Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: FW 30: What would we like to see?

Professor
froschy

I'm also getting sick of having to uninstall, reinstall and setup Nokia Messaging because it still doesn't allow you to set the messages to store on e: drive resulting in the c: drive gradually getting eaten away.

It also annoys me that Nokia Messaging still isn't integrated into the phone, things like the symbian message notification are still missing meaning that you have no choice but to use the email widget or check the application to see if you have new messages.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
thejohnny

Same as always, Speed, responsiveness and Stability.

Nokia Stop adding useless features and fix the ones that the phone already have!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ynotamil

""As for the N900 replacing the N97, I don't agree with this point as they are two quite different devices.""

Once again consider the 9500: what replaced it? Nothing. Nokia just dropped it, not really caring that thousands and thousands of users were left dry for years waiting for a TRUE replacement. For me the N97 is the closest that they got to the true communicator, but this S60 series 5 does not help at all. I really don't think that they are focused on the market; they just release whatever makes some good profits on a short term, to cover the highly inflated CEO and directors salaries and bonus.

Tony 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I would like to see the phone working as it should. Nothing added and nothing taken away, just working. For that Nokia bloke to say that all problems have been sorted is beyond a joke unless he's talking of a firmware other than 2.1. GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE SAND NOKIA!!!! Also i would like a very good deal on the new nokia running the new symbian when it arrives (thats if i buy another nokia) as they have admitted the N97 is **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I have to admit that whatching the video that everybody are relating to, made me speachless for a couple of minutes. - My n97 iznogood atm. How come my 5800 (half the prize) work better in any way? - We need to see more action from Nokia than that.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

[ Edited ]

smoother scrolling!!  v21 made the scrolling in some places worse also i've seen smoother scrolling on the 5230 than the n97. it also has more transitions than the n97 >< how does that work

n97.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Guys,

Please help me keeping this post on the top. We really need this to always remind Nokia that we're waitingggggggggg

We will never lose the HOPE. It;s our right.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
j_ben

where is that v30?! v21 is a failure once you get to hold it.

a phone of this one deserves more than just bug fixes.

i had the firmware since twas released and i realized we have been fooled.

the phone was magically degraded to a mere rubble of near useless plastic and metal.

NOKIA ( or one speaking from the higher echelon) admitted mistakes of prematurely releasing this alpha-phased phone.

C'mon, NOKIA?! it's not too late to redeem yourself. Give us a FW that is genuinely reliable, stable and deserving of the title FLAGSHIP.

Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

my wish list:

- Could u add to the music player search bar when fysical qwerty is not out. It's slow and stupid to always open the whole phone to search specific song.

- Integrate Ovi Store!!! It's so stupid when you open Ovi Store link phone first opens browser and after that it opens Ovi Store and leaves browser running to background

- Add focus to video camera!

- Apple's iPhone have now a days absolutely fantastic copy-paste functions, where those are in N97?? I can't copy and paste text from messages to browser and back, WHY?

- I have 4000 songs in my music player, make some optimations here, because it's getting sticky

- Throw Download! icon away!!!! You do not use it anymore, right?

- Add HTML support to mail program! I don't want to use my money and C:drive to Nokia Messaging!

- When Bluetooth is on my WIFI connection have lot's of problems.. some work needed here.

- Speed improvements

- Stability

- And Nokia tune bug away!

Thank you!

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I want the backup client in filemanager to backup messages not only from C, but from E too. - And I want to have the possibility to change directory (E or F). 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Nokia why don't you provide us with your FW update plans? Don't we deserve that?

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

Nokia why don't you provide us with your FW update plans? Don't we deserve that?

Agreed! +1 for you

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jorgendif

Fix the Nokia tune bug!!!!!! It´s so *+###""!"#

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

I would like to see the N97 running this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0rd3TD9g_Y&feature=player_embedded

Looks like the N97 should have been.......

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Looks good. Let's hope the devices get good hardware.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

hope that these new devices WILL BE ABLE TO handle the Nokia Random tone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Yeah, agree.

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

Looks like the N97 should have been.......

Agreed!

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Sage

Dear Nokia N97 updating team, any speculations about the coming FW update?????!

We will not give up! It's our right that we will keep asking for it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Agreed. It would be nice if Nokia could provide us with some information about the next fw update, but we all remember how it was around christmas times when Xbungle had stated mid/late december. - I think Nokia will wait until it's ready. - But as mentioned, it would be Nice if they could at least tell us that they are working on something.

Please use plain text.