Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Registered Member
naelalaa

[ Edited ]

I emailed Nokia concerning the Firmware update, this is what I got!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
Since June, we heard words from Nokia that the N97 will get an update soon to v30 but nothing happened!!
I can now find out that on your website, on the messaging IM how to page, "N97 (Firmware PR3 - 3x.x.x or later)"

Where is Firmware 3x?!!!
http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/download-software/messaging/messaging--chat/how-to-use-chat

We have been waiting so long for response from nokia, please reply as soon as possible.

Their Reply:

We apologize if the softwarehas not been released yet. We appreciate your feedback a lot as product quality and customer satisfaction are really important for us. Products like Nokia N97 evolve over lifetime and we work hard to bring new features, functions and fixes to make your Nokia N97 even better.  For this, your feedback is essential.

Rest assured that we will be forwarding the concern to the relevant department for soonest release of the newest firmware.

With regard to the Firmware PR3 that you saw on our website, this pertains to Nokia Messaging versions (e.g Nokia Messaging 3.0 Email supported devices)

My Reply:

Could you give us a time range for when the firmware would be release. Costumers are no longer happy with the attitude of nokia of keeping info away of them, and delaying them to god knows when, while people are already quiting nokia for android devices. I love my nokia but frankly i cant hold it much longer, i will have to quit nokia if thd way you treat customers with disrespect stays the same.

Their Reply:

As much as we would like to provide you the time frame in regards to the new software release, we are unable to do so as we are also waiting for advise coming from our software developer. You will be updated, either by website or an advertisement. Your patience is highly appreciated.

I am really **bleep** off, at the end of february Im going to buy an android phone, and "THROW" away my n97, I will not even try to sell it, just throw it in the garbage bin, thats where a nokia device deserves to be!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

Photo update came for product 0576350 ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GilbertoMertins

Sorry pal, but it’s just copy and paste answers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GilbertoMertins

Ask Nokia for money, and you will have something “answered” in Nokia language “you deserve the money you asked for, and we are working to get it, as soon as we have an answer from the Money Department we are getting in touch. You are a very important person for us”.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GilbertoMertins

I will say something most disagree; anyway, I have a Nokia N97 mini, I use the phone every day, I expecience (is this word right?) no bugs (or no bugs I notice); have about just 20 programs, both freeware and bought. Have no games at all. Sometimes, let’s say, once a month, I do have to take the battery out, because the phone freezes, what, I guess, it’s because a no so well written software I bought, but have to use; this software works fine most of the time (oh, it rhymed!, nice). The reason I want an upgrade it is not because I have a buggy phone, I do not think it is the case; the reason I want an upgrade is different: why all the other Nokia phones have? I want it also. That’s it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

:smileysad:

SLOW menu , MESSAGING & etc

WE need SOFTWARE UPGRADE!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

whene we started this post I"m 22 years old but last night i"m die in alone
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Come on Nokia give us poor N97 users some info.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kiyagaedwin

Whenever i look at this i laugh....Nokia Nokia....i know someone from NOkia reads this forum....so i will get to the point.... I bought this n97 a day after release and i have to say ..Nokia really did some good advertising and it worked lets say fairy well...i mean the keyboard and all..and the first firmware update was good...then came horror....i loved the n97 that i set youtube channel helping people out and i even joined an n97 forum where i was top administrator.....i was among the first to hear v3.0 is coming out....we sent our expectations.....no reply......damn i gave up on my n97 ..it is just here i now use my iphone ....the only problem with these new phones ie iphone and android....they r social phones ....they are not working class phones....the n97 had that touch.....i gave up on anything called symbian.......up to now ....am just waiting to see the reviews of this new nokia OS ......lets hope it is good coz when i it doesnt live up...boys i might remain with iphone forever.......NOKIA I KNOW YOU HAVE MADE ERRORS BUT IT IS SIMPLE JUST ONE REPLY TO SAY NEW FIRMWARE NOT COMING SOON.....HURTS....I WAITED  AND WAITED AND WAITED TILL I GAVE UP......IPHONE UPDATES ARE THE BEST ...NONETHELESS AN IPHONE ISNT A PHONE 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mnia786

Lol troll. Supposedly an admin yet you can't write paragraphs? Tbh, the new CFW's for Nokia's are doing a better job than Nokia are with their fw. We get what we want, when we want! Pity no core or uboot or we would have ultimate control over our phones.

Nokia N9 PR 1.3
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

Hello Nokia,

I have being following the discussion board for 1 year and i have not post any messega before. This is my first post. I picked this subject especially for my first.

First of all, i want to tell the story how i bought N97. One and half year ago, when i decided to change my phone, i compared two brand model, N97 and iphone 3GS. I made a check list at which there were capabilities of these two phones. At that list N97 had more pluses (+) than iphone. Finaly, I picked N97, because N97 promised more functionality to customers at  advertisements and because i am an old nokia user.

Now, i am very un happy with my phone, i wish i bought iphone. It can not do anything efficiently as it promised. Always i afraid from it re-starts when i am talking with. I afraid from installing any application because of its low "C: memory". when i want to make something it always freezes. etc. I am sure that my next phone wont be a Nokia.

Finally, i see that Nokia have to make something immediately for this phone. But i can not see anything. This topic is almost most posted topic. Nokia, you should see this. If you have not scheduled any update yet, you should/must make one after this topic.

Nokia make my phone as the phone you promised me. I don not want much. Just do it as it should be.  

Please use plain text.
isl22

Mr unhappy, I knw wer u are coming from.

