Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Contributor
korczi

So thats the big update that they were informing me about?? Congratulations Nokia...really... Great joke :-| This Company is getting better and better :-(

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

[ Edited ]

Nokia Chat v2.05(125) S60v5 SymbianOS9.4 Signed {All-In-One IM-Instant Messenger}.
Compatibility: Nokia N97, 5230, 5250, 5530, 5800, C5-03, C6-00, and X6 (availability may vary by operator and region).
Chat 2.5 application availability information for the Nokia N97 mini and Chat for the Nokia N8 and other Symbian^3 powered devices will be forthcoming.

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=628618&d=1300440766

whit this release nokia respect this promission..(but  without N97 Firmware PR3 - 3x.x.x )

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/messaging/messaging-chat/how-to-use-chat

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cijo77

Since chat is not integrated with firmware, once again it is of no use for N97 users as it takes another 10Mb space on C.

Ovi map 3.06, chat etc are already out and still no news about PR3!! Perhaps it may be an indication that there is no such PR3 for us!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

I think we have seen similar post which suggest there is a PR3 for N97 a while back ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

It's like former announcements, there is a new FW for the N97mini, but no new FW for the N97.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

people, nokia's n97 and mini are the same device's with a same FW! when nokia will relase firmware for one of them, also will update second one....

differents between 97/mini is disk space and transmiter (and LCD), nothing more.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Not completely true.

N97 mini has bigger disk c:

It is one of the biggest problem and very limited factor on N97.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

WHY NOKIA not to release us new firmware?

where is PROBLEM?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

[ Edited ]

WE spend MUCH money . PLEASE,PLEASE release a new firmware

MODERATOR"S NOTE:   We would like to inform you that we have edited your post. Please refrain from using inappropriate words  for us to maintain a friendly environment on this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
houdini1302

[ Edited ]

Hello all

Having read this thread start to Finnish. How is it that nokia don't reply to this thread 

I see an awful lot of mod police but no reply from nokia 

what's the problem a communications company afraid to talk to it's customers

that shelled out serious money for their "Flagship" phone and they are not happy with it ?

Seems to me that nokia are loseing their high end customers to htc apple and any other android phones

Why not fix the bugs on the n97 at least make it a bit more usable for the customer ?

why not tell the customer if and when a firmware release will come ?

some of us like the n97 i have had 3 of them !

why make people wait to jump ship if you are not going to release a firmware upgrade 

the bad press from word of mouth alone should worry you nokia

What happend to the nokia that built rock soilid phones ?

the build quailty of the latest bunch of nokia's is poor at best ie. paint coming off the buttons

and the like outsourced much ?

come on nokia pick the ball up and get your head back in the game

regards

a nokia fan but loosing hope 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

I CANT understand WHY CHAT & SOCIAL NETWOTKING dont AVAILABLE for N97 device WHILE AT NOKIA website ADVERTISED it!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

I think, they are trying to forget both N97 failure and N97 itself, besides N97 users.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

I FULLY AGREE with U !!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

MANY update for C & N series Devises recently BUT NOTHNIG for N97 yet!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bianca_garcia

I couldn't agree more!

I will never buy a Nokia phone again! hahaha!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bianca_garcia

Hi!

I'm from Brazil, and I face the same problems concerning my Nokia phone.

Here, Nokia support crew treats users as complete idiots... the person I talked to didn't know the difference between FIRMWARE and HARDWARE......... so..... Maybe they just don't understand criticism... hahaha!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It is amazing that within seconds Nokia can delete a hilarious tongue in cheek post by another member ... But despite the fact that Nokia staff are now thankfully responding to questions about firmware updates posted on the forum and even posting update schedules, no Nokia staff have responded to the many questions posed in this thread!

@skyee indicated a while ago in another thread that there would be a firmware update for the N97mini but there have been no further comments on this.

It would be nice to have clear answers from Nokia on the key questions:

1) Will there be an update for the N97 and/or N97 mini firmware?

2) If so when (even approximately) is it hoped that they would be released?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

Any answer? NO. Almost ONE YEAR has passed after the first  post on this topic.  unbelievable, one year, and still there is neither an improvement nor a reply to the users. This may be only reason to not to buy a Nokia phone anymore. 

Please use plain text.
sanjeev98

[ Edited ]

latest software is 22.0.110.

AND it is updated via Nokia OVI Suite yesterday. Just to mention, before that there was no problen with my phone and i did the update to be up to date.(to check the innovations it would bring in the mobile).

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

i can no more make call after the update. i can send and recieve messages. What left me more angry is the total disappearance of the WLAN. Yes i have no WLAN now on my NOkia N97 smartphone AFTER the latest UPdate to 22.0.110. Can you imagine a smartphone without WIFI. the icon has disappeared in the connectivity menu. i tried using internet, but I get no connectivity.

IS  this an upgrade or downgrade? who knows? only NOKIA. maybe...

MODERATOR'S NOTE:   We would like to inform you that we have edited your post. Please refrain from using inappropriate words  for us to maintain a friendly environment on this public forum.

Please use plain text.
sanjeev98

my wife has been using Iphone 3gs since one year.

whenever there's an update, u get the detailed changes with descriptions (and demo sometimes). AND these updates REALLY make differences on the phone operating system. till now no problem yet on IPhone 3gs. touchwood

Please use plain text.