Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 with Product Code 0586701 - when will we f...

Advisor

Re: N97 with Product Code 0586701 - when will we finally have update?!

Hello,

I had received strange reply from Nokia. Below is the questions which i asked them and followed by Nokia answer.

------------- My Questions -------------

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the mail.

However, my question is again product code "0586701" is unbranded and it is sold in Germany. The other product code "0576355" also from Germany has the new firmware version.

So what is the difference between product code "0576355" and "0586701"? Since my device PC is unbranded so there is no question of any network/operator approval.

Secondly, why Nokia is taking more than 2 months time to approve firmware v20 (forget about new V21 version) for unbranded device. Don't you think Nokia should give the explanation for the delay since we are paying 600 Euros directly to Nokia and given second hand treatment?

-

Regards,

-------------

------------- NOKIA Reply -------------

Dear Mr. Chakraborty,

thank you for contacting NOKIA Care.

We would like to inform you, that we have no information about firmwareversions and firmware availibility.

Please ask a Nokia Care Point, if he can give you information about firmwareupdates.

You can find following Nokia Care Points near you:

Handy Welt

Schloßmühlendamm 4

21073 Hamburg

Tel.: 0 40 97072884

West Com GmbH

Bergedorfer Straße 124

21029 Hamburg

Tel.: 0 40 73923085

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact us again

Kind regards

Mrs Nowacki

NOKIA Care

[THREAD ID:1-4X7JQ31]

-------------

Please suggest what should be done now?

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ask them to replace your phone as they do not seem to be able to provide a proper service for it.

I have told the provider I bought the phone from that if I do not get answer from them that is at least giving me an idea when to expect the update I want Nokia to give me a phone that will update itself properly. (still like the N97, justfed-up with the service Nokia is offering) I will never succumb to the Apple Maffia. 

In fact if it is not updatable it must be faulty! 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You could ask them to send you a new N97 with the new updates while you wait for your phone.

I'm don't really see why they don't give us a green light to update our software. This is really terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE!!:smileymad:

Black N-97 V.22.0.110 CV.22.0.110.238.04 -Rm-505Code : 0586701Direct from NOKIA warehouse. :smileysad:
NOKIA - no more LEMON N97.!! ( Android) is Plan for JAN2011
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had already asked for new N97 from Nokia but as expected, they will not give any replacement. I had purchased this from amazon.de and they told that they can repair or replaced the phone since its only 4 months old. I will wait for another 1 week to see what happening with firmware update. If no update is available then I will send the phone back to amazon.de with all the mails received from Nokia DON'T CARE.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

As I bought my phone from my provider I will not even bother with Nokia themselves.

My provider needs to keep me happy. How they solve their issue with Nokia is not my problem. After writing to Nokia and getting the standard help centre reply that all of us a familiar with I have not pursued it any further.

It is however amazing that they have adds runnig for the maps software and current owners cannot even get their hands on it.

I still find it amazing the there is absolutely no response whatsoever from Nokia on this thread, but I assume they are going for the Apple approach:

"as long as we do not confirm there is a problem, there is no problem."

If any Nokia person reads this: provide us with information.

I personaly do not care if it takes another 3 months to fix this iisue but than tell me/us.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
u_v_m

Up

Thanks you for no regulare Update Nokia

Just read Signature and wonder :smileytongue:

Nokia N97, PC 0586701 RM-505
Firmware: CFW 22.0.110.03.01
Win7
Please use plain text.
LaurinAurelius

How did you do it??

Changed your PC manually or in any NSC??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
u_v_m

I found the RM-505 FW v21.0.045 in the World Wide Web, I flashed it with .......(can not write the Name of the Program here), after that I write back in the N97 the Product Code 0586701 with a second Program. Thats it

In other Forums in the www you get more help then here.

Win7
Please use plain text.
PeterSullivan76

I cannot update my n97 either, I have a branded phone which is from Australia, I am back in Ireland now. So sorry I wasted my money on this phone, lesson learnt though, Nokia will never sell me another product.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

For info...

Last week I had taken my N97 device (PC: 0586701) to Nokia Care center for firmware update. They had returned the device with new firmware version 21.0.045 and installed Ovi maps 3.03. 

Came to know that NCC had changed the product code to "0576355" to update the device with new firmware version.

After the firmware update, I found the device to functioning smoothly without any hiccups although battery utilisation is more. Donno why!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
u_v_m

Came to know that NCC had changed the product code to "0576355

and you still got your Garanty with that new product code on your N97 ?

Win7
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Normally the guarantee should be intact as Nokia Care center had done the product code change (not by me) to update the device to new firmware version.

Please use plain text.

21.0.045 is finally available on nokia site for 0586701

Please use plain text.
Advisor

how did you find out about that?

How can you check if the NCC has changed your product code?

Thanks for the answer!

Jo

Main device: N97-1 with v21 and Product-Code 0586701 (fortunately without major bugs!) It actually runs quite good.
Other Nokia devices: N95-1 and 6230i
Please use plain text.