Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N97 FW 30: What would we like to see?

Counsellor
doctran

I hope they fixed the Music Player.  If you hit back, you end up in the homescreen instead of the playlist.

I hope they fix support for the notifications widget.  I'd like to see email and calendar support.

I hope they fix the ringtones.  A lot of times, you get the Nokia tone instead of the custom tone.

Counsellor
semnantanha

put visualizations for n97 on music player v30

Sage

Guys,

Till what will we stay without any official feedback about this would-be update?

NOKIA, any clues?!

Professor
froschy

Remove the stupid trial software from the firmware. I recently purchased JoikuSpot Premium and now I'm stuck with the trial version on the phone as well. It takes up the stupidly limited space on c: drive. Like the lack of RAM and slow processor, the limited c: drive was an unbelievably poor design decision. To this day I still can't believe that the engineers didn't realize that they had a problem with these choices. All I can think, is that the bean counters over ruled the engineers. At least I hope this is the explanation because if the engineers didn't pickup on these deficiencies in the design they shouldn't be designing phones.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Contributor
Smartydix

[ Edited ]

The phone should have more phone memory...some apps are using phone mem not the mass mem so more phone memory plz...if you can fix that with firmware
The silent profile is just not good inof, i mean every app can make sound when the profile is on, you should at least put that if you want an app to make sounds to ask user does he wont app to play sounds or not...
It would be nice to put settings for transitions and homescreen theme.
Better widget managment and multiple backgrounds if possible...
More sensor settings
And I don't get the videos and ''TV'' Where is TV..
Oh right... The phone should be more stable and it would be nice to include maps for all countries... I don't think anyone here has heard of Montenegro but people live there and you should make maps fop it even google has it...sorry for this I should talk about firmware...
Can you include something like theme maker...so we can set menu background and make our own icons and stuff by creating a theme...
There are couple of more things but i can live with those... :smileyhappy: Good luck!
EDIT: OH AND I FORGOT, PLEASE ENABLE FLASH PLAYER BECAUSE EVEY TIME OPEN SOME FLASH SITE IT SAYS YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER 9 PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT I KNOW YOU MADE FLASH FOR YOUTUBE BUT THE WEB ISN'T YOUTUBE YOU KNOW...

Counsellor
ibzterR

Hopefully just 5 days to go XD

Counsellor
mikemases

shouldnt they have mentioned it by now if it was less than a week away? Thoughts anyone? I'd love it if this is true!
Contributor
Smartydix

Hopefully just 4 days to go now xDD

Advisor

ibzterR wrote:

Hopefully just 5 days to go XD

Where do you get this info from?

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

usually nokia publishes new firmwares on the 1st day of the month

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Counsellor
Stuntman

I haven't seen firmware for my N97 for 6 months.  I found a firmware upgrade for it back in March, on the net and downloaded it.  Since then, nothing.  I'm still on V21.  Even V22 isn't available.  I'm not expecting anything this month either.

In any case, V21 has been pretty stable for me, so I'm not too worried about a lack of new firmware.  The only thing I really want fixed is the default ring tone that happens once every couple of weeks.  It won't kill me if there isn't a V30 this month.

<\
\>tuntman