Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Sage

Pleased that you finally have a device that works froschy... Guess we won't see you on this forum again then!

Your comments re the N97 and Nokia are spot on.  It seems that for the N8 etc. Nokia have finally woken up to the need to communicate with customers ... It is disgraceful that they are still burying their head in the sand regarding the N97 though.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@Froschy @all N97..... It is so sad to see the number one mobile company in the world with such a bad communication with their loyal customers. This Lemon was and still is a bad purchase and I will never go back to Nokia for now. I'm still waiting for a solution from their part  and if nothing happens by June, I will be force to go with Android.

Enjoy your new device @froschy and thank you for all your support.

We are still waiting for responce to all this notes here !!

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
NOKIA - no more LEMON N97.!! ( Android) is Plan for JAN2011
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@ecoN97
@Froschy

Good luck guys with your new devices.

@All

Now I'm trying "to work" with iPhone 3G ... just for fun. N97 next to old iPhone 3G... How terrible to see how big the difference in UI can be.

I'll wait 2 months and then.... guys.... see you... with nokia... but ....in next life only (not sure too) :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cmips

Reading all the post I realize that Nokia has left customers aside, I acquire my N97 because it was an incredible looking smart phone, I hope that we get a FW update soon to fix all bugs with this unit, please remember that you owe your faithful customers at least that.....improvements needed........ Mine still looking like new!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

Is it hard to say "yes, we ar working on new fw" or "there will be no any new fw for N97"? I can not understand...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AngryBird66

This is hard to understand, I agree. As most of the original posters in this thread, I have moved on and bought an Android phone since a while back. I was curious to see what was happening here only to discover that nothing was happening at all... Well, my old N97 was an expensive effing proof of so much wasted money... I can not fathom anyone who has ever owned a N97 or mini to ever buy a Nokia product ever again. Yep, too many evers... for Nokia

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

Hey NOKIA N97 support TEAM!

WHAT are u doing?

Are u STILL alive?

WE need NEW firmware as u promissed US.

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

there is NO SUPPORT team for n97.
Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nofxdude

I'm a proud owner of a HTC Desire now. I can't describe how happy I am with it. Nokia has lost me for good, along with a lot of other people it would seem. How can they ever expect any N97 users to ever purchase a Nokia smartphone again? My experience with the N97 and Nokia over this past year has been a waste of my time and my money. I am so happy to say good bye.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

well ... let's hope the 2011 Fall's Symbian update will be better.

by the way, why can't we install Symbian ^3 on N97?   I mean, you got 32GB ram on the E Drive...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mstandl

that's no ram on the e: drive, it is just super slow "normal" memory for music, pics etc. (btw. not the first time this question has been answered :-))

ram and cpu are much too low for s^3 and above all you don't have a gpu in this horrible device :-) i already moved on or better moved back to an e72 and i'm much more happy with this thing than i was with n97. not to mention all the useless time i spent to tweak the "device"...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PeterS15

Hello there.

I read with interest in my Sunday newspaper yesterday that one of the most popular phones in their mobile phone recycling scheme is - the Nokia N97.

Now that is something for Nkia to be proud of.

Like everyone on this forum I am appalled with the way Nokia is treating it's customer base on this phone, and the performance of the phone itself..

I, like probably many more, purchased the N97 thinking it was a top of the range phone and going to last.

I have been with Nokia for many years. However, when I am ready to buy a new phone I'm afraid this time I will be looking to another brand. And it will be mainly because Nokia is not doing anything about this issue. If they intend to or not, they should say so.

Apart from the people who have contributed to this thread, I'm sure there are many more who are subscribed to it, and learning!

Talk to your Customers, Nokia. You are in the Communications Industry!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

A very good point, "Talk to your Customers, Nokia. You are in the Communications Industry!".

What can you expect from a company that play at communications industry without any communication with its customers? It is like a car without wheels.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vasiboss

[ Edited ]

I just got a SMS : " O actualizare software este disponibila pentru N97 de la Nokia. Pentru detalii, vizitati www.nokia.ro/softwareupdate "

Translation: "A software update is available for the Nokia N97. For details, visit www.nokia.ro/softwareupdate"

My phone software is v22 so it must be a new one!

but

Please use plain text.
Contributor
korczi

[ Edited ]

i have got the same sms in Poland. But also no new version available yet. Hope the new firmware is comming for real this time...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

information for nokia's emplyee:

Hi all,

we're working on PR2.0 for the n97mini and will release in Q2 2011 still. I'll update you as soon as we have the official release date!

BR,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

what about N97? not the N97 Mini

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abusima

N97 new firmware 30.0.016

[ Edited ]

On N97 with maps 3.06 I can't navigate zu adress from my contacs (it was possible with maps 3.04). I don't have a botton in Maps and I don't have a botton in Contacs for navigation to the adress. Did we need a new Firmware?

PLEASE- Nokia-boys- give us N97-USERS the navigation to contacts back. This is only a little point of software from version 3.04 to 3.06... and we also have a feeling how N8..... Thanks

I like my N97- Please give us a new firmware for N97 (no the mini version), if you want, that we will by a nother nokia phone...

Does NOKIA work for N97?

v. 22.0.110 N97 RM-505

Moderator Note: Non-English language removed. Presently, Nokia Support Discussions accepts only content posted in English.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
korczi

Nokia is really **bleep** me off!!! First they send me SMS that the new firmware is available and after few days theres still no new version. If you dont want to give us new firmware ok. But sending messages about new firmware and not giving it is just wrong...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cijo77

If you check sw update,  "internal radio" is available for download for N97. Strangely after I installed, it gives me a timed out error!! ( Any way I don't need it which eats my C memory)

Please use plain text.