Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 2.0 update Mail for Exchange access point ...

Counsellor
lsongne

N97 2.0 update Mail for Exchange access point drops

For no reason throughout a day my MfE profile keeps dropping the Access point selection and I get a warning that the profile needs to be corrected as the phone tries to auto-sync. This was not present in the prvious f/w version and started the day I installed the new firmware update 2.0 for N97.

This is a N97 black, RM-507, NAM

Please use plain text.

Re: N97 2.0 update Mail for Exchange access point drops

Same problem for me. I also have the 2.0 software. 
Please use plain text.

The problem goes away if you install the firmware on a clean phone (format phone memory, hard reset etc...). A fresh install also solves many other issues. 
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lsongne

@stensmo I have done this twice and the issue continues.
Please use plain text.

The specific problem can be resolved. How did you hard reset your phone? You should hard reset your phone (some key combination which I cannot remember, press four keys simultaneously). Then format mass memory. Reinstall the firmware. Otherwise let Nokia Care reflash your phone. I had issues with freezes when I hung up a call, but that was resolved when Nokia Care reflashed my phone. 

My phone is currently broken, so I cannot help you further.

Erik

Please use plain text.

Got my phone back after three weeks repair. It was worth it. Everything works much better, the camera is better (no lens scratch, takes much better pictures), the GPS has improved a lot, etc.

Also it does NOT drop the access point. So Nokia Care should be able to resolve this issue.
Please use plain text.