Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 Mini Firmware Update t0 v2x.x.xxx ?

Counsellor
mostxwanted

Here you go..the claim on this is based on the post by skyee in this forum lol

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/Nokia-N97mini-to-Get-v20-0-016-Update-SOON-Original-N97-is-not-...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

[ Edited ]

There is a good news Nokia C6-00 and Nokia 5230 have got a software update recently and there are some major updates so this means that hopefully N97 mini is to follow...:smileyhappy:

Change log for the C6  update:
- Ovi map 3.06+
- Qt 4.07(3) + Qt mobility 1.01(3) + Qt webkit 4.07(3) inbuilt
- Speed improved 
- Emoticon input
- Ovi contact removed
- Music player with lyrics update

- Nokia Brower 7.3.1.25 - Extremely fast (tabbed browsing) same one from S^Anna

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mamounito

I think they really want us to wait, they were expecting an update for at least june and now they're talking about beginning of july . u_u ...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
holybone202

so whats the current version of the n97 mini nokia browser, nice to see the emoticons, shows some one has been taking note.. ovi contact may have been removed for ovi chat 2.5.

hope we get better updates in all

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
freak_l0ve

Still n0 news ab0ut the update .. I h0pe the next versi0n will have Symbian Anna ic0ns , camera impr0vements , and add m0re mem0ry ..

Nokia made me pr0ud !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

[ Edited ]

Still nothing...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tony90aa

I think they release the new firmware in few days... because we can't buy a 400 € phone and then find out that it have a lot of bugs and wait one years for an update. I hope that nokia will open your eyes and change its business strategy to get the first place in phone business like the past.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
holybone202

hey hope and pray the wait for the update is worth it with
better UI
new web browser
emoticon
better speed
freer memory on drive C
chat 2.5
camera update
anna icons
new start up screen
and a special gift improvement for keeping us this long
smiley laughing
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aswani09

FYI

Updates to Symbian 3.2 and 5.0

My Phones: Lumia 800 Mango
N97 Mini v30.0.004
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
freak_l0ve

Now Nokia ann0unced ph0nes that g0nna release a new update s0on ! Its including with a new Symbian Anna Web Br0wser 7.3 and new 0vi Maps ! Check this !

http://www.conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/

Nokia made me pr0ud !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

Yup Finally!! now its official that the N97mini will recieve an update...:smileyhappy:

But the N97 unfortunately is not in the listed s60v5 devices...

Please use plain text.
Wasay

Plzz nokia add a new a better social app like n8 on n97 mini !!:smileyhappy:

The old app really sucks !! :smileyindifferent: 

Please use plain text.
Wasay

And its 1st of July where is the UPDATE !! ??? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I truly hope they change more than they say. Because a new browser and new ovi maps? Ok i like Ovi Maps and maybe it can get a little bit better, but they are talking about new social **bleep** in there.

And a new browser? I am using Opera Mini for ages and it's pretty fast and effective.

But i see noting about the freezedowns and slow handling and more freezedowns and how often you have to put the damn thing on and off and how many times you have to reboot.

I really hope that they took that for granted and only showing us things that they would expect us to like.

But enough about the negatism, lets just wait and see... snd wait... and wait again...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

ok, nokia has announced incoming firmware, thiat's good. but more interesting is what will be inside the new FW,

guys do you have same problem with incomng calls? - when somebody is calling I don't have any ntifications (like: vibration, riniging) just the sceen is highlighted and on the top of the screen is flashing icone, and i can't pick up the call..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
farlac

g0rsky wrote:

guys do you have same problem with incomng calls? - when somebody is calling I don't have any ntifications (like: vibration, riniging) just the sceen is highlighted and on the top of the screen is flashing icone, and i can't pick up the call..

I have same problem. Restart the Phone.

Please use plain text.
Wasay

Where Is THe Update ??? Its 2nd Of july ????????? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Update to SW 30.0.004 is available now for the vanilla variants with Nokia Software Updater / Ovi Suite. FOTA should follow soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alexislavie

[ Edited ]

Thank you laitos for this helpful information.

Is there somebody of this discussion that could send us a screenshot of what laitos told us?

Also, laitos could you tell us what does this update bring to the Nokia N97 mini?

We know the coming improvements of all s60v5 softwares but not precisely all the improvements for the v30.xx.xxx on N97 mini.

Nokia N97 mini (v12.0.110)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alexislavie

[ Edited ]

Confirmed.

The Nokia N97 mini (RM-553)...

The software version is 30.2.4.

An update may be available this week for the RM-555.

Sorry, I can't send a screenshot, Nokia doesn't approve the use of other software.

Moderator note:
This post has been edited to removed references to a product or service used in procedures which may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device, and which may not therefore be discussed on this forum.

Nokia N97 mini (v12.0.110)
Please use plain text.