Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor
llaguna

[ Edited ]

IS* this a FINAL Statement from NOKIA? RIP N97?

Please use plain text.
bloo44

[ Edited ]

i remember seeing the n97 advertisment on youtube and the n97 there has theme effects that our n97 doesn't have. can we sue nokia for this? being false advertisment and all, making us believe that our n97 has theme effects like the one in the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O2Li74EYew

Please use plain text.
Contributor

@bloo44
You might have missed this video on Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpEuMidcSU
Please use plain text.
bloo44

its true what they say about the n97. i cant believe i got excited over this one. im one of the people who bought the phone right after it was released and from what i can say its not even worth the price. so...false advertisment. i think its ok if we sue them for that.

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

Hey nokia I want you to republished this page:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/messaging/messaging--chat/how-to-use-chat
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

Hey guys listen to me.all of you right but 5800 just same as n97.why 5800 has v50.x.x.x.x.x and we havent any new fw.ours n97 most expensive than 5800.why??????
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

I forget to say c6 just new copy of n97 plus 5800 button.why c6 has new music player and web browser and fw v40......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

WE want NEW software !!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ronald244

You guys should have replaced The N97 with the Mini when you had the chance. I did 6 months ago, gave my old N97 for a 1 month old Mini that is just like new. The guy thought it was a good deal for him, because actually the classic was worth more back than.

But the mini is much better, it's smaller,lighter and much more comfortable to handle. It has only 8GB but we all know that the classic doesn't really have 32GB, after you put like 15 the device starts to collapse. And you can get a micro SD card anyway...

The most important thing- the mini has double NAND memory, 512 mb instead of 256 (now I have 245mb free on c) and with that it just performs better.

The new FW is nice although the battery life is shorter... maybe they will have another small fix for that. But again, overall the device is plain simple, better.

Try replacing your classic with a mini if you still can.

Please use plain text.
bloo44

@ronald 244 i "used" to like my n97. if i can replace my n97 i'm betting my life that its going to be a different brand. i also had that idea of replacing it for the mini when it was just a couple of weeks old but then i realized it would just be a good storage memory (althogh what you said is true that it doesn't really have usable 32gb). i'm just going to wait for a real phone that satisfy my needs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ronald244

[ Edited ]

Yeah I hate nokia too, but if you are able to replace the classic for a Mini without any extra costs, you should do it. That way you'll pass the next few month(till you get your new phone) with the Mini, which is ,let's say, a more decent phone. Using a flagship device as a storage... That's really sad(for Nokia of course).

But anyways, I don't think it's possible anymore, here in Israel people are trying to get rid of their N97's for 40-50 Euros, but no one is willing to pay a cent for that piece of ****, and surely no one will replace a mini for it(there is still a demand for the mini).

I too plan to buy a phone from a different brand, but I really want a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard, and there are no phones that are worthy enough nowadays. I'll just wait.

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

O.k guys.Now flash my phone and I now checking for updates of software by ovi suite but it show nothing.maybe........
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

No **bleep**..any news...seems nokia's sever had a problem and now no new fw ...
Nokia we dont want new features we want fixing all bugsssssssssss
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

ANNA update for N8 , E7 & C6 !

For our N97 owners , A big FINGER!!!  :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pepsy89

[ Edited ]

I got n97 mini , im from romania , the last firmware i have instaled is v12 :smileyindifferent:...

i cant find enywhere the v30 , nokia update software says my phone has the lastest software ...

this is ****

if enyone can help me please reply here : 

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-N97-Mini-Update/td-p/1119269

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

peess off
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

Im sure n97 my last nokia phone.they cant hear us to solve the bugs.apple dont live iphones owner.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Im agree with u

JUST apple 5G:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

but for now........4G is better than nothing... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sakirimren

hey, don't you think you have to publish a new fw with new browser? and less bugs?

memory problem on C can be solved by moving big app's (like maps, quickoffice etc..) to mass storage? also completely removing silly, useless apps like joikuspot, boingo, qik, vlingo, etc.

you panish you customers that paid more and reward that paid less. this makes no sense! this is meaningless!

we want new FW for N97!

Please use plain text.