Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N96 Update Fails

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I should clarify.  He just reinstalled NSU so NSU could not be the problem. I meant that the drivers come with pcsuite and to reinstall the drivers, you reinstall pcsuite and wiping the old version should it be required.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The drivers also come with the NSU too, so no PC suite is required.

But that isn't the issue here.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I was not aware that the drivers came with NSU as well.

Yes we now know that the drivers aren't the issue and we know this because the fault is with both pcs. It is also not the phone as the same problems exists with the N95. It probably lies with the last remaining common denominators which is the internet connection. 

Would NSU know that the firmware was previouly tampered with?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The NSU only looks at the product code so it wouldn't know. 

Only staff looking at a phones update history can see that the code has changed then changed back.  I believe it gets flagged up to care point staff automatically now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm trying my N95 now on my girlfriends laptop, and it's updating!  I'll try the N96 after this finishes.  It's worth noting that the N95 appears to be switched off whilst the update is occuring.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The N95 update went fine, and that had its code changed a while ago too.

Edit:

Just successfully updated my N96 :smileyvery-happy:  About damn time!  Must of been a driver issue, as I restarted the laptop again before running these successful updates.

Cheers guys!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Congratulations! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just marked the wrong post as the solution, nevermind!  Thanks anyway both of you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.