Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 security code error after updating to Belle

Advisor
spidermeow

N8 security code error after updating to Belle

updated to belle on variant : 059D2N8 but upon switching on the phone and entering the pin, the phone will boot till home screen and prompts for a security code, and despite using the correct code (or even the default one), it will still show "code error", but the phone appears to be able to function normally after that.

anyone have this issue after update ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
torchaj

spidermeow wrote:

updated to belle on variant : 059D2N8 but upon switching on the phone and entering the pin, the phone will boot till home screen and prompts for a security code, and despite using the correct code (or even the default one), it will still show "code error", but the phone appears to be able to function normally after that.

anyone have this issue after update ?

Just make sure that there are no installations running on your phone..!!!
I had a similar issue where even if I enter the wrong code, I can access the phone. But then I noticed the Nokia Suite asking not to touch the screen or enter any pin password till the mobile has completely reset and I didnt touch the phone till it rebooted.

And just like that there was no prob at all and once it asked me for the security code and on entering the code(Old code set before updating) it continued to the Nokia account signing page.!!!

Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
framanman

I've the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

Same problem.
Upgrade stoped with security code request during restore process, now stuck with this issue.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shinta752002

I got the same problem...... ven if i enter the correct security code... ihope NOKIA  will fix this....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
death89

I had this issue, turns out I'd remembered the wrong code so, I recommend sitting and thinking carefully for a couple of hours (I got on with my work and had a sudden thought of what about that old code I never use anymore...)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
wollepatong

Same problem here with an update in Thailand.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's our security code FAQ.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter new security code. I do this and get an error message stating “code error”. What should I do?

A: Please try again a few times. There are very rare cases in which the phone incorrectly asks for new a security code but does not accept the entered code.  In that situation the problem vanishes by entering any code until the phone stops asking for it.  After this, the code you had entered before the update works again normally.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

have already tried numerous times without success, and tried with every possible number i could think of that i might have used but still no luck.

is there any other way to reset it or do i need to visit the nearest NCC to get it done ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Same problem on a C7 - and the problem does not vanish, after many trials. It's annoying, however it does not actually lock you out, it "just" asks everytime one switches on the phone.

Question: is there any chance a reinstall of Belle would solve the problem?

Thx

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
ChanWoeiLoon

No, already few times I tried but never solve the problem.

Even I reinstall after totaly hard reset my cell with 3 fingers, but still same.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

Everyone, please use the new  F secure Software that nokia include  in the belle update and complete the installation, create your new security code in F secure and this will be your new phone security code.  Thank me if it works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

alnyc8 is right:

About the security code:

USE POWER Button "lock phone" menu and create the NEW security code as prompted (you can hold 12345 if like). It will never appear again and even after restart too.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

mmmm it didnt work for me somehow : (
...thanks for the tip though.....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

F secure is the cause of the security code prompt at start up, all you have to do is go in to

F secure and create a security code and use that code that you just created at the next reboot the problem will go away. I found out about this because I try to do a *#7370# and found out the 12345 security code was disable, and by snooping around I found the code I created in F secure works with the *#7370#, so I use the same code at start up and problem was gone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 : thanks for the help, but it didn't work with me ! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DanielKraaij

Aha, i actually removed that piece of software... Is it possible to download it somewhere again? or should i *again* reinstall the phone...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

up until now there is still NO reply whatsoever from the nokia techs.... we are now screwed again, and i assume the only reply they will ever give us is to ask us to go back to NCC with the stupid ownership documents and get it reset with a FEE !

after 15 years of being a nokia user................................

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

I have posted that it needs to RE-Create the phone security code even if it was not used. Recreate the security code using power button "Lock phone". Ignore messages like it will be locked in 5 min, etc. If it was not used, the phone will prompt to create the new one.

DO NOT confuse with F-Secure soft. I did not activate it and uninstalled, since it has 30 days trial only!!!

The phone has its own embedded security in the phone management and I use this one.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

NBinah wrote:

I have posted that it needs to RE-Create the phone security code even if it was not used. Recreate the security code using power button "Lock phone". Ignore messages like it will be locked in 5 min, etc. If it was not used, the phone will prompt to create the new one.

DO NOT confuse with F-Secure soft. I did not activate it and uninstalled, since it has 30 days trial only!!!

The phone has its own embedded security in the phone management and I use this one.

your way is not clear , can you please clarify :

1- were you using a differnet code than the default ?

2- in your post you said : " if it was not used " , what if it was used ?

3- when you locked the phone with the power button, did enter any code or the real code ? and for how many times ? 

4- when i lock the phone from the power button , it will ask for the security code , not a new security code , is this your case ?

thanks 

Haikal
Please use plain text.