Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 fw update 2.1

N97 fw update 2.1

When Nokia really relase the new firmware 2.1 for n97?Nokia promised the exit for the date of 28 january,will bw so?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ynsiwy

Re: N97 fw update 2.1

Today is 27, Nokia does't give the date of release FW, we must wait ;]
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Yes but has iussed a statement in which he said that the day january 28 will issue the version of ovi maps 3.03 compatible with N97 that can be installed only after the firmware update for N97 will be relased...So i assume that is in check in the 2.1 FW!

Message Edited by Andre86dj on 27-Jan-2010 02:45 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

The announcement about maps 3.03 for the N97 stated that this will be available from 28th january after a firmware update.

Be aware that this firmware might not be the anticipated v2.1 but a later v2.0 release which includes maps 3.03 rather than 3.01.

Also be aware that this will probably only be available initially for generic non-branded products and not country specific and as usual with operator branded phones the operators will presumably have to test and accept this new firmware before it is released.

I hope I'm wrong but just making assumptions based on usual practice but it's a good idea not to get up tomorrow expecting all sorts of wonders.

So, don't get excited just yet!!!

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Who knows, but I am still excited about tomorrow. It would be nice if Nokia could do something magic with the n97:smileyhappy:
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage

I really hope so. Let's wait these couple of hours. Who knows????
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am totally confused now. I tried Nokia Maps Updater and .... it update the maps on version 3.03 !!! Firmware is still the same ... v20.... Anybody try it ????
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imlite

brada wrote:
I am totally confused now. I tried Nokia Maps Updater and .... it update the maps on version 3.03 !!! Firmware is still the same ... v20.... Anybody try it ????

Yes the new free maps 3.03 is now available for the N97.

It may be that the 2.1 update has again been delayed. We will have to wait until the 28th January to see if a 2.1 update is available.

Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

SO where is 2.1
n97.
Please use plain text.

no, today is Jan 28th and the new firmware is not available.... I'm confused. Nokia promised firmware 2 to be available on last october... does anyone know when is nokia planning to release it?
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

It's not even 5:00 am in Finlandia. I'm giving them until the end of the day before bashing them AGAIN.
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

[ Edited ]

Ah LOL!!

But when they released the firmware V20 I got it straight away in Australia

please please

please please

please please

please please  frkn hurry up...

Message Edited by St3ph3n on 28-Jan-2010 04:43 PM
n97.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

Hey guys.... keep calm!!

Shortly after my earlier post in this thread I discovered maps 3.03 was available for the N97 as you all know by now.

The original announcement said that maps 3.03 would be available after a firmware update supposedly available today so I'm now left with the suspicion that the firmware update may be delayed.

So.... as I said earlier.... don't get too excited just yet.

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Advisor

They've delayed the update why i am not surpised

Nokia N8 (dark grey),
PR2.0
install server hack , Mod pack V5.00.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I too have checked nokia europe website "can i update"  feaature  put in my product code (which is non branded geneic uk)  

I also tried SW-UPDAT   (Free Over The Air)   on the phone 

AND NO UPDATE   "YET"!!!!!

However  on the FOTA  update it says Maps 3.3  is available an "Important" update

I tried to install  but it FAILS  with no explination why  (I have 37MB free space on c: )

Anyone else tried the  MAPS 3.3  update using FOTA  ?

2.0.19 firmware helped a lot but still many bugs which i hope 2.1  will fix / improve

Come on Nokia  "Customer Satisfaction" is key  and i don't know any fully satisfied N97 owners

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Like always,

Still waiting for the v21! god knws when wud it be available

Its already 28th Jan! 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imlite

pressure wrote:

...AND NO UPDATE   "YET"!!!!!

However  on the FOTA  update it says Maps 3.3  is available an "Important" update

I tried to install  but it FAILS  with no explination why  (I have 37MB free space on c: )

Anyone else tried the  MAPS 3.3  update using FOTA  ?...

Had a similar problem. Uninstalled all unnecessary apps from C, and previously installed maps 3.03 for the N97 mini.

This gave me 50Mb's on C. Installed Maps 3.03 for N97 - using wifi - all installed OK. I did have to reinstall voice files for walk, agan over wifi.

This N97 specific maps 3.03 uses a little less C drive space than the previous N97 mini install - about 12 to 14Mbs.

As for the v2.1 update - no sign of it yet - but maybe it was the memory reorganizer that Nokia admin were refering to?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The admin made the firmware update pretty clear!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The Ovi Map was installing fine for me but still waiting for the v2.1 firmware!!!!
Please use plain text.

can anyone tel us when 2.1 well be released ?
Please use plain text.