Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor

The update is available via purchase of Nokia N8 ..
Go shop and you will get it :smileyhappy:
Lumia 920 OS version: 8.0.10521.155
FW revision number: 3047.0000.1326.2002
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

lol, after experiencing the debacle of the N97 and the completely disgraceful way that Nokia treated purchases of this lemon it will be a long time before I spend money on another Nokia device.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JH2O

Leon your very funny but my next upgrade will not be a N8! Or any other N-series phone. Maybe a Meego phone, but probably W7 or iOS. At least a phone that is nice to use, reliable and (very important) supported by a company that wants to deliver a perfect product!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
juninhocelular

Appearently Nokia will not give us this 30 firmware. In this case, I´ll make my part, warning every single person that thinks to buy ANY nokia to do not continue. I  simply hate nokia. Gracefully I´m on my milestone now and Motorola showed that even FROYO will be released to my new phone. The N97 **bleep** is laying down on the ground of my wardrobe. I´ll keep it to remind how Nokia could be a jerk. Oh, yes, I could be a jerk buying nokia n97. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
romper76

i have always used nokia phones my last being the n95 which was a great phone! But oh lord the n97 is the worst mobile I have ever owned, my contract is nearly over and so far I've had the phone changed 2 times my wife also has the n97 and is really fed up with it too, for a flagship phone its a real joke. Needless to say I don't think my next mobile will be a nokia.

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

I still think Nokia should have given N97 owners a $200-250 rebate off the purchase of the N8, this might have bought them back a bit of respect from the customers that they treated so poorly with the release of a device that they must have (or at the very least should have) known was a disaster.

Sure the phone is just OK now but it has never warranted the premium that Nokia charged for it.

Anyway, still waiting for the v30 firmware...
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

@mstandl

A hard reset seems like an extreme measure to take.  In any case, I found that deleting the Web browser cache frees up the most space.  Also, I never install anything on C:.  I only install it on E:.  I even went to the trouble to delete any apps I don't use off of C:.

In any case, I've decided that the best way to get rid of the N97's problems is to get rid of the N97 altogether.  It's just a matter of shelling out the dough for it as I'm still in the middle of my contract.  The two phones that I am considering are the Desire Z and the E7.  The Desire Z is available next week.  I intend to check it out at the store.  I'm probably going to wait until both phones are released to see if I want to upgrade and to which one.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

I measured next update n97 will be released in 11 or 12 november:

97% smileytongue:

I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
skripis

So, what are you guys waiting for in "V30." that make you so upset?

New colors&icons? Free **bleep**?

Based on my experience the N97 is stable as it is now on V22. There are far worse phones out there... I'm not implying that it's perfect and updates aren't needed, but even if Nokia updated it for ten years to come we won't see a revolution over todays status. Period.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

Well, I just installed Opera Mini 5.1 beta.  So far, it's been great.  I had 5.0 before and I generally leave it on because it takes so long to start up and then gives me that annoying message to use the network.  With 5.1 beta, it starts up really fast and has no annoying message, so I close it down when I'm done browsing.  So far, none of those annoying issues I had last week since I started using 5.1.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markfirst

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdutfoy

Is anyone from Nokia discussing on this topic?
@markfirst,
Thanks for the link, it is the only Nokia sound we have that help us to think that we'll get this firmware update.
For this comming update lost of improvements are still expected, browser improvements, copy/past function improvement, NAND memory and RAM memory usage improvement and many many more.

Hope that Nokia will take it into account for this release (and even more with the time it took to release it!!!)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm not really sure what to make out of it, there seems to be an internal V30(fat) V20 (mini) firmware.. It would be nice if someone from Nokia would actually shed some light on the FW for their old flagship phones.. its been almost 6 months since the last update..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
emad_hs

N97 mini v12:
Real player has a problem!!!???
n73 supports the visualization(music player)  but does not support n97
Is unfortunate!
!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
haba

november 1st. no news.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

its already Nov and still no update..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ibzter

*OffTopic* Tell you what, i will buy the n8 if there is (1)Browser update--(2)Better & Faster Homescreen--(3)Better Messaging--(4)Better Camer UI--(5)Snappier Device...............And only if these updates reach the n8 in a max of one month *OffTopic*

About the n97, it was never meant to be an awesome device, it is just severely flawed, and lack of updates have made the users even more furious.. well, even the updates haven't been all that special. So the ol' n97 is done and dusted for meh..... and i'll just wait and see what sym^3 really has to offer and maybe even have a look at future meego stuff in the upcoming meego conference :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

[ Edited ]

@ skripis - Sure the N97 on v22 is reasonably stable but the phone still has issues and is terribly slow. In the end the biggest problem is that I'm never confident the phone will work when I need it, so any stability and performance improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

they hold v3.0 because of N8 :smileyindifferent:

maybe 1dec. or 1jan. they will release it :-s

Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'd be happy to see a cut down version of the firmware available. Something that improved it's speed in the basics like pic viewing. There are probably loads of features most people don't use but have an impact.

Nokia 808
Nokia CK-200
Please use plain text.