I USED to be a dedicated nokia buyer. My first phone was the 3650 and i liked it so much. Ever since that, I stuck to buying nokia's flagships. So I was a proud owner of the N73 and N82, of which both had a highly respected niche in the market.

Then came along N97. I was really excited to have one, that, like my other fellow Nokia users, I favoured over an iPhone 3GS.

After my disappointes year and a half with the N97, i eventually gave up with Nokia.

I didn't bother testing the N8. Appologies to the N8 users, but its **bleep**, becuase its changed much from the n97 GUI. I am a proud owner of an iPhone 4 now.

If someone was to say to me 5 years ago "what do u think of the N97?" I would'v sed its bullet proof. But in today's world, it's actually not. Things have moved so fast and Nokia are still trailing behind in the past. Nokia's players are light years ahead of them.

I blame nokia's corporate infustructure for all this failiure. Because if it had a good infustructure, then it would have been listenin to its customers, rather neglecting them and driving their market share away to its competitors.

Ps. Nokia, I am an Accounting and Finance Student based in the UK. Let me know if you are recrutting. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

JUST 3 DAYS remain till 1st Feb.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

what happens on 1 February ?
Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

what happens on 1 February ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

...nothing would happen

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Maybe NEW firmware!

Exactly LIKE previous YEAR :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
0QUICK0

I have given up on the N97 despite my device being only a year old and have instead purchased the HTC Desire HD. Nokia is a dying company and I will never purchase another Nokia product ever again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajamir786

Although Nokia is the largest mobile phone maker in the business in the past many have remarked that Nokia needs to move from Symbian to another platform in order to compete in today’s smartphone market, and that may well be on the cards.

According to an article over on Daily Mobile by way of their forums, and the Wall Street Journal, Nokia may be contemplating a switch to another platform, which could end up being Android or even Windows Phone 7.

Apparently after Nokia’s Q4 report at a conference call, Nokia chief exec Stephen Elop, apparently spoke about Nokia needed to change “rapidly” and should consider “multiple ecosystem patterns.” This statement caused investors to believe that Nokia may be gearing up to adopt a new smartphone platform.

According to CSS Insight analyst Geoff Blaber, it was clear that Elop was hinting that either Nokia is considering or has already decided to adopt a new operating system and Blaber commented that the most likely would be Android.

On the option of going with Windows Phone 7 over Android, Blaber says that as Android is much bigger than Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7, Nokia switching to the bigger platform is more likely.

So if Nokia was to adopt a new mobile operating system and finally wave goodbye to Symbian, do our readers think Nokia should opt for Android or go with the younger WP7 OS?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajamir786

Nokia: Hoping For Something On February 11th

Responses continue to dribble in regarding  from Nokia (NOK), which was coupled with a forecast for revenue to decline this quarter more than would be expected for this time of year, and a forecast for lower operating margin.

Nothing said yesterday resolved concerns — among both bulls and bears — about how Nokia will keep its device offerings competitive. For that, analysts are now awaiting Nokia’s Capital Markets Day in London on February 11th, when they hope to get an explanation of the strategy. That meeting, I would note, will be followed the next week by the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

Still, analysts dutifully adjusted price targets and estimates today:

Jeff Kvaal, Barclays Capital: Reiterates an Overweight rating on the shares and a $14 price target. The company’s weak Q1 forecast puts even more focus on capital markets day. He expects that meeting will offer a “meaningful boost” to Nokia’s “long unfolding recovery story.” He notes units of phones based on the Symbian version 3 operating system clocked in at 5 million, above his estimates for 3.5 million units, a good sign. Still, the quarter’s revenue is being held back in part by component constraints and by a product portfolio that’s gotten long in the tooth, he observes. He writes Nokia’s “preference for owning its operating system appears to be softening, though confirmation must wait.” Kvaal lowered his EPS estimate for this year to €0.83 from €0.97, while slightly raising his revenue estimate to $44.2 billion from $44.16 billion.

Didier Scemama, RBS: Maintains a Buy rating and a €10 target price on the ordinary shares, and urges investors to focus on the prospect of earnings recovery at Nokia “if the new CEO addresses the company’s challenges.” He doubts Nokia will chuck the Symbian OS overboard, though there’ve been calls to do so. The company has a lot invested in Symbian, has another version on the way, and wants to use it to differentiate less costly devices from those at the high end running its forthcoming MeeGo platform. He’s expecting to hear some debate at the meeting, too, about the role of the Nortel-Siemens Networks infrastructure division within Nokia. Scemama raised his 2011 revenue estimate to $46.34 billion, but cut his EPS outlook to €0.61 cents from €0.68 cents, calling this quarter’s forecast disappointing. He sees the prospect for Nokia to make €1 per share in 2012, on $50 billion in revenue, though for the moment he’s only modeling $48.7 billion and €0.75.

Lee Simpson, Jefferies & Co.: Reiterates an Underperform rating on the ordinary shares and a €6.50 price target. Without a portfolio “overhaul,” margins and market share won’t survive, he writes. The company’s at risk of continued pressure on prices from smartphone competitors and from competitors such as Samsung (SSNLF) and Huawei at the low end. He notes average selling price rose in the quarter, but unit shipments of 124 million fell short of the consensus 130 million. The result is a rut: Does Nokia hold onto market share, or hold onto profit. The sub-10% forecast for operating margin “speak of Nokia’s ongoing concern.” Simpson raised his estimate for this year to €46 billion from €44.8 billion previously, and cut EPS to €0.49 from €0.50.

Please use plain text.