Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N8 security code error after updating to Belle

Advisor
spidermeow

Re: N8 security code error after updating to Belle

mine is same with ghaikal's #4.

i tried via the power button way and the one under the phone mgmt menu = same error codes.

note f-secure have since been uninstalled too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

Trying  to  clarify :

1- were you using a different code than the default ? -

first time when it appeared after belle upgrade, yes. It was telling about the error several times. Then finally prompted to create the new security code.

2- in your post you said : " if it was not used " , what if it was used ? -

if a security code was not used or active before

3- when you locked the phone with the power button, did enter any code or the real code ? and for how many times ? -

I did not try to lock when issue was after Belle install. But after I created the new one, I have to enter my real that I created.

4- when I lock the phone from the power button , it will ask for the security code , not a new security code , is this your case ?-

If you never been using the security code, and it asks for it after the upgrade, try several times with default one. (1.). After you recreate the code, yes, it will ask for the real one and will not prompt for the new.

I uninstalled F-secure in my phone since it useless till you buy it for >= $40

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xladyzstarx

None of the methods you guys posted works. I tried the lock phone method and now when I choose that, the phone doesn't even bring me to the lock phone key-in for the security code. I have to go to the phone management tab to get to the security code. And even then, when I key in my security code, or the default, it still pops up as "Code Error"!

I have tried many times since the belle update, and it didn't work at all! 

I need the patch. Is there any way we can get to the security code file to reset the codes? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

rcvd this email from my local Nokia support channel. i am pretty frustrated really, this means you guys with code errors are in the same boat and are doomed to get any help from the techs here, and the only way is to pay a visit to your nearest NCC. this also implies that we simply "forgot" our lock code and have to pay for the consequences of updating to Belle.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

We understand that you are having issues with your security code. In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that if your Nokia device prompts you for a security code and you have not changed it before, enter the default security code: 12345. There are cases that when you enter the wrong code three or more consecutive times, the device switches to a sleep mode and does not accept any entries for the next 15 minutes. Power the device off and then back on, keep it in idle state or untouched for 15 minutes then try again.

If the issue persists, you can have the code reset to default by taking it to one of our Nokia Care Centers as this procedure can only be done in our service centers for security purposes and that applicable charges may apply. Please be reminded to bring your proof of purchase together with the warranty card for warranty verification.

To locate the nearest Nokia Care Center within your area, kindly visit the link below:

We hope for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

You may like to visit our website for more information and support for your Nokia device. If you have further enquiries, please write to us again or contact Nokia Careline at 1300 881600. We operate between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm, seven days a week.

Kind regards,

Michael P.
Nokia Careline

[THREAD ID:1-5L5GEHC]

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokh

I think this answer does not take into the consideration the fact (or strong possibility) of a faulty software release. It only considers the possibility of forgotten security code. :smileysad:

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

[ Edited ]

my love for nokia has diminished with each passing day when i browse this so-called nokia support forum hoping for a solution or even a acknowledgement from any of the nokia techs here. and belle has given me nothing but more problems than anna.

i am just going to go to the nearest NCC, pay to get it reset and get rid of it as fast as possible and move on.

this will be my last post and also my last piece of "smartphone" i will ever buy/recommend from Nokia.

to all you nokia fans out there, i wish you good luck and all the best in the symbian world.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnjclew

I'd had this similar problem (on N8) like many of you are facing now, until 5 minutes ago. Now I've restarted my phone 3 times without the annoying prompt to ask for the Security code.

How I fixed it?

To put the story really simple: I tried a few possible numbers that I could have used as the Security code in the past and after a few trials one combination of numbers got it through (6 numbers). And then only I remember I DID use the 6 numbers as Security code but somehow later on I kind of 'deactivated' the Security code function back in Anna.

No wonder I don't remember I was using the Security code feature.

Who would have guessed after upgrading to Belle, the system would ask for the Security code I once used back in old time?

Since the phone will not REALLY lock itself we may as well keep trying (Think and exhaust all the possible combination of passwords you could have used in the past in Anna) until we get it.

