Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Software update - Social App does not work ...

Martinth

Re: N8 Software update - Social App does not work now!

By factory reset do you mean delete and restore? I just did restore (not delete and restore) but it did not work.

Junta208 wrote:

This happens to me also, but found solution, after doing some multiple reinstall my last resot was to reset factory settings. The problem for me was when i updated to anna something from the old files i guess cause some problem with my social app.

This also happens even if i factory reset then reinstall anna part1 & 2 and every package. in this state social app is fine but when you try and restore your backup files mostly in my case every thing it cause the social to malfuntion due to some files i guess.

What i did was a last resort is when you do a reset factory setting again, then install all anna packages, then restore backup files but i exclude the settings and application. i brought back every thing except the settings and app. This was a hassel since i had to download all apps and themes and others from ovi store. But it leaves the social app as it was from the day you bought your phone.

Hopes this help. Remember factory reset removes everything even contacts from the phones so be sure you had the phone backup before doing this. I assume you did a backup before the anna update anyway. Just to be safe.

:smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Martinth

Hi Junta208,
I tried delete and restore as you suggested. While restoring I skipped applications and settings. My social as well as other nokia widgets are working now. Thanks a lot. 
Martinth wrote:
By factory reset do you mean delete and restore? I just did restore (not delete and restore) but it did not work.

Junta208 wrote:

This happens to me also, but found solution, after doing some multiple reinstall my last resot was to reset factory settings. The problem for me was when i updated to anna something from the old files i guess cause some problem with my social app.

This also happens even if i factory reset then reinstall anna part1 & 2 and every package. in this state social app is fine but when you try and restore your backup files mostly in my case every thing it cause the social to malfuntion due to some files i guess.

What i did was a last resort is when you do a reset factory setting again, then install all anna packages, then restore backup files but i exclude the settings and application. i brought back every thing except the settings and app. This was a hassel since i had to download all apps and themes and others from ovi store. But it leaves the social app as it was from the day you bought your phone.

Hopes this help. Remember factory reset removes everything even contacts from the phones so be sure you had the phone backup before doing this. I assume you did a backup before the anna update anyway. Just to be safe.

:smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
maKAOS

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my C7 as peoples before described. Now I wonder why would I do hard reset and then reinstall all back again? I have so many aps. I WANTH NOKIA TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BECAUSE I AM NOKIA USER SINCE 1996 AND EVER SINCE I HAD NOKIA AND I WILL BUY NOKIA AGAIN only if they RESOLVE ALL ISSUES!!!

Please use plain text.
chrisfsimmons

My wife and i have the same problem now, only last week she said my phone will not work on facebook the widget on main home screen will not load feeds at all, and the widget is now blank saying refresh all the time, so i linked the phone up to the computer and did a scan for new updates with nokia updater which you can download from nokia site.

Its now the 4th jan and the phones still will not work even after and update from a socail app,

nothing , facebook will load after a few pushes, and looks like its loading till it says loading feeds then it says the (wording unable to load news feeds) 

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

quick update on the original question. We have an FAQ online for generic apps problems, but we are still working on issues with the Social client.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, I get an error message when I launch an app, my app crashes or doesn’t open anymore. What can I do to solve this?

A: Please check in Nokia Store if an updated version is available. If there’s no updated version available, please reinstall the app as followed: Connect your phone to your PC and open Nokia Suite. Then open your internet browser on your PC, go to www.nokia.com/store, log in with your Nokia account and search for the specific app. Click the download button, select installation via PC and then follow the on screen instructions.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

Hi Yvonne,

Its not just the Social app.. its a few other widgets/app like Accuweather, Memory Bars, Meminfo, National Geographic, Movie Teasers.. all do not work anymore.

Seems like all the widgets/apps that read phone/system data are broken!

What api do these apps have in common that would cause them all to fail like this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Can anybody help me please. I did everything that skye said but still the social app not opening. Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vivax

Yes, it looks like I have the same issue

jake20 wrote:

Hi Yvonne,

Its not just the Social app.. its a few other widgets/app like Accuweather, Memory Bars, Meminfo, National Geographic, Movie Teasers.. all do not work anymore.

Seems like all the widgets/apps that read phone/system data are broken!

What api do these apps have in common that would cause them all to fail like this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

the solution to this is to delete this file, but you phone will need to be hacked to do so..

C:smileytongue:rivate->2000f847/config.dat

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ZubinGulati

Greetings!

Thanks Junta208! I had the same problem, and it has been solved by your method, that is by delete and restore (factory reset) sans the Applications. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Just a heads up though, this also wipes out all your maps, so be sure to spend time, I had to download some 700 MB worth of India Maps through wifi and this took close to two hours.

Please use plain text.