Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 Firmware Update issue

Contributor

N95 Firmware Update issue

I updated the firmware on my Nokia N95.  Did it as per instructions in software updater in PC Suite:  backup phone, do firmware update, restore from backup.  Seemed to be fine.

But then I noticed that one of the third party products I'd bought (quickoffice spanish dictionary) was missing. I've contacted quickoffice and hopefully they can sort this out.  But surely this shouldn't happen!!!  Doesn't the backup back everything up?  All the third party games were properly restored and other things too, only this one program was lost.

Maybe someone can report this to Nokia - or is there something that can be done to avoid problems in future?

Justin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: N95 Firmware Update issue

Hi jseabrook

Your N95 does not have User Data Preservation feature like for example N82 so unfortunately applications which you have bought need to be re-installed after firmware update, so advisable to store activation keys somewhere safe. 

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N95 Firmware Update issue

Thanks scoobyman.  Maybe Nokia will think about adding a warning message before firmware update!

Justin

Please use plain text.