Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85-3 Firmare Update? None since November of '...

Sage

N85-3 Firmare Update? None since November of '08. What gives?

[ Edited ]

They really need to get a firmware update out for the N85.  The bluetooth stack for this phone [...] wind.  constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.  Doesn't matter what I pair it up to.  I can't believe it's been this long w/o an update.

Moderator's note:
Bad language removed.
Message Edited by gcpropulser on 08-Apr-2009 08:03 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: N85-3 Firmare Update? None since November of '08. What gives?

I agree that a firmware update is urgently needed. I am still waiting to see (and hoping) if next firmware will solve all the problems of this phone, like constant rebooting and crashing. It has been quite a long time since last update.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Apparently the "Bad Language" police is in the area.  You would think they had better things to do.  Like get new firmware out for the N85. Maybe that's why there hasn't been any.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

gamo62 wrote:
Apparently the "Bad Language" police is in the area.  You would think they had better things to do.  Like get new firmware out for the N85. Maybe that's why there hasn't been any.

You'd like a forum moderator to design your phone firmware? I can't speak for my colleagues, but I'm no programmer - if I developed the firmware, you'd really have something to complain about!

Seriously, though, when you created your account with Nokia Support Discussions you agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the site, which includes showing due respect in all of your interactions here.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
I was talking about Nokia as a whole.  If they spent as much time developing updates and fixes as they do censoring peoples remarks, then there would have been at least two firmware updates by now.  True.  But censoring the word su@k?  C'mon now.
Message Edited by gamo62 on 09-Apr-2009 12:43 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

all y'all can do is be patient. i have N78 and was impatient, had to wait about six months before i got my grubby hands on v20.149 firmware. so maybe thats the pattern with N85 too, i speculate it should only be another month or two maximum before an update comes through :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Let's hope it'll be a good update ( not like the 1st ) with a GIANT change log like for the N79

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bayarea

I have been waiting since July 2008 for an update to my N78-3 US. I gues it is not on the priority list for updates. US updates take longer anyways, but this is getting a bit rediculous. Bugs for most phones are well documented in various threads and yet there seems to be no urgency to update these phones. I am aware that Nokia is not monitoring these boards on a regular basis, but it would still be nice to see a bit more response from Nokia in the form of updates. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i just got my n85-3 updated over the air today!!! i'm in NYC - rm-334
Please use plain text.
Sage

I finally got the FOTA update this evening.  We'll see how things have improved.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

wow. we get nothing for so long and then suddenly a barrage of goodies? nice work Nokia.

RM-334 - N85-3 just got v30!

Please use plain text.