Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor
tehranshahr

Nokia5230 updated from21 to40!:smileysurprised:
Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

Nokia forced us to not buy a nokia anymore =)

my next device will be Samsung Galaxy S

Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AngryBird66

I have been waiting patiently for an fw update for months now and I must agree with many of the previous posters: It seems now as if Nokia has abandoned the N97. I have used Nokia devices since 1998 but this is my last one. Never again will I be fooled into spending a lot of money on a device that was basically useless the first months and which is abandoned as soon as the worst bugs are fixed. I am from Finland so this is a sad decision for me, but Nokia leaves me no other option.

My next phone will be a Google Nexus S.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imlite

kami12 wrote:
I have found this site that seems to give some hope that Nokia is going to release updates soon to all there phones... However I'm not so sure if Nokia N97 is included... Well all I can say is we'd have to wait.. I'm giving a couple of month if nothing is released I'm switching to a new phone

http://firmware.nokiaonsite.com/news/symbian-getting-new-updates-in-the-first-half-of-2011/

No.

This is for the new symbian^3 OS. The N97 uses the Symbian^1 OS.

Symbian from symbian^3 onwards will be called just Symbian and be updated with 'service pack' type updates. This year its expected that Symbian will have 4 updates which will include what was to be Symbian^4.

I really don't think that the N97 will have any more major updates - its firmware team was broken up last year, its over 18 months old,  and everything has moved on to the N8 and the latest version symbian.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
juninhocelular

My words are your words. Still waiting for a NOKIA atittude!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
taiger

Hello all,

I have also followed this thread from the beginning and been tear between hope and devastation of no new update. Okay I’m one of those lucky ones that have not had that many problems with my device. From the beginning there was some random restarts, but after the last update (22.x) it’s been okay, but maybe not an flagship. But I have still waited for an updated firmware to get some better web browser and hopefully get rid of some of the “**bleep**” ware (Joikuspot, Vlingo, Boing and Qik).

But anyhow now I have again gotten really hopeful for a update for the N97, this as the 5230 today got an update from the 21.x to 40.x. The two devices is rather similar and the 5230 also got its update to 21.x right around the time of when the N97 got its update to 22.x. So both devices have been without updates for about the same time (many months).

So boys and girls, please hold on to your hats (or whatever) and we will soon have some updates to load into our precious devices. :smileyvery-happy:

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
umarr_nagi

Wow finally an update to the old gallery..now the gallery is much smoother and takes no time to show up good update...gallery seems to be from nokia c6
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

By 'gallery' do you mean the New Photos application 1.0.1 - which so I read is available as software update, but I don't see a way to install it on my N97. How did you do it?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JH2O

[ Edited ]

You can update the Photo application as follows:

Menu > Applications > SW update > select application > Start update

Indeed a welcome update, the previous application was unusable.

And Adobe PDF viewer is now free, you can update Adobe PDF by going to Quickoffice and selecting Updates and upgrades (select free pdf version).

Please use plain text.
Irhad

@JH2O

I think we all now that, but the app isn't available in every region so I think we have to wait a bit longer. But thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Adobe reader and quickoffice basic is now free but they both install to N97's C drive? Great one Nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
athlon7750

This PDF reader is free and much faster than Adobe. Can be installed on E

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alternatedjvu/

Just to keep on topic damn you Nokia give me the N97 I paid for !!! get that firmware released

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivanst

[ Edited ]

Today I sold my second N97 White I was so tired of the standby new FW for my N97 it was disaster so poor and to slow need to type the screen a few times to make a simple action I was good sale today my N97 and gone same moment to bought iPhone 4 no more waiting a new FW it is past now... did someone from Nokia read this discussions?? by, by Nokia...

Previous phones:..3310, Nokia 5300, Nokia 6020, Nokia 6080, ...N95, N95 8gb, N97 Black v22, N97 White v22

HTC Desire v 2.2 android
iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naelalaa

I hate the waiting!!!! NOKIA RELEASE THE UPDATE!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello,

Nokia no updates n97, firmware closed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
eliamar72

its so sad for me, i used Nokia phones since 1998, and i was happy with them until i bought ...... N97, so much expectations, but how big disappointment.... i decided today to move to an android phone, i will never go back to have a Nokia phone. i don't care anymore if there will be new firmware, or how much people say N8 E7 C6 are great , the problem as i see it, is in Nokia company. it seems they don't care of the buyers that made them as big as they are, but all will change, bigger names then Nokia went down... and technology move so fast, i don't see Nokia catching up with the new players, and if they will try to move towards Microsoft, as the latest rumors suggest, it will be the end of Nokia. good bye Nokia, i had good times with your phones, until....... N97 !!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivanst

...since yesterday I does not belong here :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

now I have HTC Desire and iPhone 4 :smileyhappy::smileywink:

for next one or two year bye-bye all to you :smileyhappy:

Previous phones:..3310, Nokia 5300, Nokia 6020, Nokia 6080, ...N95, N95 8gb, N97 Black v22, N97 White v22

HTC Desire v 2.2 android
iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jonndoedaniel

last year the update came on 1st february.22.0.110 came on 1st july.maybe the next update is delayed until they release the latest ovi maps 3.06 from beta so they could integrate it in the firmware along with latest ovi store.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrUnHappy

I've been watching this thread with interest ever since it started.  During my visit today I was prompted to answer a survey.

The last box on the survey is for comments (about the survey, obviously!).  Anyway, here's what I've put.

"This survery is great as it gives me an oppurtunity to feedback to Nokia.

My reason for visiting this website was to determine if and when a firmware update will be available for the N97.

As each day / week / month passes my faith in Nokia services and devices deminishes.  I have a "flagship" device that simply does not meet my expectations.  These expectations were set by Nokia and they simply have not delivered.

I am convinced that my next phone will not be a Nokia device.  Sadly, I still have 12 months remaining on my contract.  Maybe, just maybe Nokia will suprise me over the next 12 months and do something to regain my loyalty to the brand."

I wonder if anyone at Nokia is listening to the N97 users?

I wonder if they realise how annoyed we are?

I wonder what percentage of people that bought the N97 will buy a Nokia device again?

Please use plain text.
Professor
nokton12

I think we don't have to expect a new firmware for N97/mini , anyway why should there be an single update for the photogallery (happened this week) when there would be an upcoming firmware planned in near future? I think we maybe get little pieces but nothing more.

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.