Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor
tehranshahr

i'm still happy with my custom made firmware, speed of the phone is awsome! also N97's touch screen is much better than 5800!

the only problem is old browser and rare hangs in messaging.

i installed many apps in E and some apps in C, my phone still works great and fast!

i can watch MP4 ASP videos @ full 30fps.

multitasking works good, i have ~50MB free ram space.

i have the real N97 :smileyvery-happy:

but still looking forward to v30.

Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

Nokia C5 received update today. Still none for N97.
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
R3dDr3g0n

i still wonder why ... why they left us... whyy?!?!?! they betrayed their costumers ... nokia n97 needs an update where it is ??!?!?!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

C6 updated again and still no updates for N97!

Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Delfinash

9th of December...

still.... no firmware update....

maybe we'll get something for Christmas...

Nokia N97 RM-505 with the "latest" [or the last] v22
Please use plain text.
Advisor
R3dDr3g0n

[ Edited ]

maybe we'll get ... maybe not ..í dont know what to think ... a lot of updates for other phones that do not need so much attention like n97 ...well.. when the new firmware arrives ... lets hope it will be very good...

Please use plain text.
tersant

Hi all,

I have an email from nokia from 2 days ago where they told me that they are currently working on a new firmware, but i do not have an indication as to when.

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

I'm glad I purchased their flagship device because of the extra special customer service Nokia have given N97 owners.

Hang on a sec, the only thing special about the way Nokia have treated us is after taking a lot of our money in return for a phone that they must have known was a lemon, they have ignored us and focussed on the budget and mid-tiered models.

Thanks a lot! :smileysad:
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bistak

i really hate nokia... i really do. i can't imagine to buy a nokia-phone again and i'm at nokia since about 8 years - and i'm 25 now. i was always talking in the best way about nokia but i stopped with this since i feel fooled by this a**holes. it's a shame that a company like them treats their costumers like this. SHAME ON YOU NOKIA, SHAME ON YOU!!! if u keep acting like this, u'll lose loads of your customers - start realizing that!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

tersant wrote:

Hi all,

I have an email from nokia from 2 days ago where they told me that they are currently working on a new firmware, but i do not have an indication as to when.

I'm sure you do. "When" will of course be christmas eve, delivered by Santa him self.

Please use plain text.
dorobina

today I've written me and I got the same response, Nokia rude, impudent, shame, already run by iphone4

Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

I'm sure that if you changed the Nokia N97 device with any other current device, you would have received the same response: "We are current;y working on new software for your devices. Stay updated, we will release it SOON", with no indication about how soon is that SOON.

RUDE!
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nofxdude

Sent to Nokia

"Hello,

I like the majority of N97 users are sick and tired of the lack of firmware updates for this device. You know as well as I do that this is extremely poor, unfair, and disrespects your customers.
As I'm sure you are aware, the phone suffers from a lot of issues such as crashing, poor multitasking and slow downs, which hinder its overall performance, the list goes on!
It just appears that you are neglecting the N97. Why? Are you putting all your time into new flagship devices? (which you will no doubt neglect soon enough). Are you lazy? Or are you just totally oblivious to the fact that your customers will be purchasing their next phone from Apple or HTC. I know I will be! That is if you continue to neglect my phone!!! I mean for goodness sake, the Facebook Application doesn't even show notifications, and that affects all smartphone Nokia customers!
Have you seen the amount of complaints across the internet?
In my opinion, your behaviour on this matter no doubt is linked to some greater good for the Nokia company. Whoever in your family tree of staff that is directing this method needs sacking. You may be attracting possible new custom, but you are losing your actual customers, and these customers are spreading the word that your smartphones fail in comparison to Apple's and HTC's. What kind of opinions do you think possible new customers are going to draw from all this negative feedback from previous customers.
So yes you guessed it, my question is, when will there be a firmware update for the N97, and what will be included. I am a loyal customer on my 6th Nokia phone, I deserve answers from you, and if they are not the answers I want then I will be immediately selling this (could be great) phone on eBay and purchasing a HTC. Christ, their phones are so much better.

Kindest regards

P.S: Sort your sodding Ovi Suite update software out, half the time it fails when trying to connect to search for updates. Do you not learn from the problems you had with Nokia Software Updater? If this sort of thing rubs off on your phones then the N8 will no doubt take the same neglected road as the N97."

Clearly I've lost my temper and patience. Maybe a waste of time but you never know.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you for contacting Nokia Support, you're opinion is very important to us and..... :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
tersant

This attitude stinks... We spend over €500 on the flagship phone full of performance issues and we are completeley neglected with no indication whatsoever on when we are going to have an update. Iphone users get updates to their OS continually.

I am a loyal nokia customer and i would not consider changing to another brand but this attitude is really frustrating.. Nokia people should show customers better treatment.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

At last a new fimware update WILL be released on Christmas day.This update will fix ALL bugs and make the N97 perfect,just the way it was supposed to be from day one.I can't wait, a smooth running N97 now that's clever Nokia.

Dream on the N97 in rubbish buy a new phone and keep your N97 in a drawer as a spare.Maybe your iphone4 will need a new battery in 4 or 5 years time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I hope the firmware update will also be available here in asia especialy in the philippines early january or 1st quarter of the year...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nofxdude

"Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

In response to your concern, please click on the link below to download the latest software compatible with your phone:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

We value all constructive feedback that we receive. This gives us a gainful insight towards developing and providing greater technology, products and services to our customers. We do take into account that the requirements of our customers may differ and rest assured that we will be highlighting your feedback so that we can improve the service that we provide our customers.

For future reference, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support

You may also call our Customer Care Hotline at 0845 -045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am - 7pm (except bank and public holidays).

Yours sincerely,

Edsel L.
Nokia Service Professional
UK & Ireland Team
Nokia Care"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nofxdude

Naturally, I responded with...

"Classic, useless, may-as-well-be-automated response. You obviously don't think much of your customers if you recommend them to do something that is extremely obvious, it was even clear in my initial email that I know how to update my device. You have ignored 90% of my email. That is not good enough. Fair enough if you can't answer a question, but tell me you can't and tell me why you can't!!!
If you do not wish to/cannot answer my questions then I want my initial email passed onto your superiors, and the same goes for them!!! I am a paying customer, I am supporting your company, so the least you could do is provide me a customer service that respects my intelligence as a human being and justifies the responses it hands out.

Please pass the email chain onto your supervisor/superior/whoever I can get a much better response out of.

Thank you."
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I see I wasn't to far off... maybe there's a new career for me at Nokia Care Center. :-o

Please use plain text.