Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 Mini Firmware Update t0 v2x.x.xxx ?

Advisor

Now the Nokia Software Updater says: Unplanned Service Break, so maybe that means they are putting things on there. Lets hope it will be there by night...

Please use plain text.
jayz473

i had updated my phone in the past through nokia software updater to v12.2.110 and when i try now to update to this new firmware it says no updates available......   :smileysad: need help please

my n97 mini

v12.2.110

rm 553

product code 0591930

Please use plain text.
peri1

No update available also for 0593894 - Polish, not branded by any operator... :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

I think Nokia has temporarily rolled back the updates due to some issues they will hopefully relaunch them soon...

But in any case if u are facing any errors i suggest u hard reset ur phone and search for updates and try again...

Try the following methods in order given and see which works for you: 

1.Nokia Software Updater

2.Ovi Suite 

3.OTA update

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

Ok its confirmed by Nokia Beta Labs via a tweet that Ovi Suite is having problems in updating the firmware so please use Nokia Softeare Updater or Over the air update or else your phone will be dead..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
manojagrawal

**bleep**!!! FW upgrade screwed my phone!!! Ovi suite said that it is not able to connect to my phone and I need to disconnect and connect again!!

I did it, and now my phone is not booting. I tried hard reset (shift, space, back, power) as well but it vibrates once and does nothing else. Please help!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mostxwanted

@manojagrawal

Ok i can help you but  youl need to PM me some details and the method is not appropriate to discuss on Nokia Public forums 

Please use plain text.
Serge_H

Yes, downloaded and installed yesterday. It went dead as well, but it's alive again after a hard reset.

One small issue though: I can't seem to turn off the keytones (the little beeps every time you touch an item on the screen). I switched it off in Profiles, but it's still there...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manojagrawal

Someone please help!! Is my phone dead now? Can it not be recovered?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is there anyone in the Netherlands who has found the update? Still checking every hour at every possible way but nothing. Is it maybe because there are people with bugs and Nokia wants to get them out first?

Please help...

Please use plain text.
Serge_H

@Spirit33

Yes, I live in the Netherlands and installed it on Monday.
Then my phone died and I had to use the Hard Reset method.

After I got it working again, I checked again in Ovi Suite and the latest firmware also showed up there.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

He Serge,

Thx for the response. I have Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.0.91 and I check every hour and still nothing. Just checked right now.

Do you think it could work to do a hard reset or a factory reset and then check again?

And do you see the new update also on the site of Nokia or with a Software Updater?

Thx

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Very annoying but still nothing. I tried a factory reset and after that a hard reset.

How come some people see the update and some don't? Can anyone who has the update please tell me which Nokia Ovi Suite nr. they have and look where you can see the new update. Is it just on Nokia Software Updater or also on Nokia Ovi Suite or even on the Nokia site.

Please some more details, thx.

I contacted Nokia for this matter but have to wait for answers.

(ohw and I just want to get rid of my 13th post as soon as possible so please help!)

Please use plain text.
Ssstylish

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.After trying to update my n97 mini i had the "joy" to have the error "Phone start-up failed Contact the retailer".Well please tell me is my phone junk now?I tryed to Hard reset it but still nothing !!! Is there a way to solve the problem ?And now it doesn`t even recognise my usb !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
holybone202

@Ssstylish your phone isnt dead, try this

remove the battry from the phone for 5mins then put it back and do the hard reset. let the power button be the last you will press. do not remove your hands from the phone until the phone powers up or vibrates. make sure the battry isnt dead too. ok give me the kudo's if it works

goodluck 

Please use plain text.
jayz473

checked ovi suite, nokia software updater and FOTA and still says no updates available..... why?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aswani09

@Spirit33

The latest version of Ovi Suite is v3.1.1.75. You can download it from http://www.nokia.com/ovisuite

Also I found this thought it might be helpful for you: http://www.symbiantweet.com/essential-steps-to-avoid-device-failure-during-firmware-update

Hope it works out.

My Phones: Lumia 800 Mango
N97 Mini v30.0.004
Please use plain text.
Advisor

@Aswani09

thx for the response. The article you send in might be helpful if i find the update, but still no luck. Yesterday i found the latest ovi suite, the one you mention, but still it shows no new update, only the old 12. update. But it's so strange that some people in the Netherlands can download it and some don't. If anyone has a tip i would be grateful.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

@Spirit

..daca esti din Romania eu am telefonul de la Vodafone dar nu este codat in retea...am facut upgrade ok chiar in ziua aparitiei softului cu ovi suite. Updateul era disponibil si OTA.
Dar firmware are buguri...daca il ai in limba romana si intri la About (Despre) in Meniu nu deschide nimic.

Sorry bad english
Please use plain text.
Contributor
reyalzz

is omdat de updates in waves worden vrijgegeven. het hangt dan van de productcode af wanneer je update beschikbaar is. voor mijn 0596843 is de update ook nog niet beschikbaar (hoewel het een Nederlandse versie zonder provider-troepen simlock is). kwestie van afwachten.

the updated firmware is released in waves. it all depends on the productcode of your phone when you are able to update. mine is 0596843 and is still not available. so just wait for it to be released.

Please use plain text.