Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 PR1.1 Update released

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

N9 PR1.1 Update released

Hi all,

just to inform you that we have now started to publish PR1.1 update for N9 (software update version number 20.2011.40-4). The updates are published in waves and your phone will display a notification once it's available for you.

Some of the new features include:

• NFC tag reading to instantly interact with NFC tags
  • Music controls on lock screen
  • Photo and video shooting with color filters: black & white, sepia, vivid, negative, solarize
  • More powerful multitasking with improved memory handling
  • Swype for fast typing
  • Faster MfE synch, synchronizing only active folders
  • Noice cancellation reduces background noise so that your friends hear you better
  • Close apps easily with swiping down, this now on by default
  • New indicators for standby screen like charging and calendar
  • etc.

Enjoy!

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N9 PR1.1 Update released

This is brilliant news!! I know Nokia are often quite secretive regarding changes and bug fixes in firmware, but there appears to be a serious issue with a number of 64GB devices (particularly Austrian black 64GB handsets). Serious stability issues, random reboots and app crashes plaguing a number of these devices

Do you know if there might be a fix to address this particular problem?

The N900 suffered a similar random reboot issue just after launch that was completely fixed in the first firmware release (start of 2010). The key thing here is many users are waiting to send back their phones if they are genuinely faulty but at the same time, many will wait to try PR1.1 if it addresses this problem.

Do we know if there have been any stability improvements, particularly targetting Finnish made 64GB models?

I have mine boxed to be sent back to the supplier today (to order again at a later date), if PR1.1 solves the problems I'll definitely hold off and I'm sure a number of other users will too.
Please use plain text.
Sage
naf1970

Hi yvonne,
this is great news!!! :smileyhappy:

Thank you to keep us informed !
Nokia N8 / N9 / Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anedb

N9 is not just a smartphone..

It's piece of art..  It's a(my) dream phone..  Inside and outside..

I had the chance to play with it in a store and i fall in love with it..

This OS must continue with Nokia.., is GREAT..

It's a pitty that i can't buy it..  629euro (16Gb) is a lot for me..

Too pitty..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poisonedslo

Which languages are available for swype?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

poisonedslo wrote:
Which languages are available for swype?

I have a Finnish N9, these are the swype languages it has on it:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fuzzia

[ Edited ]

After downloading the ~230MiB package the update starts, but sits there for several minutes at 0%. Then the update is aborted with "Update interrupted. Try again / Cancel". Of course, when I try again the same happens.
I've already tried the clean-function (full clean, not just reset) to start with a fresh state. It didn't help, the same error :smileysad:
Is there an option to reflash the firmware entirely from PC?

[edit] I'm not the only one :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nrde

I think N950 got "offline" install a week or so ago. So I think it will be available for N9 also at some point.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shadowduke

I think you just don't wait long enough. After download and starting the update-process the 0% were shown for about 10-15 minutes before starting. Whole update after download takes about 45-60 minutes.

greets

Stefan

PS: Sorry for my bad english, like you can see its not my native language :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Mine got to about 30% after about 15 mins, now it is at a black screen with red text:

"Rescuing software update
Please do not interrupt.
10%"

This is not good.. installing the software update on a phone that is suffering serious stability issues :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gd1328

The Vietnamese language please! Thank for your hard work! :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fuzzia

It's not that I didn't wait long enough. I didn't touch the device while the updater ran. It simply aborts all by itself after several minutes. In the background you can see flight mode is enabled, and before running the updater I also disabled background internet connections, just to be sure. So there shouldn't be any interference.

Meanwhile I noticed that even the Clean device option isn't cleaning everything. The apt cache is still filled, and the root-password isn't reset. Not that I can su to root, to clean said cache: devel-su now gives me the "can't set groups: operation not permitted" treatment :smileysad:

That clean-flash-option would come in very handy now.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trinnemaa

Not really sure why this is in nokia usa.

What comes to update the phone I did notice that there will be pop up about phone in flight mode and it ask turn on wifi. I always did press NO and update did continue.

Just wondering if that has something to do with problems with the update if people not notice that prompt and then device will not move on with the update. I did use 3G to download the update and not wifi so that might be reason why I got the wifi prompt during he install.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

trinnemaa wrote:

What comes to update the phone I did notice that there will be pop up about phone in flight mode and it ask turn on wifi. I always did press NO and update did continue.

I said yes and it continued so it looks like it doesn't effect the update process.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trinnemaa

Yes but if people do not notice that and just left the phone and comes back later. Does it effect to update if user does not follow what happens in the screen during the update.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Saying yes, no or ignoring it has no bearing on the update process. It continues regardless and auto reboots at the end.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MrNkStyle

In which country is possible download in this moment?!?!?
I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.
schliver

[ Edited ]

My phone is also rescuing itself now from the update. After about 30 % the update process stopped and it asked for security code, I tried my code but it didn´t accept it, so I booted the phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

successfully updated my n9....it took around 45 mins...phone seems faster....thanks MeeGo team for this update!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MrNkStyle

You are from?!??!?!

I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.