Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 wired headset not working after firmware updat...

N95 wired headset not working after firmware update to V20

I updated my firmware to V20 on my N95 and now the headet(wired) multimedia buttons no longer work and the mic does not work for a hands free call using the headset. I have seen a few people across a few forums post this issue. Has anyone heard of a fix yet?

Everything else works better and faster after the upgrade but having no mic on the handsfree is a bit useless. Oh and before anyone suggests the headset may be faulty it is not, I made a call with it five minutes before upgrade and found the issue immediately after the upgrade, so it looks like dodgey code in the firmware.
Please use plain text.
cdenotter

Re: N95 wired headset not working after firmware update to V20

Mine does not work either after upgrading. I am not sure if this is a common problem, or if I am missing something in the posts that is a quick fix... Any idea?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi

I'm having the same problem and now I wnt to Update the phone again to see if it will fix the problem
But I can't do that becuse the installion of the Software updater fails

As I see it - there is no help from Nokia at all
Everybody is left alone with their pronlem and a stupid faq and a discussion forum so other custumers maybe can help someone

Hallo NOKIA where are you
Well not in my pocket if I cant get any help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

The battery inside the headset is dead.

You will need to take the headset to a repair centre if it's still under the 6 months warranty.

www.nokia.co.uk/repair
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.

I don't think that the battery (is there even a battery?) just got empty in the same moment for everybody who did a firmware update. I didn't use the headset often and the phone is quite new. Maybe the battery should be removed and put in again, in order to reset the heasdset?

How can I remove the battery without destroying the remote control?

Much regards,

Chris
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have same problem after updating from original firmware (11) to version 21 - My headset also worked fine just before upgrade.
If anyone comes across a fix for this please post it as it's a real pain to stop my bike to answer the phone even when I am wearing the headset.
Everything else much improved, gallery loads quicker, much more RAM and GPS locks on fast enough for me to actually use it (shame about loosing the track position on route though).
Peter
N95,K800i,Apple Powerbook.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

UPDATE: Although I found it hard to believe the battery died the same day I upgraded my firmware I followed the instructions i found on this site: http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159868
After a real fiddle (you have to remove clip to find locking screw) I managed to change battery and put it together again and much to my surprise, it works!
Not great planning from Nokia - unless they intend us to buy a new phone if we can't be bothered to change a headset battery every 6 months.
Peter
N95,K800i,Apple Powerbook.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
flatfrogger

Beat me to it pfree, I can confirm its the headset at fault, NOT the phone, the battery in the headset dies and causes it to no longer work properly.
Please use plain text.