Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 firmware upgrade

Counsellor

N97 firmware upgrade

Hi All;

My firmware version for the N97 is 12.0.024 and I need to upgrade for the latest one, from where I can get the upgrade to be 20.0.019?

From the other side, which firmware support VoIP (SIP settings and the IP Tel), because to be able to use the SIP service I have to have the settings part and the dialer.

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: N97 firmware upgrade

The latest fw is v21. If there is an update available for your productcode, you should use nokia software updater to downloade it.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i tried from my mobile, but it says there is no update. How can get it?

regards

Bilal

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

check your product code

To find what the latest available device software is, you’ll need your device’s product code. The code is printed on the white label beneath the battery (e.g. CODE: 05XXXXX).

and the link is :

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Like i said, if there's an update available for your device, you can use the program: Nokia software updater (NSU) to downloade and install it. Follow Zoro06 tip and you will see if there is an update avail. for your device.

If you're running Windows 7 you should go for NSU from betalabs. Are you running vista or xp you can downloade nsu from here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update#

When I got v12, the "productcodechecker" said there was not an update for me, but NSU told me there was. I guess Nokia were a little late on updating the info.

Message Edited by Fender77 on 03-Feb-2010 10:29 PM
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: N97 and E75 firmware upgrade

OK I resolved my N97 problem and upgraded it and I downloaded the needed SIP Settings file so it is working now.

My problem now with the E75, I tried to upgraded and the latest version now I have is 202.12.01 but I do not know if this version support VoIP or not?

From the below link, I see that it should be 100.48.78 and VoIP should be Rel 3.1, but I do not know from where to get 3.1 VoIP?

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technology_Topics/Mobile_Technologies/VoIP/Nokia_VoIP_Framework/VoIP_supp...

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Please use plain text.