If anyone knows how to fix any of this please help me!

More to come! (hopefully not)!

Please use plain text.
Joeljuvel

update 28th November:

New problem:
Message "insert SIM-card" appears somtimes and just after that another message comes up: "General system fault - the phone will restart" and it restarts. Very, very anoying!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

Try resetting your phone to factory settings - you lose settings and anything in memory but it sorted out the problems on mine.

Choose settings, phone, phone management etc.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

You have boarded the sinking ship not the flag ship :smileysad:

So worst Hardware andhell lot of bugs..........

Think 1000 times before buying it, Nokia have not yet released any update for it.

Its going dead one by one day by day :smileysad:

Very Very bad product

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

[ Edited ]

lvvine wrote:

You have boarded the sinking ship not the flag ship :smileysad:

So worst Hardware andhell lot of bugs..........

Think 1000 times before buying it, Nokia have not yet released any update for it.

Its going dead one by one day by day :smileysad:

Very Very bad product

That's got to be one of the least helpful posts I've seen on here in a while.  if you can't come up with something useful or productive, why bother posting such trash?

I would also suggest try to reset your settings, but don't perform the three-finger reset.  You'll likely end up suffering more for that at the moment.  If the factory reset doesn't work, try contacting your retailer for advice or even your local Nokia Care Point.

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Joeljuvel

[ Edited ]

Problem is, I've all ready reseted it to factory settings twice. Getting tired of it! It has been working for 2 days now without any problems! Truly, after all complaints that we've seen, nokia has to be working with some software updates? It would be a shame otherwise!

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

Try reinstalling the firmware, see if that irons out any gremlins.

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

Joeljuvel wrote:

Problem is, I've all ready reseted it to factory settings twice. Getting tired of it! It has been working for 2 days now without any problems! Truly, after all complaints that we've seen, nokia has to be working with some software updates? It would be a shame otherwise!

I'm sure they are. I love my new n8. The best nokia I've had in a long time. I also had to reset due to an issue with a free app I installed but now it's fine. Classy, sophisticated and for such an advanced device user friendly.
I'm a 56 yr old none tech savvy female - so the n8 isn't that bad.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ringo123

I didn't have any of the issues you had, but do have one where using the CNN video app and nat geo app, it doesn't use a wifi point, even when connected to it...

odd

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neobutt

good answer.well i got a problem i bought nokia n8 one day ago from someone.there is an sms in out box from nokia which is defered and i dont know how to delete it.can some one.help. i updated every thing and dont want to start again with scratch dont need to factory restore or hard rest.any other option let me know thanks

Saqib Naveed Butt
Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

View the message as a conversation and the message should be there as sending. Hit the trashcan bt the bottom to remote the thread and it'll be gone. Had to do it myself today when in London due to a network fault with o2.
Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

I think Nokia should really get rid of their unremovable battery thinggy because this is Symbian not iOS. Most of the Ovi Suite unable to sync with your phone issue can be fix with removing the battery for 3 minutes and restart it. The computer will redetect the device thus reinstall the driver.
Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

That's what the long power button press simulates. Hole it down for about 8 seconds until the phone vibrates and that indicates a power cycle, ie battery removal.
Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarkJ1

I have tried the battery removal by holding down the power button for 8 or so seconds and then leaving the phone turned off for about 6 minutes, before turning back on and I am still having the issue of it not syncing.

Please use plain text.