Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Sage

Processor Speed--this is probably why the N97's GPS works so poorly (giving wrong distance advisories and  directions to turn after-you-have-already-passed-it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
taiini

Please use plain text.
Advisor

What is PR3?

Regards,
erura

E7-00, RM-626, 013.016 PR1.1
Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@r3dr3g0n - Thanks for the link. That information would seem to suggest that there is an update on the way but why is it taking so long for a minor update? I suspect Nokia have hit some insurmountable problem with the firmware due to the hardware constraints of he N97.

There doesn't seem to be any other explanation because if it was a major update Nokia would have marketed it.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

What is this, are you going in circles now? Please read the whole discussion instead of presenting old speculations as news.
Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

That's why I said it was posted (by me) just after Christmas, last year. More than a week has passed and still no sign (or word) about PR3...
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Please use plain text.
Armand_v1

Please use plain text.
Armand_v1

:-( same notice June 2010
Please use plain text.
Sage

Old **bleep** from June of 2010. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

we nothing work nokia can not hear us

I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

I have succesfully traded my N97 for a N900.

I know some of you might say that the trade is not a very good one, because the N900 will also lack the support from Nokia.

But because the HW of the N900 is in so many ways better than the N97's I could care less for the lack of support from Nokia. Maemo still has a lot of modders support and the community is really helpful.

So, Nokia, I really hope you will, in the end, update the N97 and make millions happy. It's not something you should do, it's something YOU MUST do.
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I got my iphone4 on Christmas eve and what a fantastic piece of technology it is. Does everything I want it to do without even breaking a sweat. I'm so glad I bought it. Bye bye Nokia.

Does anyone want to buy a Nokia N97?

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asgard15

MY FRIEND SOLD HIS N97 LAST WEEK AFTER UPGRADING TO THE IPHONE 3GS , HE IS VERY HAPPY WITH IT , IT WORKS WELL AND WITHOUT STRESS , IT DOES NOT HAVE AS MUCH FEATURES AS THE N97 BUT WORKS WAY FASTER , AND DOES EVERYTHING THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO . THE N97 IS FEATURE PACKED BUT CAN NOT PERFORM THE SIMPLIEST THINGS LIKE BROWSING , IT STRUGGLES TO DO THE SIMPLY DAY TO DAY THINGS , ANYWAY AFTER MY FRIEND SOLD HIS N97 , 3 DAYS LATER THE PERSON WANTED THEIR MONEY BCK COZ THAT PHONE IS A PIECE OF ISHT ,... I JUST UPGRADED TO THE NOKIA N8 WITH ROGERS ,I GAVE MY OLD N97 TO A FRIEND FOR FREE COZ I CANT EVEN SELL THAT PROBLEM, MY FRIEND HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE PHONE THAT HE OPTED TO GO BCK TO HIS OLD BB PEARL ,,, MY N8 IS SO LAGGY ITS THE SAME **bleep** AS THE N97 ,NO BIG IMPROVEMENTS , TYPING ON THE N8 IS A CHOE ITS SO PAINFULL . I CANT EVEN COMPARE MY GIRLFRIENDS OLD NEXUS ONE , OUTSHINES MY NEW N8 IN SPEED AND  PERFOMANCE .SYMBIAN OS HAS THE PORTENTIAL TO BE THE TOP OS , INFACT ITS THE BEST THERE IS RIGHT NOW , BUT NOKIA MANAGED TO CFUK THAT TOO, JUST LIKE WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS .NOKIA IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE LOYAL CUSTOMERS AFTER THE **bleep** THEY'VE BEEN PUTTING OUT LATLY , AFTER THE N95 ITS BEEN JUST ADVERTISING , MORE LIKE WE SEEING THE LAST KICKS OF A DYING HORSE (NOKIA N8) THE N8 WAS THE LAST CHANCE TO SET FOOT IN THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET FOR NOKIA BUT THEY BLEW IT , LOOK AROUND SAMSUNG , HTC APPLE, LG  AND EVEN MOTOROLA ARE SELLING BETTER THAN NOKIA IN US AND CANADA .WELL BYE NOKIA , AS FOR YOUR UPDATE , SHOVE IT UP U KNW WHERE , IMA GO WITH A BRAND THAT MEETS MY NEED NOT TO JUS DONETE MY DOLLARS ........FREE N97 ........ ANDROID HERE I COME

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajamir786

what is ENO nokia eno firmware what is mena any1

Please use plain text.
Advisor
georg1985

[ Edited ]

the guys from Nokia Austria just told me, that there is no further update planned for the N97.

i asked them on their Facebook-Group and here's their answer:

Hallo Georg! Wir haben Rücksprache mit den Kollegen gehalten, du hast die aktuellste Software schon auf deinem Gerät - Leider sind für das Nokia N97 keine Software-Updates mehr vorgesehen!

translated:

hello georg! we asked our colleagues and you have latest firmware on your phone - unfortunately no further updates are planned for this device!

CAN THIS REALLY BE TRUE?!

Please use plain text.
Sage

No idea.  I don't speak Austrian....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cijo77

might be true. If there was an update, it would have been out long ago. I dont remember seeing any official notification about v30 from Nokia either.

Please use plain text.
Sage
geojoking

How more official than PR1.3 on a Nokia site can we get??? PR1.3 is certain for the N97, maybe as a FW to conclude the support for the device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
georg1985

PR 1.3? what are you talking about? i'm really interested in that topic and reading every entry here but i have no clue what you're talking about now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

[ Edited ]

georg1985 wrote:

[...]but i have no clue what you're talking about now.

He is talking abou that: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/messaging/messaging-chat/how-to-use-chat

I don't think a statement on the official nokia austria site on facebook isn't true. I think it's the only official one we have, all the other things were speculations.

Please use plain text.