Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 - Waiting LIST !

Advisor

Me? My phone is unbranded.
Nokia N97
PC 0586701 RM-505 FW v 12.0.026
Please use plain text.
Contributor

While you guys wait for 2.1 Im on Vodafone in the UK and still waiting for 2.0.  Ive emailed Vodafone and never get a response.  Anyway, Ive had the white screen of death 3 times this week, its a bloody disgrace. I dare not show my N97 off to iphone users in case it hangs.

Ive had the N95 (currnetly back on it as the 97 is dead) and the N96 (son now uses that after sending that back 3 times!!!)

I cant see me ever getting another Nokia after having been with them since a 6110.

My E90 never crashed once, my 7650 was stunning. 

Ovi store is just total pants, how they dare to advertise that on telly is beyond me.

Downloading 2 apps from the Ovi store caused it to crash!  Can you imagine if the iphone was this unstable?

IF it worked, the N97 would be a world beater, nothing could touch it as I love to play spotify through the car stareo while using maps but its just so unreliable.

So, NOKIA, wake up.  We can always start a Facebook viral campaign to make you take notice.

Harry, totally **bleep** off

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Well, this is the famous act of Nokia. - The concept of Nokiasilence. There should be an official spokesman on this forum, giving us news in a newsthread about fwupdates on at least N-series devices!

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@fender77......I'm 100% with you on that.......someone needs to step up to the plate and take charge of the situation.

as you can see on my signature....I'm still on a old version and I'm not able to update!!

So, please NOKIA, wake up an smell the coffee beans that WE, THE LOYAL CUSTOMER have prepare for you.

Kiitos = Thank you in finnish :smileyhappy: !!

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
NOKIA - no more LEMON N97.!! ( Android) is Plan for JAN2011
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

I don't know how many customers who uses the "contact us" link when the get issues with their n97. If the majority of the customers uses the contact link, - I guess we won't get it. If everyone who had any bug or issue with their device postet on the discussionsites, I think Nokia would do something - if there was a lot complains of course. As it is now, We don't really know how many users who have problems with their n97, and Nokia can say that we are just a needle in the haystack.

If I made a thread on N97 issues, and there were 10 000 posts from 10 000 different users in the first week, I would think that we stood stronger. As for now, Nokia decides.

I would love a little more information, and I can't imagine it would hurt Nokia in any way if they gave us some hints of whats going on. Information that was reliable, 100%.

I cannot use my N97 like it was ment to be used. - It works ok on basic things, but I could have bought something half the prize for the basic tasks.

I will still be patient because I have an Iphone 3gs which does everything the n97 won't do. A proper fwupdate, and i could use it for work...

Message Edited by Fender77 on 28-Jan-2010 10:52 PM
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

************DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRMEWARE UPDATE! ************

i did and now my N97 is buggered

touchscreen now not working at all

even if you go through the silver button to messaging or any other app and all you get is a black screen

NOKIA? brilliant - i don't think

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am still waiting for the V20 firmware also, for some reason it isnt available for my product code, lovely isnt it?

Anybody find anything yet?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

For those of you still waiting for v2 firmware then I agree with you 100%.

I think that it is disgraceful for either operators or Nokia or both have not got their acts together to make this firmware available to you.

I know some operators are appalling at approving/releasing firmware but after this length of time and problems with earlier firmwares then it is inexcusable.

I hope that v2.1 will be available to all within the near future.

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@jabba11a....Thank you for stopping by...the update is not on the server yet.

@captainofiron.....thank you.....we are also waiting......

@rider5512.....I hope NOKIA is reading this and I hope that WE continue to UNITE and to let them know that is this to WAKE UP!!

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
digitalcorporal

Ah dam, i logged in expecting to read reviews on the firmware update..... nokia whats the hold up?
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

Maybe they found more bugs in the firmware and they are taking it back to test it again. Or they are working on something else and they've moved on. Or its a surprise
n97.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

So few of you guys got it wrong... It's not nokia fault if your phone company didn't validate the firmware... too lazy maybe

I'm quite sure if it was a nokia decision, all phones would be without product codes... would be much easier for them...

