Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95, date changes itself. latest fw v31.0.017

nixz

N95, date changes itself. latest fw v31.0.017

Hi.

I have alarm on my phone that goes on every work day at 05:20.

Week 4 it worked great mon, tue and wed.

On friday evening i ask my girlfriend if the alarm did go on today(fri) and yeasterday(thu), she couldnt remember.

Saturday morning the alarm goes on 05:20 i woked up turned it off and turned on coffee mashine.

Hmm, what the hell its saturday?!

So i thought that i somehow changed the date and time to some other day and changed it back.

Week 5, mon, tue, wed the alarm goes on as it should.

Thursday 29 january, time 05:35 i asked if she heard the alarm today? No she said.

I went into my calendar and what did i see, the date is set to 31 january 2009!!! but today its 29 january 2009.

I can bet that in 2 days on saturday the calendar is gonna change back to 29 january 2009 and the alarm is gonna wake me up on saturday morning.

Anyone else with this problem?

V 31.0.017
16-12-08
RM-159
N95 (03.01)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

N95 8GB, V 31.0.015, also affected

Hi,

and I thought I was going bananas here: same issue with a Nokia N95 8GB, V 31.0.015, 07-11-08, RM-320.

Sunday, 01 Feb 09, I set the alarm to 06:55 am. Monday, 02 Feb 09 the alarm goes of like it should. The date on on the phone is 02 Feb 09. 08:17 am I see that the date on the Nokia has changed to 04 Feb 09!

This is not the first time this happend since I have upgraded to the latest FW.

Oh, and please Nokia: while you are on it to fix that bug, please, ajdust the audio slider: 10%steps is early 80s. Imagine your super duper 5.1 rack would have only ten different volume settings. 1% steps is top notch.

Greetings,

--Videoschabe 

Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

Re: 6110 Navigator 6.01 also affected

Same problem on Nokia 6110 Navigator since firmware 6.01.

But hey guys, you can be lucky, you will probably get an update, whereas Nokia seems to have totally droped the 6110 Navigator and we will stay on the remaining bugs.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shayesta

Re: 6110 Navigator 6.01 also affected

ridiculous isn't it. N78 had this problem. its about time they got there firware department up to shape. What are Nokia trying to do experiment with new firmware packages?

Nokia should check the firmware they make test it 100% if they didnt release buggy firmware in first place not that many users will complain so Nokia wont have to rush a fix out for it without testing.

If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N96 (v20.050 / RM-247)
Please use plain text.

E51 also affected

Last firmware on my E51is also doing this. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

N95 8GB does it again!

Hi people,

it did it again: ported itself 2 days into the future :smileysad:

Well, with the list of unsolved problems getting longer and the time I already have literaly wasted on digging thru forums and blogs I think it is about time to take some alternatives into consideration.

Greetings.

Please use plain text.

Re: N95 8GB does it again!

Is your phone set to auto-update time from the cell provider?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dilbert

Re: N95 8GB does it again!

[ Edited ]
Hmm strange i'm using 31.0.017 and never encountered this problem. Make sure auto update time is switched off.
Message Edited by dilbert on 04-Feb-2009 03:17 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

N95 8GB does it yet again!

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion. Update time via provider is switched off.

Meanwhile I got response from Nokia Care. They suggested to do a *#7370'#. Although I am sure that upgrading to a new firmware pretty much does the same thing, I did a backup, did a *#7370#, restored the data, reinstalled all programs that did not survive the backup procedure for whatever reason, and -

yay: it did it again this morning! After returning from a little run, I was greeted with a nice alarm for an appointment I have - ON FRIDAY! Just to recap, it is Wednesday right now where I am :smileyhappy:

Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

Re: N95 8GB does it yet again!

yes, it is a bug in symbian os 60v3 fp1 in combination with many recent firmwares. it actually only occurs when you set alarm-clock on, and/or if you set appointments for specific days and times. its not the providertime, all of us have turned that off.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

Hi,

thanks for the information laxlex. Is that a confirmed bug? Could you provide some links?

What I did yesterday:

Backup of all data via Nokia Content Copier

Format mass memory

*#7370#

restored only Contacts and Calendar entries

Yet, the N95 8GB did it again this morning. Half an hour after switching on, it jumped to Feb 07 2009.
Tonight I will go through the same procedure but without restoring the calendar entries.

