Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

ChRoM3

I have been checking almost every day for an update for my N97 since the last release was such a failure, I have also been reading this thread since it began and I must say I have never been so disappointed in my life.

My entire family proudly owned Nokias as I always told everybody that they were the best…till now! I have now finally decided to wash my hands totally of Nokia for good!

We have all invested in BlackBerrys and IPhones, I must say I am satisfied with the change, this coming from a Die-hard Nokia fan!

All I got to say is…

Thank you Nokia for opening new avenues and showing us that there is better than a Nokia out there!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I, too, have to thank Nokia for showing me the way. Yesterday I got my Ipad and the next thing will be the Iphone. Thank you again, Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

There is the final version of ovi maps 3.06 (but not available for the n97 classic, thx Nokia)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

[ Edited ]

@crezk
where did you find information?
could you paste the link.

From my side i think here is a relationship between OVI Maps and new announced release date of FW.

my actuall V of Ov is: 3.06 10wk50 b12

update:

Sorry but I can to download newest OVI maps form Ovi store, I've already installed it on my N97 mini.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

Nokia Ovi Maps Final v3.06(637) S60v5 SymbianOS9.4 Signed {FINALLY OUT OF BETA}
Compatibility: Ovi Maps for mobile v3.06 is available on the following devices:

S60 5th Edition: N97, N97 mini, X6, C6-00, 5800XM, 5235, 5230 & 5230 Nuron

Please note that S60 3rd Edition, FP1 or FP2 devices (non-touch) are not supported in this release

https://d.ovi.com/p/g/store/3522672/ovi_maps_installer_3_06_11wk10_b01_s60_5_0_196540.sis?q=EO9F-CZI...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

@yanqemil
above link to repacked version of ovi doesn't work on my cell after installation.
First of all I've uninstalled current version from my N, and then I was installed this package but after installation I can see only old (preinstalled) version of OVI.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cijo77

@yanqemil

I uninstalled "nokia maps" from C and tried to install it, but got an error. Signed the app and tried again, still couldn't install. It would have been wonderful if we could install the map on E (or on Z with a f/w upgrade) to save about 10 MB on C. Unfortunately, Nokia doesn't care their customers anymore, so the only option left is follow other loyal Nokia customers and jump the ship.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

There is NO new anything!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elikoil

Hi, I'm from Israel I have been watching for a long time after this thread and I just do not understand Nokia's disregard of it. I've always been a satisfied customer of Nokia. For years. Never disappointed her as now. I see no reference to the part after all. It seems that they abandoned in favor of purchasers of the N97 Symbian 3rd acquire new equipment. I want to tell you Nokia. Here in Israel, people do not forgive you. You are just pathetic!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
holybone202

hi all, i'm in Nigeria, this afternoon i visited nokia care point in Lagos, and i was told they have update for n97 mini, but it would take 2hrs before i get my phone back. Since they were about closing, i was advised to come back 2morow. Now if there's one for n97 mini, there could as well be one for n97. I'l keep you posted 2mrow. My only fear after going through this thread is if the nokia care people actually know what they're doing, else why not allow us update via OTA, or via Ovi suite. Even an announcement would help. Only people like skyee and other nokia staff can enligthen us. Feel bad seeing his constant posts on other threads and ignoring N97/N97 mini threads.
As for the map. I did install it this morning through software update. And its working fine on the MiNI.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

crezk wrote:

There is the final version of ovi maps 3.06 (but not available for the n97 classic, thx Nokia)

The newest version of ovi maps is now available via software update (in the phone menu).

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes, I could update new Ovi Maps 3.6 on my N97 too, but.... of course, there is not enough memory for update :smileymad:

Now I have to hunt what and how to make free space on my C drive...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

verify if is posible to take bakeup action on the phone..if error Full Memory need uninstal nokia ovi maps beta, etc.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crezk

corleo wrote:

Yes, I could update new Ovi Maps 3.6 on my N97 too, but.... of course, there is not enough memory for update :smileymad:

Now I have to hunt what and how to make free space on my C drive...

Yes, I had the same problems, but you can reinstall the uninstalled things after the update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

I have uninstalled everything...

only installed the ovi map

so far so good ... guess this is the only way .. I suppose

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had on my C drive just approx. 4MB free space. Then I uninstalled old Ovi Maps 3.06 and installed new Ovi Maps 3.6. Without problems.

But installing new Ovi Maps is still not the solution how to make real flagship from my N97.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
berkybb

nokia please give me my update v22.still not available for turkey
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

You should have v22.  Because, I have being already running on v22 with RM505 in Turkey for almost 6 months.

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

I have v22 and waiting for PR3 for rm-505.nokia waiting to we sell our phone and after that released PR3 & PR2
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
berkybb

my n97 code 0591091.nokia making fun to us=( i hate nokia
Please use plain text.