So if you phone is not v2.0 yet you have three choices:

- OFFICIAL ONE: bring ur phone to a Nokia Care (directly or send it) they will update it for free (no changes to the product code will be done... so same problem with next firmware)

- OFFICIAL ONE: bring ur phone to a Nokia Care (directly or send it) theycan also change your product code (but u will be charged normally, in france it's 29 euros)

- UNOFFICIAL WAY: Use NSS and change the product code (carefull put the right one or you will be in troubles... and this can stop the warranty of the phone if they find out... up to the shop)

So now you can decide... but don't bug them for things they can't handle... all i want is some "OFFICIAL NEWS" about this firmware... it's annoying this lack of info, we are customers we deserve a bit of respect, you can't just ignore us and stay silent

N97 Black - RM-505 - v20.0.019 - SFR France - Illimytics 3G+ 1h
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rkliew

I dumped my iPhone 3G and got myself the N97.

Guess what! I got dumped by NOKIA!!!

N8-00 Silver > P/Code: 059D1G4 > FW: 011.012
N97-RM505 (traded in)
N95-8GB (back-up phone with another Telco)
iPhone 4 (used only for web surfing)
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

HAHA owned!! karma! Jokes, U should of kept the iphone 3g!!!!!
n97.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arucard

I hope it will be release today!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guys it's annoying to wait... but would be worst if they release a bugged firmware...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

scoony wrote:

So few of you guys got it wrong... It's not nokia fault if your phone company didn't validate the firmware... too lazy maybe

I'm quite sure if it was a nokia decision, all phones would be without product codes... would be much easier for them...

So if you phone is not v2.0 yet you have three choices:

- OFFICIAL ONE: bring ur phone to a Nokia Care (directly or send it) they will update it for free (no changes to the product code will be done... so same problem with next firmware)

- OFFICIAL ONE: bring ur phone to a Nokia Care (directly or send it) theycan also change your product code (but u will be charged normally, in france it's 29 euros)

- UNOFFICIAL WAY: Use NSS and change the product code (carefull put the right one or you will be in troubles... and this can stop the warranty of the phone if they find out... up to the shop)

So now you can decide... but don't bug them for things they can't handle... all i want is some "OFFICIAL NEWS" about this firmware... it's annoying this lack of info, we are customers we deserve a bit of respect, you can't just ignore us and stay silent

My N97 is unbranded, as I know ecoN97 also have unbranded phone bought by Nokia Shop.

I know that branded phones are updated by Phone Company, and it takes more time, but UNBRANDED phones are updated by Nokia, and they didn't do it!! It's not mine, it's not Phone Company, it's NOKIA'S FAULT that I still have v12.

I know that I can change PC by NSS, but this way I will lose ma warranty, and by known problems with N97 (lens scratches, GPS, and many more) it's not the best idea.

Changing PC by Nokia Care... If they can change PC why can't they simply make v20 available also for me??

As I wrote in other treat, next Nokia Care is 60km from my city. If I will have any problems with soft or hardware I will go there, but... it's Nokia's fault that I have no update, so why should I spend time and money to go to Nokia Care if other N97 users have it for free and can do update at home?

I have PC with warranty, if I will have problem with it, service will come to my place to fix it, or take my PC with, and bring it back when it's fixed. Maybe if someone from Nokia Care will come to me to change PC (all he needs is notebook with some Nokia software) it will be OK :smileywink:

Message Edited by Yola on 29-Jan-2010 09:42 AM
Nokia N97
PC 0586701 RM-505 FW v 12.0.026
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@scoony.....We are waiting not just for an UPDATE, we are also giving NOKIA a chance to confront the situation and to be LOYAL to their customers and keep US informed.

How hard can this be??

Please use plain text.
Advisor

@yola

If i was u i would call the Nokia Care to have my  product code changed for free...

And for the rest i fully agree the lack of communication is annoying...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

The wait will soon be over.

Monday 1st February 08:00 GMT

See thread /discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&thread.id=67873&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Rider5512
Please use plain text.