Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 fw update 2.1

Counsellor

It looks like new firmware is comming

v21.0.102

http://www.a2phone.com/component/option,com_phocadownload/Itemid,15/id,115/view,category/

Does anybody has info about it ?

Lumia 920 OS version: 8.0.10521.155
FW revision number: 3047.0000.1326.2002
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

I'm a "NAM" so there wasn't much anything new for me,even on the NAM page. It's good that we're starting to look for (and find) stuff about new firmware. We've ALL done our bitchin' about our BetaBaby. Time to get one last shot at functional firmware. I suspect I'm not the only one with an "escape plan" in the near future. June 22 and counting....... 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Froschy,

Thanks for your helpful hints and tips, which remarkably work really well.

The only problem I found, after following your advice, was that when someone calls me, it goes straight through to voicemail. The handset doesn't ring :-(

As an aside, I have also found that if one were to hold the phone in a horizontal orientation, and then move down about 2.5 - 3ft from ones waist, and the rest the phone, it can be used quite admirably as a door stop. Brilliant, I didn't realize it could be used for that as well....

;-)

Cheers

N97MINI from 150310, after the N97 (number3) drove me mad!! Prev handset N82, 6230i, N80, 6600, 6310, 5110, 3210, 6300, and others :-)

kevinx_98 on Skype
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@ kevinx1 - lolz, so we know that the device doesn't work very well as a smartphone (or even phone), music player, camera, navigation device, etc...

perhaps we should make a list of things that it can be used for starting with:

doorstop

paperweight

skimming rock

drink coaster

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

LOL , so i think that i may hear from both of  you very soon that we can use it as a lighter :smileyvery-happy:

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

So, no one has any news on new firmware? I've got less than 3 months to go. How about you guys? Escape plan, time left?

Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

timmyjo wrote:

So, no one has any news on new firmware? I've got less than 3 months to go. How about you guys? Escape plan, time left?

Price slashed to £399 this is the price the phone shoulda shipped with. 

Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi all, just now I went to Software Update in my N97 and discover that there is a new update of Phone Software (under critical) that is abt 4.3Mb and version 21.0.102. It can also be found in the Device Update (firmware). I view the Detail and it say only improve ur phone performance.

I have updated it and so far below is my findings:

1. Alphanumerical keypad is better and will not skip while keying in text message.
2. I don't know is it all along that the theme effect is like transition effect while sliding off the homescreen icons. I use Nseries 2 theme and on the transition effect for the first time. I tried to slide off homescreen and is like transition effect and other than that. No more.
3. Phone response is faster.
4. Ovi Map 3.03 is installed and your memory is still the same. No decreasing of C:\ or D:\ drives.
5. Battery life (To be confirmed)
6. Overall stability (To be confirmed)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

gdspd8

What is your Product code?    I have Generic EU (Which is normaly first to get update)  and their was no update for me  you sure what you have is not just a custom version for your network ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi, mine is custom version which ends with C01.01. So the version is v21.0.102.C01.01

I have updated it via the Device Update (FOTA) in my N97.

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

Good N97 Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpEuMidcSU&feature=player_embedded

Good Read:

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/03/31/shame-on-you-nokia-n97-promo-video-vs-real-life-performance.htm...

Thanks Nokia !

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Anybody heard anything about the X6 16gb? They can be had on Ebay for less than $400 new.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Well, one of the more experienced users on these boards have stated it to be quite a good device, and well functional. It might be worth a look if youre planning to get rid of the n97.

I am blessed with an Iphone atm and will stick with the n97 for work until Nokia releases something that have 1 ghz cpu with graphics - and 512 mb ram - at least 512 mb with nand memory - and in the same formfactor concept as the n97/n900/E75... - With symbian. So i am wondering when I will get my dreamdevice:smileytongue:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Anybody heard of a "Nokia N8"? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

yes, nokia confirmed it without no details

just 12 mega pixel camera, symbian^3

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Any release dates (rumors, guesses, etc.)?

Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

MOST importantly, will it have a decent amount of RAM?!?!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Is it confirmed by Nokia? Where? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I read an article about this on a norwegian cellphonesite today about it, but the article contained a picture of something looking like a fake china Nokia (wannabe a nexus 1 phone)....

Just curious...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

GSMArena said that nokia confirmed it yesterday to be the 1st symbian^3 device

Please use plain text.