Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 PR1.1 Update released

Counsellor
rahulthewall

So, according to the developer blog, the update should be here soon. http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Blogs/blog/n9-developer/2011/11/21/nokia-n9-software-update...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xyes

Re: N9 PR 1.1 for singapore is out....

OTA update is finally out in M'sia, successfully updated it... some 13 other updates were pending when i check before update, after update, left only 8... updating one-by-one now.
i think very few would go for bundle package from Telco... not worth it in M'sia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Buttn55

i have N9 . But when i changed the sim without turning off mobile , it is now asking for security code which i don't know . Plz help me.
Please use plain text.
plaurian

hello, i am from romania, i have n9 unbranded 64g from october, in 10 nov i received over the air the update v20.2011.40-4_pr_001, but now yesterday i received a new notification that is a new update same number and i cannot make the update. what is wrong?? the message is "imposible the follow the instal packege" what is wrong? please answer.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

There has been a unusually low amount of feed back from nokia on this update. I've been following Skyee give us news what versions of the N8 are getting updates each week but nothing of the sort on the N9. Is Elop telling Nokia employees to ignore the N9 and pretend the best phone on the market doesnt exist?

The N9 is a phone for noia fans who know what they're doing with it. just release the software. Dont give us the excues that your waiting on carrier approval. Most poeple i know who have them are unbranded so there is no needed to wait for a carrier. I know i paid a premium to have it unbranded in the hope i would get the updates sooner.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulthewall

Honestly, this is a tad ludicrous. I got my phone unbranded as well, but there seems to be no update at all. And Nokia is officially selling the phone in Switzerland, they should at least tell us when can we expect an update. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fastalam420

I have been hearing about this update for a month now....I check for it daily on my phone and on my PC. Nothing yet. Its frustrating and annoying that we don't know when our regions are going to get the update. I even wrote to nokia regarding this and they simply sent me a email saying that it will be rolled out soon...Their was no time line as to when? This is absolute nonsense, Im with vodafone Australia, region code: 059L488, black 16GB. 

******IF NOKIA IS READING THIS*******

You will lose nokia users if you don't start giving clear information on such updates/releases.

People don't like being in the dark...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

059L488 is the product code of a black 16GB N9 branded by Vodafone Australia. As such, the rollout of a firmware update is something that is beyond Nokia's control. Vodafone have complete control over when the update is released, and even over whether it is released at all.

The "vanilla" (unbranded) update was given to Vofadone long before it was rolled out to the public so that they could make their alterations, add their branding etc. before giving it back to Nokia for release through the normal update channels. If Vodafone have not given their branded version back to Nokia, you can't blame Nokia for that.

As for Nokia announcing exactly when updates are going to be released, I doubt they can do that. I'm a software developer myself and I can never say exactly when something I'm working on will be complete. I can give a ballpark estimate and say that it'll be done around that date, allowing for unforeseen bugs, changes in 3rd party APIs etc. but never give a precise time or date. You should follow http://conversations.nokia.com and you'll see estimates there from time to time.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
voelundar

hi, 

im using a 059L6C3, bought in a T-Mobile Shop here in Austria.

I would like to know, if there is a posibility to check that a n9 uses a branded software?

I have not found a hint for somekind of a branding, no special apps etc...

thx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

I'm actually surprised that Vodafone have branded their handset, I got mine from Crazy John's and they run on the Vodafone network, but mine is a Country Variant Australian one. Which is the same Country Variant handset that I received when I bought my N8 outright and unlocked last year. Think it's much the same case of having to wait a while as I did with my N8, for even the CV variants to be updated with PR 1.1 for my N9 :smileysad:. And i hate waiting haha....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

Skyee its been 3 weeks and no new news about varients updates. could you please give us some more news?

I have a Cyan 16gb unbranded Australian N9. I paided the premium for to get it unbranded becuase i thought i would get updates sooner.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

I bought my phone in Abu Dhabi on 8.11. I live in Romania but so far i did not get any update for it. When can i get  or expect the new release? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Not_a_Fan

It's not Nokia,

Update has already been released. It's Voda that has to release it for their phones and apparently Voda HQ says not till early Dec for testers and an actual roll out end of Dec in Australia.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrNkStyle

Is not possible!!! My Nokia N9 Black 64Gb Swizzerland doesn't have update yet!!!

Why??? WHen??!?!? please give me one answer!

I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.
useflmody

When it will be available for Egypt ?! were still waiting here...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rramans143

I am using N9 for the past one month and I live in singapore, but  my phone and Nokia Suite says that my phone is up to date and could not update to the newer version , when will it be available for me ,pls anyone let me know, because I am facing so many software issues like ,cannot connect to Wifi ,where my others colleagues are getting connected thorugh Nokia, samsung, iphone, but in my N9 when I reset my settings after I attempt to connect to my office Wifi its getting connected no problem , but after few hours of time its automatically getting disconnected and when i attempt again to connect its say "something problem with the Network" so annoying, even in the store also many apps not available for N9, very few apps only available,,,,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

[ Edited ]

Hey MrNkStyle,

did you get the update? If not, could you post your product code? Not the IMEI!

Just checked and the update is available for the following Swiss variants:

059K748

059K753

059K756

059K772

Best regards.

Max.

Update: just found it /t5/Software-Updates/No-update-available-Post-your-productcode-amp-I-ll-check/m-p/1230581#M105143

You are out of luck, you have a country variant and not a vanilla Nokia version. This means you have to wait for someone, somewhere to accept the update and pass it to the users.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrNkStyle

thank you @Maximilian1st for the answer but can you explain me whats means "you have to wait for someone, somewhere to accept the update and pass it to the users." i don't understand!! Nokia doesn't update Country variant???
I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

It seems the country variants must be verified just like the operator versions, that is all I know. I have no idea who is in charge of this verification but I know they take longer than other country variants as the new FWs for any Nokia phone always are three to four weeks late compared to other variants.

Search Skyee's posts and you will find that same vague answer about who verifies the variants. She never comes out with a clear precise answer.

I wouldn't be surprised if this task is just carried by one or more operators, in the end they are the ones having the phone on their networks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrNkStyle

Thank you Maxi......i will wait.....!
I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.