Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Advisor
Delfinash

http://www.nokia.com/careers/jobs

just in case =))

Nokia N97 RM-505 with the "latest" [or the last] v22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just received an e-mail from Nokia ... how to recycle your N97! 

Come on Nokia!

Great that you support recycling Nokia... 

But you want us to recycle our N97s before you have even ensured that they perform as you marketed them to and before you have ensured that they have all the features that you marketed?

Recycle them? And purchase the next Nokia so-called 'flagship'  that will again not perform as you marketed it to? So Nokia can make more money and hope that the world forgets how badly N97 customers were treated?

Prove that you have regained the trust of your consumers by honourably ensuring that the N97 performs to the specifications you promised and has the features that you promised, and then, maybe, when N97s are recycled it will be other Nokia products that they are substituted for!

Otherwise... Dream on!

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

It makes me laugh when people suggest using the contact us link to get your message to Nokia.

My experience of using this link is exactly like no fxdude, 90% or more of my email is ignored and then they respond with a form email.

I don't get the point of this type of customer support, it just seems like a method to keep customers from being able to receive support from Nokia. Just like these discussion forums.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ibzter

why not get a software that can make your device do this ???

youtube.com/watch?&gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&v=UKe3X9T4D6g&nomobile=1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

@Ibzter

heheh i seen that video few mins ago :smileywink:

and also I thought why Nokia can't do that.

i sent some 2-3 mails do nokia customer service, and guess what...

they didn't responded on my mails.

about new firmware maby  we get new FW in few days but i think its not will be nothing "new" in package.

its suck's, retired "flagship device"  ;/

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

we all customers are writing here. And noone can hear us from here.

can we cue against to Nokia? Nokia anonsed about N97 is not a phone, its a computer. It was a lie. And in law there must be an infliction for this kind of lies.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khashin

If the new update does not support divx format......Selling it.
I do not want 3 homescreen
I want support mkv,divx,xvid&add visualizations to musicplayer
and speed
my phone N97mini(Full of problems)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

@khashin

Dream on!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia won't release another N97 firmware whats the point they can't fix it so there just going to sweep it under the carpet and forget about it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

Nokia E71 got an update today. It seems Nokia will update all devices BUT Nokia N97.

I expect a new update for Nokia N95 and N82 soon, since those are the last real good phones from Nokia.
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GilbertoMertins

[ Edited ]

I am not that angry as the vast majority here; I’ve paid about U$ 500 for a N97 mini; well, it works.

But I DO understand that for a super phone as it was advertised at launch, it could do more. I am a computer developer; and people, you do not imagine, for a programmer, how easy is to do certain things. My conclusion: Nokia does not do because does not want.

It is incredible naïve to say they don’t know etc. They know, but don’t want. Even worse, of course.

Nokia N97 mini, 24 GB memory. Several Nokias before.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have just received a response from the Dutch customer service, this time not an automated response! They said that they we're not able to say when the update will be made available but that they know this topic is a very big topic and they are monitoring it. They also said if a product has a lot of bugs the develop time of the firmware will be longer, again they appologize.

And they gave me a voucher for 10% discount on my next purchase at the nokia store..

A really honest response i my opinion!
Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

Well, that 10% is really a nice touch.

@GilbertoMertins: You are completely right. It's not that they don't know how to MEND the N97. They do know, the C6 is far better than the N97, software-wise, so they could make the N97 at least as good as the C6, if they wanted. But they don't. Because they want us to forget all about the N97 and just buy the E7 when it launches...
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Borkis72

I want a working N97 before I throw it in the trash...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ibzter

I just recieved a reply from nokia care here in the middle east that they are not aware if and when a new sw version for the n97 will be available. In addition to this they said that all nokia devices get updated regularly including n97, on reading which i almost turned blind XD.....
Anyways they also guided on how i could reinstall the current sw version for some odd reason and gave a nokia care contact number for further assistance alongwith suggesting a link to install the latest ovi suite.
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@ibzter - it's the classic "I don't know what to tell you" response, followed by the "Here is the form solution of re-installing your current SW".

Pretty slack customer support but then what would you expect from a company that relies on it's customers to provide online support through these discussion forums.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

I think ... Probably .. They are trying to overcome the smallC:\ Drive (only 76MB) issues

Let the C:\ only for system and system only.  Other applications should be on the other placese, even its kernal related.  And yes, there will be some architecture over haul.

such as allowing apps. like Ovi Client or Ovi maps and quickoffice able to be installed on E:\

this will be the only option why its taking so long to develop this new firmware... But I would say, it's worth waiting for. 

It would be such a big waste of resource since you have 30 GB of storage sitting around doing nothing right? From system point of view.

otherwise ... I don't know what is taking so long.

As for nokia ... I don't know, if they support their Flag ship phones like this ... I would think twice about getting another symbian phones at all. I might as well go for Android since its a linux phone. 

If Nokia failed to deliever supports, then at least there will be a better chance where people like us can look for support other places... currently the only symbian os phone support only come from Nokia and no other places.

Have seen the new Android 2.2 in the SE x10 mini pro  ... responsive, UI , they all looks good

Also the language support for developer is better then Nokia in a way that  the dev website will not keep forcing me to read Simplified Chinese where as I only read English and Traditional Chinese.   I think Nokia's site will lock IP and decide to load the website for you.  But it kept on loading the Content with wrong languages... I feel offeneded by it.

So .... to summerize everything up ....

1. If nokia failed to support the flagship phone

2. If the language issues of the dev. website kept happening

3. If it looks like that Nokia does not really care about Taiwan market

then I will have to reluctantly say my next smart phone will be some other brand

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

I think Nokia is trying to transforming from a telecom / network company to a Software company.  But then if the thinking and methodology of doing things does not change, I don't see the transformation go through successfully in the future.

People with smart phones, they tend to be more then your average users.  They will install stuff on the phone, they will study the platform, they are the people who will pay for gadgets.  More importantly, its normally very harder to gain their trust then average users.

Of course there are the China market ... Nokia might think that selling 10000 low end phones is better then taking care of the 100 Nokia N-Series phones.  But then again, doing this will damage the brand of Nokia N-Series phones and the image on Nokia Brand will simply be a cheap phone maker.  At least for myself only, I would think that Nokia is telling me to get phones like Nokia 1800.

If millions of people thinks like the way I think, then the developers will move on to Androids or i-phones because they provided better platforms.  In couple years, Nokia cell phones will be just one of  "White Box" phone manufactured in China.  Nokia will takes years more to tranforming to a software company while the maket is taken by BB, Android, Apple.  And in a foreseeable future, Nokia will be forced to go back to Telecom / Network company.

Abandoning the Flagship phones may seems to be a wise things to do from resource and reports point of view, but please be very careful about what kind of messaging you are sending to the loyal customers / developers and to the industry. 

If Nokia wants feed backs on the new firmware, I am sure there will be people willing to do beta testing for it.  I would suggest that Nokia at least let us know what is going on / progress of the developlement of new Firmware.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Delfinash

500 messages and still nothing.....

come on, Nokia...

Nokia N97 RM-505 with the "latest" [or the last] v22
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Nothing yet!!! :smileysad: