Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 - Waiting LIST !

Registered Member

Yes,

I'm also waiting for the new 2.1 firmware release from the morning!!! 

Nokia, please give us an update!!

Arie

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ok, so it's Jan 28, 2010.  We have all waited patiently. Can a Nokia rep PLEASE just pop in here and tell us if we are all just waiting around for nothing? Cmon give us something.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I Waiting

http://www.petitiononline.com/NokiaN97/
DiegoN97

N97 Worst Phone
http://n97worstphone.blogspot.com

N97 - Give me another phone Nokia
http://www.petitiononline.com/NokiaN97/petition.html
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The same here, still waiting for the new firmware. 

It seems that other phones from nokia (eg, 5800), receive more attention, than their "flagship".

Please use plain text.
Advisor

+1

Also waiting and not installing Ovi Maps 3.03 because for some reason my C: has decreased from 45MB to 36MB free over last seven days without me installing anything to any drive. I do have Nokia Messaging pointing at the C: still but theis is a much faster decretion than in the previous 14days  and seemd to jump after a whole buch of new msgs/resync'd messages appeared as a result of Nokia Messaging refreshing servers prior to upgrade so I wonder if got some detritus around or possibly even residual messaging upgrade anyway seem to have lost 5-6MB in couple of days somewhere which think would reappear after reset which I'm reluctant to do before having to do it again following firmware update. Would also really like to have Ovi Maps, Messaging, IMchat?  bug ifxes etc all rolled into one update for C: efficency as I would really like to carry on saving messages on C: not E: (or a fix for this resetting itself after back up, sync to pc etc.) and really don't want to be nannying C: any more than I am with 36MB fee - how ridiculous is this?

So waiting on v2.1, c'mmonn where are you?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sure would be nice to have kinetic scrolling right now.........
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Whats that other phone that actualy originally comes with kinetic scrolling and a solid operating system? An I____ ........I something?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

[ Edited ]

C'mon guys let's all be patient.

The rumours are that v2.1 is being more heavily tested then previous firmware releases and that several builds have been rejected - thanks Psychomania.

What do we want here? Nokia to rush out another release that is buggy because of a lack of thorough testing or a quality firmware release that makes our N97's great.

Personally I'll wait so please let's stop whining and give Nokia a chance to get this one right.

Message Edited by rider5512 on 28-Jan-2010 05:00 PM
Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@rider5512.......to RUSH ?? Please spare me !! We have patients and time.....But when you play with someone's money and judgment...It is totally wrong.

Any NOKIA employee can log in and keep us informed. WE did not suggest a day...THEY DID.

C'mon rider5512, be patient and join the CAUSE.

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
NOKIA - no more LEMON N97.!! ( Android) is Plan for JAN2011
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hiero

@rider5512

Your correct on some points..

But were paying customers here and we bought there product with a high price tag.. People now are demanding due to too much waiting and buggy FW.. Just a lttle more patience maybe a couple of days NOT MONTHS...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm with ecoN97 why can't a nokia rep just check in here and give us an update at least?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

LONG OVERDUE !!!!!!!!!

I wanted to "SHOW OFF"  my N97 when it was new but too embarsed to show it in front of other make touch phones

and not any good apps either.   Maps is the only good app.

I hate the Nokia ring tone  GO AWAY   it still keeps coming back.

Its long over due a Full FIX and desent apps.  I could have bought a decent laptop for the same price as this phone, At least Microsoft fix bugs and don't store them up.   Why can't Nokia have a patch system and fix things fast.

"I loved my N95"  but I "put up with" my N97    wish i bought a iPhone or Android   way more and beter apps smoother touch exspereince.   

Nokia  STOP N900  till you fix N97  you owe it to your customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
teece

Have you checked out Nokia’s Q4 2009 results.......listen guys Nokia grew their market share (even in the smartphone market) and their operating profit increased 132%.

We are deluded if we think that Nokia are going to loose a lot of sleep over the N97 Classic. We have to face reality Nokia have moved on and N97 firmware updates will not carry any priority compared to the new Nokia flagship devices. 

