Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 new firmware 30.0.016

N97Mini6

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Version 60 will soon be released for 5800.
N97 mini Throw in trash.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@cijo77 - Same with me - my last Nokia! Not because of the problems, but because the way Nokia handles them and handles customers.
Please use plain text.
Rimasb

I’m still waiting when Skype will be integrated into Nokia N97.

“Skype will be part of the address book in the device, enable users to easily see when their Skype contacts are online”

It is a promise who gave to us Scott Durchslag, Skype’s Chief Operating Officer and Jose-Luis Martinez, Vice President.

Source: http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/02/17/skype-to-be-integrated-into-nokia-devices/

Please use plain text.
Professor
froschy

@cijo77 & loriot - I totally agree, even as bad as the N97 has been the way that Nokia have handled it and their customers is even worse.
Nokia N97 (RM-507) v 22
iPhone 4 (Coming Soon) - Lemon N97 - SE - Nokia 8210 - Nokia 7710 - Nokia 5100
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Good point @Rimasb ...

Nokia need to remember (and it seems constantly reminded) that N97 buyers are not complaining that the device is now out of date and that 1 1/2 years on there are better devices on the market.

Rather we are complaining that 1 1/2 years on the N97 still does not have the functions and features (including the deeply integrated skype) that we were promised when we purchased our N97s.

In effect, the features and functions of the N97 were misrepresented by Nokia and Nokia has done nothing in the intervening period to remedy this.

In terms of the UK Sales of Good Act, IMHO, the N97 was not fit for the purpose for which it was sold and was of unmerchantable quality. 

It is sad that, like many others that have commented on this and other threads, after having been a long standing Nokia customer (over 13 years) I am appalled at the way Nokia has treated customers that purchased N97.  Like so many other have said, unless Nokia resolves this debacle, I will never buy another Nokia product again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Agree with you @frosch
The treatment to n97 customers is extremely bad. I am also one of their loyal customers who is saying to Nokia, bye bye, even if I think they deserve a law suit not having delivered what have been announced published and advertised...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Borkis72

My last Nokia ever,  my new phone will be this: XPERIA™ arc | Android Touch-telefon – Sony Ericsson

Goodbye Nokia, may you not rest in peace!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crazyteknohed

Somebody at Nokia must've read this thread, surely? And yet they still ignore us?

I reckon a few Apple employees have infiltrated the company as it seems that Nokia are doing their utmost to convince us to buy an iPhone/Android/whatever.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cijo77

Hello Nokia, we are not asking for an upgrade from symbian^1 to symbian^3. We just want you to fix the bugs and improve the performance of our phone. Can't we at least expect this from you?

Please use plain text.
Sage

I almost wonder if Nokia is deliberately trying to fail with phones (N97, N8) to try and qualify for "bail-out" money.

I'm especially disappointed in the "Free Premium Ovi Apps" in the Ovi store promotion going on now...after trying them, I've uninstalled them.  Maybe the apps are good on some handsets, but not on the N97--they run poorly.

I think though that I may have found a way around some limitation of the N97...using X-plore to edit .html files with embeded scripts so that I can do some ActiveX exercise on the platform.  I started doing this on my Nokia 9300, but it had a decent editor on it which I could use to edit .html with.

The N97 doesn't even have a decent editor and the Quickoffice document editor won't let you ignore the file extension.  The N97 File Manager won't even let you change file extensions to get around the limitations of Quickoffice.

How long have we been waiting for this "final" bug-fix firmware update?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
korczi

Im sure that they read this thread cuz they delete many inconvenient posts... Im pretty sure that they read this and make jokes about us... for being foolish enough to buy their device :smileysad:

Im going to change my n97 but its pretty hard to find somebody who would like to buy it... Unfortunately I don't have enough money buy another expensive device now

Please use plain text.
Irhad

[ Edited ]

Listen to this guys. I got it via E-Mail today.

Dear Iki,

If you Still a Nokia N97 Owner, Nokia has Made some Decisions about this Device So Please, Read the Topic Below as its very Important and we want you to know that we will always continue to Support you More and More.

Regards,
The Nokia Team.

Unfortunately, We Got Some Bad NEWS! Nokia has Decided not to improve the Nokia N97 Software and will Not provide Any Major Updates Only Minor Updates (e.g. V25, V23 ...etc) and these updates will be available During 2011 but After that Nokia N97 will not get any More SW Updates. This may not solve all the N97 Bugs but its still an Update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vollpfosten

I can't believe that they have the guts to do that to us after we have spend over 500 Euro for this piece of ****.

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

nokia has very very sens of humer.hey guys all of you listen to me
Laugh out loud
ha...ha...ha...ha..ha
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g0rsky

@Irhad, you seriously have got message from Nokia Team with information about not-continue developing of our n97?

They kiddin' or just it you?

Nokia u'r f..... **bleep** and chief i want my money back...

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

His nokia in his pocket
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanqemil

Amazing how quickly this story with no major upgrade firmware N97 spread on the Internet.
 Bad publicity for Nokia. Very good

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

"

Dear Iki,

If you Still a Nokia N97 Owner, Nokia has Made some Decisions about this Device So Please, Read the Topic Below as its very Important and we want you to know that we will always continue to Support you More and More.

Regards,
The Nokia Team."

Given how poor the English is in that "email" I am guessing that it is made up.  Every second word is capitalized and other obvious gramtic mistakes.

Anyway - Nokia is not breaking any records and they likley won't update the N97 - they are in a tough position.  I won't be buying another Nokia product unless it is WM7 or Android.  N97 is the worst phone I have ever owned and the most expernsive as I bought it on its release date.

I'm sure everyone who works at Nokia is embarrassed - but that is not going to update our phones - the numbers just would not make sense, they'd be better off giving us all a gift certificate for a new phone.

And thanks for deleting my previous posts - great PR.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GilbertoMertins

The e-mail is so obviously false! I can’t understand how someone can believe it; English is not my native language, but it is necessary to have a really bad grammar to write like that. I don’t think Finish people do not know how to write in English.

The e-mail is a joke. And is just distracting us from the point: where does the firmware update will be ready for download?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I was waiting for the new firmware for Nokia N97. Unfortunately Nokia did not (will not?) release new update so i changed my phone to N8. Maybe this is the aim of the Nokia? If you want update you should change your smartphone...
Regards,
erura

E7-00, RM-626, 013.016 PR1.1
Please use plain text.