Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Professor
froschy

[ Edited ]

@ coffee_jelly23 - I would really like an official statement from Nokia acknowledging that the N97, even on v22, is still not the device that they marketed or hyped. But as this is very unlikely I would just appreciate a bit of honesty and openess from Nokia on the future for firmware updates.

As for your suggestion of using the "Contact us" link or Nokia Care line, it shows a complete lack of knowledge on your part of the effectiveness of these tools to get any form of message to Nokia.

The way that Nokia has treated N97 owners is disgraceful and even though I doubt that there is anything that they can do to stop a lot of these people from moving to other smartphone manufacturers, this continuing disregard for customers who purchased an expensive handset is pushing them further away from ever wanting to own anther Nokia handset again.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@coffee_jelly23

You can only remove the post. If you guys got courage , put official statement about N97. We need answers. 

Here is the mail you wrote to me and my answer. Keep on deleting. 

MY REPLY 

Of course that is the only thing you are allowed to do  here. Remove the post or remove the user .... statements u got not right to kill us :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Your this kind of statements are really not helpful. Go and please fetch some news , a real one that we need. We spend money and weneed the answers. 

The contact us button, u keep on pressing and tell us if that bring something.

Cheers !

Zeeshan

Your Mail

Hi guys,

I understand how you feel about the inconveniences that you have been experiencing right now. However, we would like to remind you guys that this is a peer-to-peer troubleshooting forum. You guys are requesting me to forward your posts to a higher management. Please be informed that we, moderators, are not allowed to do that. Let me remind you of our forum guidelines, please refer to the link below:

/t5/Discussions-Guidelines/Guidelines-read-these-first/m-p/1#M2

Guys, consider this message as a warning from us, else, necessary action would take place. For this, we will be removing your post from the thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I keep wondering about these two sentences:

'You guys are requesting me to forward your posts to a higher management. Please be informed that we, moderators, are not allowed to do that.'

So moderators are not allowed to inform the higher management of developements which - for Nokia - could be worth paying attention to.

Some companies have seen that it pays out to listen very carefully what (potential) customers have to say about them or their products and to take (up to a certain amount, of course) active part in threads.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

loriot +1 I have N97 mini and I its also not cheap fone. If i asking Customer care about software etc. i waiting for complete information about what ask. where We can shut Our dispointed about customer care and lack of information? flagship=**bleep** of N model...
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

[ Edited ]

@ loriot - agreed, perhaps if they had been more active in these forums prior to and during the development of the N97 they might have picked up on the recurring problems of design, quality control, firmware maturity at release, software ease of use, and customer service.

With the N8 it looks like they have fixed the design and quality control issues but unfortunately the other issues appear to still be a problem for them including customer service.

I try to write constructive (not offensive) posts that if Nokia took the time to read would help them to understand how and why I've been so frustrated with my experience of the N97, Nokia services, and Nokia customer care.

In the end they can decide to ignore or delete my posts but this will only serve to confirm my negative opinion of Nokia (deservedly so, thanks to the N97 and the way that Nokia handled this debacle) and they will miss out on an opportunity to receive real opinions from a customer rather than the usual biased (good or bad) press opinions.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

Surprise, surprise...still no v30 firmware update or any information from Nokia if they are even working on this upgrade. 

At least the wait for this firmware has so far been shorter than the wait for the "Coming Soon!" Ovi Suite 2.0 for Mac which is another source of frustration with my experience of Nokia and the N97.

Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
thejohnny

Putting design errors aside... is Nokia still supporting the N97???

it's been a while since Nokia launches an update for this phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JH2O

Don't expect to much. I think the design errors will not be fixed, we will only get one or two updated programs. No threaded messaging, no impoved user interface, no singel tap in menu, no faster photo browser, no way to disable the charging light while turned off, no split screen for text input. Maybe a new widget for the home screen and probably an updated Ovi Store and OVI maps. Don't know about an updated webbrowser, will probably be ready in 2012.