We can only vote with our money next time and be wary about buying any new flagship products that would have such a short shelf life. 

The N97 firmware updates will come eventually (may be even tonight) but in Nokia time frames not ours.

We have already been mislead about the capability of the N97 by Nokia marketing machine, so don’t get sucked in wasting time you’ll never get back listening to semi-official firmware release dates from spurious Nokia employees (not worth the electronic bandwidth). 

The upgrades will arrive when Nokia deem them ready, whether that means breaking publicity announce dates or not.

My view when it comes it comes, and even then when it does I have the whole branding issue of Vodacrap to deal with.

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@ rider5512 - I can't speak for the other posters but as for myself I'm just asking that Nokia provide us (their paying customers) with information on the status of the firmware update. If it's been delayed then Nokia should let us know.

As for rushing out another firmware update, all I can say is that Nokia should be dedicating lots of resources to getting this phone up to scratch. I've had mine since June 2009 and I still wouldn't call it a reliable phone, v20 made it a bit better but even after a hard reset, format of the mass memory, firmware update, and installation of most apps to the mass memory it's still slow, restarts occasionally, sometimes refuses to make phone calls, has problems with the widget UI, etc..., etc..., etc...

It makes me laugh when Nokia fanboys have a go at the iPhone, it works unlike the buggy, under powered N97.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

[ Edited ]

Listen guys.... I agree with some of your comments. I'm not supporting Nokia here, I think Nokia should keep us informed as to what is going on, when things are due and reasons for the delay when things fall overdue.

All I'm saying above is that experience has told me not to get excited, upset, angry, etc when things don't happen with Nokia when we expect them... been here before!!!

I will repeat though that I'd much prefer v2.1 to be a good firmware update rather than an early one. We are all owed that.

Message Edited by rider5512 on 28-Jan-2010 08:10 PM
Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Rushing? My phone is over 7 months old. It was first "leaked" 13 months ago. Nokia is the largest "phone maker" in the world. What planet do you live on? I don't need to be "informed". I need something to show for my $600. At this point, I think they're just waiting for us to just fade away. There's enough "new consumers" in this highly over populated world to make up for being one of "The Betas". China and India await.......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Gotta be on the waitinglist. Guess we got biiiped from behind again:smileyhappy: 

I think it's ok to wait longer if Nokia makes a good fw. What's not ok is that we get fwupdates that does not work as good as it should have compared to the time they have used on building them.

The longer Nokia works on the fw, the better it has to be.

What's really worrying me, is that the N97 is underpowered on what comes to hardware. I don't really think we will get a device that works perfect on multitasking and has no lags and freezes.

TIME will show...

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Advisor

@rider5521

Don't forget that many users here still have old v12 firmware.

I can agree that it's better to wait for 100% (OK, maybe like usually only 90%) good new firmware, that it's better if they will work couple days more to fix all bugs. But how will you explain that we are waiting since couple months for v20 without any information WHY we can't update? WHEN will we have update?

I know that v20 also have bugs, so maybe we are very special customers, with very special Product Codes, and Nokia has decided that  we will become 100% bugs-free firmware, it doesn't matter that it will be v90, and we will wait for it couple years, we are "special". 

I hoped, that new v21 will be available also for me, that I will finally update my firmware, that I will finally install free Maps.

Nokia N97
PC 0586701 RM-505 FW v 12.0.026
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Do you have a branded phone?

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I thank everyone that has logged in and expressed their point of view.

I'm with NOKIA, but I don't want to be handle like a left over plate of a third world country.

they also have a good opportunity here to let us ( the LOYAL customer) that they need a week or a month ect..ect.

They also know that the N97 is not performing the way it should ,for a smartphone or better yet...THEIR so called FLAGSHIP.

But to tell us that they will deliver world wide update and not produce....Then something is going wrong with this company.

I hope someone take charge of the situation and LET EVERYONE here on this forum know what's the deal is.

Thank you, Danke, Gracias, Merci. Bedankt

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
NOKIA - no more LEMON N97.!! ( Android) is Plan for JAN2011
Please use plain text.