Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Contributor
chillover

[ Edited ]

happy new year nokia ..NOT lol

http://i44.tinypic.com/dgo4ea.jpg

this is my n97 HS btw :smileylol: just for u nokia

edit: omg  this is the 1200th reply ! wow is this the biggest discussion out here? damn nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raji42

hey my n97 32gb phones cersion is 20.0.110 . . i want to update v.30 . this version im in srilanka give me d link to software update friend... ?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

What`s up guys about NEW firmware?

Any news?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Hi raji42

there is no update 30.0.016 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
domco50

24.1.2012 Any idea on fw 3.xx.xx.xx ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
llaguna

Forget it... RIP N97.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Wake up GUYS !!! we NEED new firmware :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Come on GUYS !

why are u Desperate?

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
juninhocelular

I agree. Let´s wait a little more with our beatiful and functional N97. Come on Nokia.. Release it to us!!! I guess Nokia is playing with us.. Ops.. Almost dropped my GNote.
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

just I need music player ver 15.2
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
llaguna

U guys really need is a N8 or something... forget about N97.. its already dead for a year or so.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

[ Edited ]

But we are alive & paid hundreds $ for this  phone!

Nokia come on plz

MODERATORS NOTE:The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Please do not use offensive language on the forums.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AngryBird66

I needed to boot up my old N97 to get some info in the phone and I was immediately reminded of how just f*ing useless this device is. The display/keyboard lock got stuck (again) and was impossible to unlock without pulling the battery... I remember how life was with this expensive piece of sh*t back in the days, this was "normal" every day use. So everytime I feel a slight bit of interest in Lumia 800 or N9, this is a healthy reminder not to touch a Nokia device ever again. Back to my S2....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PeterS15

I have finally given up with my N97. With it's continual 'hangs' and the back falling off and the battery falling out, it has become more of an embarrassement! This phone has really been a shocking waste of money from the start and, like many, I have been waiting for Nokia to do something, or anything, about it.

The quality of the phone ihas not been the main problem with the N97. It has been Nokia's attitude to it's assumingly huge N97 customer base. I have been with Nokia for many years, I have also been in customer service most of my working life. How a communications company can just ignore it's customers' issues on such a large scale with what was supposed to be such a prestigious product is completely beyond me.

All I have ever had from Nokia was an invite last year to get an E7! I assume they sent this knowing I had an N97! But no apologies for the N97 and no incentive to get a replacement!

However, it appears that Nokia have seriously lost market share and are slipping behind. Jobs have gone and manufactoring plants closed. It is sad, but that is precisely what happens when a company gets too big and arrogant. Customers walk away, and they talk to other potential customers, the word gets around.

It is far easier to keep your existing Customers than gain new ones! So Nokia have a serious uphill struggle to regain their position, if ever.

It is not just slipping behind with technical developments and innovation that loses Customers. Nokia has had a loyal customer base, and still has reading some of the comments in these forums.

And so, I have decided to get another Nokia phone! But I have not spent nearly as much this time, I caught a serious cold last time! Nokia does have excellent build quality, they are good at telephones with good quality reliable calls. Also the cameras are very good.

I just hope my new Nokia phone will be reliable, because the way Nokia has been with the N97, they won't do much about it if it isn't!

In this day and age you can't afford to ignore your Customers! They pay your wages!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Not another NOKIA phone , at all.

Its a HUGE mistake :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Today is 27th march 2012

but NOTHING any more about NEW firmware for OURS goldie N97!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Waseemraa

Congrats mate.. its about 1/1/13 near us.. And they seriously didnt bother updating it.. They heard you.. Cheers!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

As this phone is not supported any more by Nokia and your phone is out of guarantee, your best bet now if you want a software update is custom firmware for the N97.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hamzashreem

llaguna wrote:
i dout that any N97 owner would buy those new lumias phones...

after spending a monthpay 699.90€ on a brick.

i wanna a new software for my n97

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

[ Edited ]

Try doing a Google search using the last five words of my previous reply.

Please use plain text.