Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor
llaguna

i dout that any N97 owner would buy those new lumias phones...

after spending a monthpay 699.90€ on a brick.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
babylongreece

I don't like lumia because it use window mobile os.Window os also didn't got proper multitasking and folder system like symbianThis the plus point why i like symbian,Strange symbian can multitask like computer window which minimize the app but when come to window mobile itself,they fail miserably 

Please use plain text.
domco50

N97 32GB BLACK/WHITE new firmware 30.0.xxx

Real for yrear 2011 or no ?
or 2012 ?
I would be very happy some messages from the developers . .

I really already thinking about purchasing some android

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
llaguna

hey guys my N97 came today from nokia care center for the 4th time! and guess what?........... ....... .......
ITS EXACLY THE SAME!

exact same problems as before and nokia says that made all repairing and it worked fine.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Since a few days I own an iPhone 4S. Its a relief to see how easy everything works. Yesterday I installed a navigation system which doesn't need an internet connection. So even therefore I don't need my N97 anymore. Bye Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
babylongreece

hey LORIOT,iphone 4S is the latest phone and n97 technology is more than 2 years old so it's not fair to compare this two phone,try to compare with other phone the same year make and n97 is over edge

Please use plain text.
Advisor
babylongreece

loriot ,why don't you sell me your n97 if you don't need it anymore.Send me the price in message in my profile
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It's not because the N97 is 2 years old and the 4S a few months.

Please read the thread from the beginning (and other threads).

The N97 promised a lot but couldn't make it true.

Just let me mention two things: 1. the fysical keyboard: it's a pain in t.a. 2. newer versions of the navigation software can't be used. 3. the antenna problem were never really helped. I have been to a Nokia Care Center something like a year ago and got a new back, but that helped only a bit.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

Hi everyone,

I have been using N97 for 2 years. Thanks to god, i lost it in a taxi and now i bought Galaxy S2. İnstead this forum is nokia's offical forum nobody gave any answer the questions at this subject that is live since May 2010. Everybody, see it, this is nokia. Nokia sold their best model N97 at lots of money two years ago, now i bought a 10 times better (compare the specs) and again best model Galaxy S2 with same price. Thanks to got i gave up the N97. It was a big mistake, using it was a big distressing.

Bye everyone!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chillover

[ Edited ]

***bleep*** you nokia i ***bleep*** hate you! do the damn ***bleep*** update damit, your move to WP is just a big FAIL BIG BIG FAIL!! even worst than making this n97 useless phone lol

Moderators note: The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Please do not use offensive language on the forums.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Your opinion is true :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
babylongreece

Lost my n97 stolen by **bleep** thief but now eyeing nokia n8.Soon maybe will leave this tread
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

hey GUYS

whats up???

new firmware or get down this lemon to trash??? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
babylongreece

why anyone suddenly so quite,come on
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

**bleep** n97 music player an add more than 608 song
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

hey guys ...I moved on to Motorola Atrix ... 

Pretty good phone.

I will keep my N97 for another couple months to see if new Firmware shows up

Also to remind me not to buy FLAGSHIP phone from NOKIA in the future if the Hardware is not the market standard ... 

Standard meaning .. for now, Duo Core CPU + 1GB RAM  + 16 GB Storage + qHD screen for around USD$350~400

Please use plain text.
Advisor
blakkpanter

I dropped my N97 when the N900 came out. That phone was a blessing (No thanks to Nokia though) 

Now i bought the N9 which of course is not completely what it should be, but thanks to it being opensource i know we can make it the phone it should be. I've been with Nokia since 1997 but somehow have the strange feeling this will be my last one as they say no more Meego phones in the future... Or the windows/Symbian phones have to be pretty damn convincing... 

N9 64 Black
N900
N97 Black
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

24 th December & nothing yet :smileysad:

Nokia is gone to the F...K level !

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97