It is really kind of annoying that I waste my time and do debugging work for a company which is obviously not able/willing to get some rock solid procucts out the door :smileysad:

Anyways, I will keep you posted.

Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Sage
freebird123

Exactly the same problem on my E71 (V200.21.118).

A workaround for this issue is to not switch off the phone. If you don't want to be disturbed just enable Offline mode but leave the phone on.

FreeBird

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

Hi,

so last night I did format the mass memory, applied a *#7370#, did NOT restore any backup data whatsoever.

Set the alarm, switched off the phone, went to sleep, woke up when the alarm went off, switched on the phone, went for a short run, came back and voila: welcome to your Sunday!!! Well, it is still Friday where I am so that did not work either :smileysad:

Next on the list is to reinstall the firmware and go from there.

Greetings.

P.S. After every *#7370# the N95 8GB wants me to subscribe to MyNokia, now THAT is really annoying! 

Please use plain text.
Sage
freebird123

@videoschabe:

You can skip your tests. I'm already through with all of this.

Looks like this problem exists on all newer firmware on all (or many) S60v3 FP1 firmware phones.

FreeBird

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

Hi Freebird123,

thanks for the info. So I guess it is back to Nokia Care Center then :smileysad:

That ist most non-triumphant!

Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
radubm

hi everybody,

just wanted to let you know that my E66, with ver 200.21.118 firmware, has the same problem (something to expect, as E66 and E71 are siblings...); it's only that mine adds 3 days to the current date :smileyhappy:...

In my country, Nokia Support is more then useless :smileysad:; no metter what i ask, they kepp giving me the *#7370#  -solution :smileysad:.

My only hope was to find an answer here. Now... I just hope that Nokia will come back soon with a new version of software :smileysad::smileysad:...

cheers, 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

Confirmed as a bug by Nokia Customer Point

Hi,

took the N95 8GB to the Nokia Service Point and got it back the next day. They did a complete erase and reinstallation of the firmware, which is according to the Service Point a littler deeper than the *#7370# and reinstallation if the firmware via NSU.

Anyways, they said they have tested it and the error did not occur.

I did not change a thing except the wake up tone and guess what: IT DID IT AGAIN! I went back to the Nokia Service Point and told them to test it again, this time test it with the exact same parameters (e.g. SIM Card inserted, completely switched off).

So they did and *tadaaa* I would have loved to see their faces. After that they obviously did some research and dugg up the information that it is a known and confirmed bug and will be resolved in the next firmware upate.

Assumed workaround - I have not tested it yet - is: after the alarm goes off, do not use the "turn phone on now" function, but switch it off, then switch it on.

Why Nokia Care Line is unaware of that information, I do not know.

Why Nokia Service Point was unaware of that information, I do not know.

Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Sage
utkarsh_n82

Re: N95, date changes itself. latest fw v31.0.017

Is this the same problem as like n82? The new firmware has ruined n82!
Please reply for my posts also! Thanks in advance.
N82 Just Rocks! V30.0.019
Theres nothing in kudos, but to guide one is a great thing!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
videoschabe

Workaround works

[ Edited ]

Hi,

the workaround proposed by Nokia works, at least it did for me this morning.

So I will keep my fingers crossed that the next firmwire release will have been tested a little better and only if they now figure out how to implement a better volume control (0 - 100 instead of 0 - 10), that'd be awesome.

Workaround:

• when the alarm goes off, press "Stop"
  • "Switch phone on?", press "No"
  • manually switch on the phone

Greetings.

Message Edited by videoschabe on 16-Feb-2009 08:11 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
radubm

Re: Workaround works

hi,

it works for E66, too. I've been testing for a couple of days. 

There's another thing that doesn't work, though :smileyhappy:...

When the alarm-clock starts, i have the option to <stop> , and then turn on/off the phone, or <delay>, which will make the phone silent for the moment; the alarm will start again in 5 minutes (5 minutes for me, i think this is a setting...). 

This doesn't work :smileyhappy:. (doesn't work anymore; it used to, before the last software "downgrade" :smileysad: hrrr... )

If i choose <delay>, the phone will "shut-up", and then will never "speak" again :smileysad:...

I wait, wait, wait... and then, when I turn it on manually (15 minutes later) -> it is then when it tells me I had an alarm 10 minutes ago, and the alarm really starts ringing :smileysad:....

Anyone else noticed that?

I guess there is no workaround for that, is there :smileysad: ?

cheers, 

Please use plain text.