Go into SETTINGS>PHONE>PHONE MANAGEMENT>SECURITY SETTINGS>PHONE AND SIM CARD>Security Code. We'll be prompted to enter the Security code; good luck to all of us in trying to remember any remotely possible numbers we could have used but later on have decided to deactivate the Security code.

Of course, this was my case.

And for those of you who really have no clues when you've set the Security code and what the numbers could be I can only wish you better luck.

I also see many people kind of regretted upgrading to Belle; some about the degradation in photos taken, some about not able to play flash movies (me too! Very upsetting), and of course, the Security code issue. I'm still browsing around to get some other issues fixed...

And to Nokia, is it possible to write a patch update to reset the Security code to 12345? No? to prevent the thieves from unlocking the stolen phones?

Good luck and thank you!

John

Please use plain text.
Daftlad

I know this may not help anyone who has already downloaded Belle. I downloaded Belle on my N8 only to find that I had the same Security Code issues as mentioned in this discussion. I phoned & emailed Nokia who couldn't resolve my issue except for telling me I could take it to my nearest Nokia Care Centre, which is over a 70mile round trip, then have to pay for something which is not covered under Nokia Warranty & not my fault. I then contacted my Network provider who was more sympathetic & replaced my phone for a new/refurb handset. I was very reluctant to install Belle but curiosity got the better of me. Before I started the installation I removed my memory card, made sure my pin code was off & left my security code off & set to default 12345. The installation ran smoothly right to the end & the phone is running perfectly. I haven't bothered at all with F-Secure. I have since changed the default Security code to my own personal code, as well as enabling my Sim code, switched my phone off several times to try it & its perfectI must also add that my installation was an upgrade from original Symbian 3, not ANNA. As I said at the beginning, this may be too late for most people but may come in handy for anyone upgrading a new or refurb handset.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajlanrp

Re: N8 security code error **bleep** updating to Belle

i hav try  all de way i cn do, bt unfrlty nathg is working, wat ll i do,???? nokia shld answer mi, evn i can't keep security fr ma fone...?  i ha tryd 12345 , 0000 , 00000 , etc, bt nvr evr it shw's accepd

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
holly264

this is obviously a software issue, i regret having updated to Belle and would prefer to have the old system back. is this possible?i to have this problem tried all the suggestions and fixes on site...no joy looks like we are stuck with this issue for life of phone unless Nokia sends out a patch!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on this. I would suggest you refer to the Nokia Belle udpate FAQ which has an entry on the (random) request to enter the code at startup and continue whether you enter the correct code or not (and get the code error response). This has been identified and will be corrected in a future update.

Here's the entry on this.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter new security code. I do this and get an error message stating “code error”. What should I do?

A: Please try again a few times. There are very rare cases in which the phone incorrectly asks for new a security code but does not accept the entered code.  In that situation the problem vanishes by entering any code until the phone stops asking for it.  After this, the code you had entered before the update works again normally.

As some have pointed out this has no relation to the  F-Secure app but to the default device security code (which defaults to 12345).

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geliit

i also have problem w/ the code. I cann0t make outgoing calls because it is deactivatd and it needs pasw0rd to change it.what will i do to kn0w the pasw0rd of that?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sunny9676462646

i had the same 'code error' too after updating to belle
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vinushatakshi

yes..i'm also having the exact same issue
Please use plain text.
viggoboy

when i open the F-Secure app on my phone my phone freezers and will not allow me to do anything i have to switch my N8 off by pressing and holding the power button,please help me what can i do
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
326i

ur very right. thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fixn8

To bypass code request and reset to factory settings on Nokia N8 Belle. Do this...First get some to help you or do a bit of contortion-ism... power phone totally down, then press down volume button, the camera button and menu button simultaneously, and while continuously holding them down, hit the power button and release it, keep the three buttons down for a further 10 seconds until the language menu appears, select your language and continue with setup menu. Careful as this deletes all contacts, mail & sms's but curiously remembers all downloaded apps....worked for me and I hope it works for you guys.
Please use plain text.