Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 PR1.1 Update released

dewit

Hi there

I have tried  to update my  N9 into the latest update that  you  mentioned above (20.2011.40-4) but with no luck, using two methods of update one through  the device setting>App>Manage App then touching that arrow to start update, the other one connecting it to PC and starting Nokia Software Updater it searches for a while and then it says your device is up to date , but I  doubt this is true because of news that said there is a 20 update available. Mine got this Ver (10.2011.34-1-PR-006). So does anyone have an idea of what's going on.

Thanks to all

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrNkStyle

News for Country Variant??????????

I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

The late of news on this topic is worryingly low. Whats up Skyee? your normally pretty good at keeping us Nokia fan update to speed on the latest news
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

Will the update let me share photos via twitter? that is a must have feature.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

no...you cant share photos stored in gallery via twitter on pr 1.1 firmware
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

maddogeco wrote:

Will the update let me share photos via twitter? that is a must have feature.

Yes, you can share photo's via twitter with the new update. The update adds a new version of the twitter app that adds the ability to attach a picture to your tweet. The option isn't in the gallery though in PR1.1.

It is possible to enable the option of sharing pictures with twitter through the gallery but it requires you to make modifications whilst using developer mode. Using that is entirely at your own risk and can lead to other issues such as an unusable device.

Here is the guide on how to enable twitter support in the gallery:

http://lovemynokia.com/simple-trick-to-enable-twitpic-from-n9-n950-gallery/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

such a basic feature like that should be provided in built with the gallery app by default by Nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dns_88

I have a black un-branded N9 and live in Australia.  Had my phone for over a month now and still no update.  Any ideas when the update will be rolled out for our country?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

after upgrading to PR1.1 i have experienced following things:

-phone said version was succesfully installed but NSU said upgrade failed

- application start is slower than previous version

- all apps disappeared, restore them did not work, i had to manually install each one again

- opening music player took very long 5 - 10 min due to updating music library message

- sometimes i get pop-ups saying application failed to respond

- no indication whne headphone connected

+ music is louder

+control on locked screen

+wifi signal correctly showed now

+facebook app improved

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

[ Edited ]

@psychomania I've read about that tweak but I also read it didn't work unless you have PR1.1.
@skyee This would be a great Xmas present for us could you release the unbranded version to us massive nokia fans, Please :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Angelspt

[ Edited ]

dewit

07-Dec-2011 08:59 AM

Hi there

I have tried  to update my  N9 into the latest update that  you  mentioned above (20.2011.40-4) but with no luck, using two methods of update one through  the device setting>App>Manage App then touching that arrow to start update, the other one connecting it to PC and starting Nokia Software Updater it searches for a while and then it says your device is up to date , but I  doubt this is true because of news that said there is a 20 update available. Mine got this Ver (10.2011.34-1-PR-006). So does anyone have an idea of what's going on.

Thanks to all.

I have the same problem, and i need help too.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rramans143

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE IN SINGAPORE
Please use plain text.
sashamaya

It is now 23 December 2011 and still no PR1.1 update for my Vodacom branded N9. Nokia South Africa nor Vodacom can give me a satisfactory answer. Getting rather fed up with an otherwise great phone.

Pieter.

Please use plain text.
kazhunter

hey there,

i have a cyan one unbranded here in australia and used the NSU 26/12 and it was there. Downloading it now, quite a big file too 1.1gb. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Weblover

Just got a brand New White N9 64 GB (059M8W6: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH White 64GB V1_COLOR). Unfortunately I did not get the update yet. Any clues about when it will be coming for my phone version?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Angelspt

In this update, what's new on the calendar related to the notification in the standby screen ???
Please use plain text.
WillN9

Please help! I currently using N9 in Australia, but I could not update to this new version as my phone shows that the device is up to date but it is the old version. Could u tell me how can I update to this new version.

Thank in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
speedlikecy

I get my nokia n9 from
Singapore Starhub black 64GB

still dint get any update OTA.
how to fix this?

still version 1.0

Please use plain text.
shyamningthouja

my nokia 6300 is so weak in software.when runing proggrame it becomes switch off outo on some minute.so sir kindly help me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jmac3009

Telstra have said that the N9 upgrade will be released some time in Feb...

Please use plain text.