Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 black screen after updated to the new version 0...

Registered Member
Amrmmk

N8 black screen after updated to the new version 013.016

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

My Nokia N8 stop working at all, as it just gives me a little bit vibration when I push power bottom and nothing occurred on the screen its black screen. That’s happen after I made update for the software using Nokia software update, but in the middle of the operation I got an error message “update can’t completed” …

So please advise me with your experience.

R,

Amr

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: N8 black screen after updated to the new version 013.016

Was it an OTA or Ovi Suite update? Try rebooting the phone by pressing and holding the power button for at least 8 seconds until the phone buzzez 3 times in quick succession. Then try restarting your phone again. 

Another thing you could try if your initial update attempt was through OTA is to try connecting and updating your phone using Ovi Suite.

If that does not work then you may need to hard reset your phone but there are various issues with that at the moment, such as losing your data uinless you have a backup and other options such as the lost of some functionality which at the moment can only be restored by reinstalling Qt or by a Nokia Care Point. 

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/N8-Maps-problem-after-hard-reset/td-p/783327

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abajid

Re: N8 black screen after updated to the new version 013.016

Hi there my phone is the same problem during update can I fix this problem by my self. Because my n8 warranty already finish. And if I send to nokia care how much I need to pay

Please use plain text.