Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N86 v21.006

Hello. Yesterday I updated to v20.115, that I regret on now. It's very many bugs with it! The music icon has been to a usuall map icon, and all of my videos does't working anymore, just to mention something. Is these bugs solved with the new firmware?

The v21 is not available for me yet, but should I wait for this upgrade or should I take a hard reset until then? Cause I have another problem with the C drive that is filling it up itself, it's looks like. I allways save apps and games and everything on E, but slowly the C drive is also filling up. Now it's 30 MB remaining, but when I got the phone for three weeks ago, I had nearly 50 MB on C. So a hard reset is maybe good for it anyway (?)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I like nokia 6700slide homescreen on my n86 with contact bar on v30
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

BUGS in N86 new firmware:

The phone is extremly slow, very slow, very very slow

The Email stopped working, i cannot cancel any setting I cannot insert new setting

The Exhange Mail works, slow but works.

Gmail instead stopped to update messages, if i try to modify setting the phone freeze.

Do not buy this phone, and do not buy any Nokia phone because mail doesn't work at all with new phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajinkya

Dear alexdal

something must have went wrong while updating u r N86

i have also updated mine and i have noticed cosiderable increase in its performance.

and i'm using Gmail on my N86 and there is no issue synchronizing with it.

i request u to please visit nokia care to reinstall the firmware

N-Gage > N70 > N73> N78 > N79 > N86 8MP 16GB v.21.006 RM-484
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia Remove THAT BLOODY NOISE in NIGHT SHOTS it sucks ALL NIGHT fotos are full of HORRIBLE noise and BLURRY ..u must make ppl very still SUPER STILL to take reliable FOTO dont tell me 3rd LED ISO and bla bla bla .. i need to take a decent NIGHT FOTO i could PRINT ??!!!    I want my N82 BACK !!   RETURN my money
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I understand the anger's SeeBreezeN86!

I'm very disappointed with indoor pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My olds N95 and N82 are better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell us it's a choise of compromise!

A simply indoor picture in the dining room is horrible!!!!!

The problem of slow shutter speed isn't resolved!!!!

The characters must absolutely no move!!!!!! In the living room with lights N86 with his flash led shoots 1/10s or less!!!!!!

Iso max and bad noisy picture (1/20s)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not exceptionnals conditions!

In this case we can require good picture from the "best" N86, at least same quality of the N95 and N82!

N86 best for night city picture, for out door picture? Yest I agree!

BUT I WANT THIS QUALITY FOR PICTURES OF MY FAMILY IN MY HOUSE!!!

It's excess request???!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

ahhhhhhhhh thank god atleast one man belives me !!  every where i read all forums and sites say the n86 wins rules and some **bleep** like that i thought am blind  and asking .... why the hell only me can see the completly opposite !!  every pic i take at home cafe pub dance club party all night fotos sucksssssssssssssss  noise and blurry everywhere with the x-n82 i used to take brilliant pics

the N86 really SUFFERS a SERIOUS problem at night shots ....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
showmak

When I go to Applications >> SW update >> I get this message "Refreshing failed. Try again later"...

Anybody got this error? Why I am getting it...Before 2 days it was working OK...

Please advise.

N86 8MP v30.009
The world became a better place on July 8, 1979...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I haven't yet got my update :smileysad:( Why do they ignore NAM always?? As u sow, so shall u reap. No wonder Nokia is kicked out of USA. Staunchest customer like me, who defy all the vogue and keep using Nokia, feels only deserted when they keep sending update to the rest of the world ignoring us. May be this is my last Nokia :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, for me is working fine my N86, V11, i discovered that when is on dual, GMS and 3G battery run out quickly it setup to GMS and seems better, the battery lasts longer, my question, if i updated to v21 it comes with face detection ??

and if you can tell me how can i know on pics about ISO 100 etc, dont know how identify that

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

That's because when exiting 3g coverage area, the phone will still be looking for 3g, which will drain your battery. if you're living in a low 3g coverage area, switch your phone to connect only in gsm mode.

yes, if you'll update to v21 the face detection will be there.

for finding out the iso, exposure, flash mode etc, just right click on your pic - properties - details. everything shoud be there.

If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miki69

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

nice great shots

i c in v21 they have lowered the iso alittle but

so what settings did u used instead of turning the flash off !  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

eeeewww i am fed up of the slow shutter speed with flash all pics are hazzy it cant freeze actions ever and cant stand the noise anymore

who wants to buy my n86-white version used for 3 month brand new not a single scratch for 360 US dollars ???

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi all i'm from the uk and i still have not got my update yet

at the moment i have got version 11 installed do i need to install version 20 before i get the new v21

thanks scott

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miki69

I've used Landscape mode (no flash, plus it has high sharpness by default)

Cheers,

Miki

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hello is it worth upgrading to 20.115 or keep my version 11 till i get v21 update through

cheers scott:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miki69

[ Edited ]

scott,

I would go straight from v11 to v21 , too many trobles with v20, been there done that.

Some more night shots (v20):

http://img527.imageshack.us/i/31122009763.jpg/

http://img51.imageshack.us/i/31122009758.jpg/

http://img300.imageshack.us/i/31122009766.jpg/

Day shots (v20):

http://img211.imageshack.us/i/09012010919.jpg/

http://img148.imageshack.us/i/09012010915.jpg/

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/09012010923.jpg/

Cheers,

Miki

Message Edited by miki69 on 21-Jan-2010 10:00 PM
Message Edited by miki69 on 21-Jan-2010 10:03 PM