Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see? Wait fo...

Contributor
juninhocelular

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see?

Hello,,,Just  to PARTICIPATE..I'm from Brazil and waiting too for FW 3.0!!!

HUGS!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see? Wait for the N8!!!

I think I'm going togo with the N8 once it's released.  I'm tired of this N97 **bleep** firmware.

Plus the promises of a 12mp cam, 802.11n, and Bluetooth 3.0?  Plus multi touch screen?  Who wouldn't want it!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My history of Nokia Phones:

N73
N97 

If Nokia doesn't come along with a new firmware to N97, then this is (literaly) my last Nokia phone!

I have "spend" my life with Nokia, probably it's time to go alone now... I don't want to be "Connecting People" with bad "connections"!

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@ gamo62 - lol, every now and then I think about getting the N8 but catch myself when I feel the sting of the lemon that is the N97.

I would really recommend waiting until the phone has been out for a while and the verdict is well and truly out. As the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

@froschy - really? you'd consider an N8? hahahahah! Oh my.  Early reports aren't saying anything amazing about it - if they spiced up the software maybe but to me it still looks way to similar to whats on the N97.  I think the guys at Symbian have been asleep for too long.

Yeah I keep wondering when this v30 is coming out, I think many are correct when they say that Nokia is just waiting for time to pass and have this N97 issue go away.  Judging from the buzz on these forums they might be on to somthing there.

In the next month or so there are lots of new phone coming out from all suppliers once that happens I think the N97 will be forgotten for good - and likely without new firmware, or another token update that addresses nothing.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

[ Edited ]

@ rasmus - like I said these thoughts are always stopped by my experience with the lemon that is the N97

I just can't believe that the engineers at Nokia didn't realize that they had a lemon on their hands before release.

Surely even blind Freddy would've seen that.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Maybe it was too late in the process.

Nokia 808
Nokia CK-200
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

Perhaps, given the culture at Nokia of releasing devices in beta state and then letting the customer suffer until the firmware has been sufficiently improved. The N97 was a particularly bad example of this.

The release state of the N8 will be a key indicator as to whether Nokia have learnt anything from the N97 debacle.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Sage

@ I do agree with you. Kudos... But we still waiting for the FW 3.0

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

Agreed but I certainly don't want Nokia to rush this firmware update, they need to get it right.

However I would at least like Nokia to keep us informed about the next firmware update. I'm not talking about a release date rather just letting us know that they are working on it and what they expect the improvements to be.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

I would like to know is it coming in next September or beginning of June. That would make my feelings much more comfortible if you know what I mean.. =)

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

any body try nokia n97

not get any nokia phone again

go to other (iphone-samsung-htc..etc)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

This is what is going to be in symbian^3 and this is what I want in our FW 30!!

-Threaded messaging and much more check it out!

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/05/28/nokia-n8-video-walkthrough-shows-off-messaging-internet-an...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

FW 3 is out for code 0576363!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've just installed the trial of SPB Mobile Shell, it looks and feels really great. Sure hope Nokia checks it out and get inspired for future updates. I guess it's to late for FW3 but next time perhaps... ;-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JH2O

[ Edited ]

What I would like to see on my N97 mini:

- Option to turn off all lights (led, screen) and sound (beep) when turned off and charging

- Option to kill application within task switcher

- On screen QWERTY would be nice (no must have obviously)

- Small imrpovements to OVI store: option to use enter to search, auto select text field when searching so that you dont have to click on the search field.

- Consitant menu structure: one or two clicks to select item. (Please choose!)

Stability of my N97 mini is good, furtunately. But maybe thats because I'm using only one widget (Profimail)?

Please use plain text.
sugarfix

@froschy Unless you're George Dubya Bush, in which case the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see? Wait for the IPhone 4. Preorders start on 6-15!

[ Edited ]

Fu@$ the N97.  I've had it with this POS!!!!  Iphone 4 here I come.  Nokia, you've had your chance.  Now off we go. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see? Wait for the IPhone 4. Preorders start on 6-15!

I want my update!!! Right now my phone is like PC where is three years ago installed windows XP; slow, sluggish, buggy and of course SLOW

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
techinsane

Re: FW 30: What would we like to see?

Nokia, did contact me 6 months ago. I told them what I thought of the N97, have not heard or seen any improvements since then. I got so fed up with the phone, I had to buy another phone. I now only use my N97, as an MP3 player, what a shame $600 down the drain but I have a glimer of hope that Nokia, will see it's numbers especially over here in the states where they phones do so poorly.

Nokia, I hope you are working on your phones and image.

Please use plain text.