Please use plain text.
ericdutfoy

What would the "contact us" give us more???

How on earth is that possible that on your most expensive device no one from Nokia has taken any seconds to provide us a feedback via this forum! Why sending messages to the "contact us"? what for? to ask for the V30 firware to come out... but you all know at Nokia that all the N97 users are expecting this for months now!

I had the chance to see the C6 in action, its firmware has greater functions than the N97 now. is that fair from Nokia? Why do we still have no informations?

Anyway, for me that's all, I gave up with Nokia, I wasn't too disapointed with the 5800XM, which wasn't perfect but for a mid range phone was good enough but the N97 story is too much for me. I came back to Nokia as a great Nokia fan, and honestly, the N97 killed this fan.

If no V30 comes, would at least Nokia could buy my N97 back?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

I finally managed to fix all of the problems I had with the N97.  What I did was buy a Desire Z.  After using it for over a week, I had no errors with the Desire Z.  The N97 had countless numbers of weird errors the first week.  The N97 may make and take calls a bit better than the Desire Z, but the Desire Z is just more stable and does practically everything else better and error free.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My solution will be a Desire HD, looking forward to it.

Nokia will go back to making tires and boots.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krzysiek333

Hallo,

I just receive e-mail from Nokia, that the new firmware will be available to the end of the year ( they said - at the end of december ).

So next 45 days to wait, i hope that is the final date?

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shalabh78

Please put up the original response from Nokia to comfort the whole N97 community :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Please put up the original response from Nokia to comfort the whole N97 community :smileyhappy:

Yes, please do so.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mikemases

Why have they decided to enlighten you and no one else? I've been asking them and all I get are silly generic answers assuring me the phone was tested before release.

Paste the message in here, and I'll believe it.

Please use plain text.
ericdutfoy

[ Edited ]

That is funny, I was actually looking for a Desire too.

Seems to be a good phone, well balanced, not with hundreds of features (as the N97 or N8) that does not work correctly... less funcions but better implemented...

we may have more to say on this forum about android froyo than N97 firmware V30, haven't we?

I wrote this post before seeing the news about the next N97 firmware, good news! a bit long to wait still but it is a least a first start of communication from Nokia if it is true.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krzysiek333

[ Edited ]

Hallo,

Sorry, the answer is in Polish language so i think it don't help You.

But in my e-mail send few days ago i ask them what is going on with N97 and when new firmware is gooing to be in Poland, and they answer this what i wrote about december.

This answer comes from nokia.com, so i think they know what is going on?

But it gives us one information: they working at new firmware, so maybe they didn't forget about N97.

Best Regards

Moderator note:

Nokia Care e-mail address removed from this post. Please note that the e-mails to customer support need to be sent via the "Contact us", new mails cannot be sent to the contact centre addresses because they will not contain system-generated codes to ensure routing to the right people.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Found some info on V30, for what its worth:

We Got Some unconfirmed Info that Nokia N97 V30.0.026 (N97 Original) or V20.0.026 (N97 mini) is now on BETA Stages! Its kind of late but thats very hopeful for N97 users that it will be released in the upcoming Months "Later this Year!"

For All N97 Users

"I know you All are tired of Waiting but if you love your phone and you have to stick with it for some time I recommend that you wait for this Update, Nokia is late because V3.0 is Major update will not bring New Features ONLY but System Stability too... these things take time to Develop and test! HANG ON!

if you do not want to wait get one of the New Symbian^3 devices (E7,C7,C6 and the N8)...

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/For-All-Nokia-N97-Users-READ-V30-Info-

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krzysiek333

This is joke : "but if you love your phone and you have to stick with it for some time I recommend that you wait for this Update"

What we can do else than waiting?

And yes we love Nokia so much.... i have no words....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

Krzysiek333

Can u send me a copy of that letter form Nokia?

or jus smple pls paste there:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.