Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N82 voice command freeze after update

scanner1
Accepted Solution

N82 voice command freeze after update

I have just updated the firmware on my N82 from 31.0.002 (phone original) to 35.0.002 using the software updater on my pc, everything seemed to progress ok. After the update all my settings contacts ect appeared unchanged, I tried several functions and apps all seemed fine until I tried voice command (holding down right selection key for 2 sec), it started as usual but then froze and the only way out was battery removal. I tried again the same happened, I restored the backup I had done before update but it made no difference.

Any help would much appreciated as I used this function a lot.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

have you ever reseted your phone?

Soft reset(reformat). Type *#7370# and the phone's lock code (Nokia default lock code is 12345). Soft reset wipes the C drive.

Hard reset. Switch the phone off. Press and hold three keys together, the green key, the * key and the number '3'. While you are holding these keys, switch the phone on. Don't release these three keys before you see the NOKIA logo.
Warning! Hard reset wipes the C (phone memory) drive.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
scanner1

Thanks, the soft reset sorted it, although I had to repeat because restoring my backup also restored the problem, ended up just restoring contacts, notes and calendar.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

this is nice but... you marked the wrong post as "Solution" to the thread. and perhaps you forgot something? - you can thank someone here by clicking the green star under his avatar.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.