Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Counsellor

Re: N97 new firmware 30.0.016

Well I am another who is off to HTC. I do not think I will ever get another Nokia phone again, this is after having then for over 10 years.

Paul

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I was jogging yesterday with my N97 and Nokia Sports Tracker App. Suddenly I noticed lovely sunrise. Ok, no problem. I took my N97 opened lens cover and wanted to take some pictures. And result?
I waited approx 10 seconds (!!!) until the photo app started then I took picture and... in that moment started my phone rebooting.
I think it's useless to create another topic about Sports Tracker or Photo App. I'm sure, guys from NOKIA. In this case and in many many other cases You made a mistake not me. I PAID MY MONEY and MY FREE TIME for it, so It would be fair from you just to repair your beta firmware 22.0.110 and make from my ****ing phone real and working phone.

NOKIA....thanx

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

well Nokia ... as I said earlier ...

If you can't get the fundamental fixed , the platform fixed up ...

no matter what brilliant application you have, no customer will be happy because the application can't function correctly on a problematic phone !!!!!

plz, get the phone work the way it was ment to be ....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cijo77

It is the time to move on  to other brands since Nokia is busy with new plat form and ( Symbian 3 - for the time being).  It would be naive to believe a v30 will ever come out specially when ovi map 3.06 and chat are already available which we thought will come with a v30 upgrade. Many loyal customers already left with anger and frustration. I am just waiting for Gal*** II.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gabriellow1990

Yes totally agree with you.. I'm waiting for Galaxy S II to be released so I can finally get a new phone that works as it should. So thanks a lot Nokia.. If it wasn't for N97 I wouldn't have realize there are great phones and os like.. Android OS, Android phones.. Yes, they have it's own issues too, but I don't mind because compared to all N97 issues it's not a big issue.. .At all. True N97 has one of the best(if not the best) battery life(and it still does) compared to any other Android I've seen from my friends or even all the other Nokia device I've used to have.. But what's the use of great battery life when all we can do is seeing the phone rebooting/crashing/freezing popping out "Memory full" message?

-Making phone calls- crash
-Receiving phone call- ringtone crash
-Downloading apps-memory full
-Browse music player-freeze

-Doing nothing- random restart/switch off

And I don't even wanna talk about
-the loose slide lock

-and the camera flash issues

And till now it's 2011 and it's still not yet fixed(FYI; all my previous phones were Nokia until the N97, which makes me fed up) too bad such a great looking phone but those issues... Sigh

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurulbahir

I am also waiting Iphone5 to be released. Until iphone5, i will keep using poor nokia's poor N97 (because i had paid 750 euros already). Sure, this is my last nokia phone. After my new phone, i will try to inform people not to buy nokia by telling pity N97 story and nokia's failures. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
berkybb

yesterday i went to nokia shop and shouted the employers.i am very furious about my n97 cause i didnt use it almays freeze rebooting and very slov.i never never buy a nokia again.all my friends gave their nokias to recycle bin and trash box.we all hate nokia and symbian.i give 1000$.i want money back nokia heyyy can you hear me? Iam very FURIOUS heyyy=(
Please use plain text.
Richard81

Amen brother!  Can't wait for the Galaxy S II and to get rid of this piece of non supported trash!  I've even identified one of the major problems with the C drive memory loss and they still haven't fixed it... Nokia support sux!!  BTW in case your wondering it's caused by the Nokia email client switching back to C drive.  Wonderful Nokia support says to simply change it back to E.  Well the morons forgot that each time it changes to C it creates a new file which NEVER gets deleted.  Do this enough times and guess what, your drive fills up!  I've been fixing it by unistalling the client and reinstalling it once a week since Nokia locked us out of the folder that contains the files.  Thanks again morons!  Can't wait to get Android!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

FAO any Nokia employee

Right....... any Nokia employees, please can you answer one simple question? Has support for further N97 firmware releases been discontinued?

It's not a lot to ask..... An answer is the least that we all deserve.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
desnokkiado

After suffering for 2 years, the n97, this week I finally could get rid of him forever. I bought a htc incredible s. It was my first and last nokia. Never again. I promise
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
estekelemberg

:smileysad:

WHAT r u DOING NOKIA!!!

shame on u:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

nokia betrayed us...some one have betrayed....I never did
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I followed this discussion as a guest for more than a year.

Proud to own an iPhone since a week. I don't like Apple but the phone just works as it should,

not like the "iPhone-Killer N97".

I liked my 3210, 3310, 7650, 3650, 3660, N95 and many more, but this was my last one.

Bye bye, Nokia !

Excuse my bad english :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

Still waiting for the latest patch for N97 this year ..

See how it works

Please use plain text.
Sage
solid97

Nokia MUST delete the page nokia chat or must released PR3
I'm not her...Never was...Never will be..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

Well, I think they should at least let us know whether or not there will be an update coming for N97

and when will the update come?

I don't think it's fair to hang all the N97 user here ...

If there won't be any update coming, then we can move on to our next phone

If there is an update coming within 2 ~ 3 months, then maybe some customer can wait and see

I think Its terrible to let the speculations of a next N97 updates grow for the N97 owners and let them wait till next year and hoping that the N97 owners will just migrate to the next WP7 phone from Nokia ... I think this will be the worst move for Nokia.

to Nokia thread moderators ...

Can we please have answer regarding this issues before we reach message 1000 ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

Next update is coming "soon"... LOL next update is coming never or in sometime 2012. Thats for sure.

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
freak_l0ve

theres a new firmware for n97 mini in Q2 2011 announced by skyee (employee) . Maybe theres also new firmware for n97 this year .. Lets h0ping :smileyhappy:
Nokia made me pr0ud !
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AngryBird66

Since I scrapped my N97 for a ZTE Blade I have been checking out this forum every two weeks or so, and I am amazed that there are still brave N97 owners expecting an update for this abandoned phone. The N97 was the last chance for Nokia to get a hold of the smartphone market and they blew it in a spectacular style. Abandoning an unfinished product is a high risk, people paid a high price for a dysfunctional product which tainted their image of the whole brand and these people will most likely never buy a N8 or E7 or whatever the devices are called. Regardless of operating system. I think on a personal note, this is beyond Symbian. The loyal Nokia customers were betrayed and abandoned, so the brand Nokia is not relevant to them anymore, with WP7 or Android or whatever.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
takeshi

Well ... its almost May ... we shall see if things came out for N97 in the end

Symbian is not a terrible OS, the problem is how Nokia support its customer.

Common ... Software is called Software is because it's "soft" ware

developer can modify to the needs of environment.

It's much easier then modifying an already build sky scraper or pryamid ....

Please use plain text.