Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA 701 059L499 NO BELLE UPDATE !!!

Advisor
clrap55

NOKIA 701 059L499 NO BELLE UPDATE !!!

I have written more times to NOKIA italy to know when the update of my 701 will be available , but the response were always unclear !!! I have the version111.20.307 and no software available via OTA ,via Nokia suite, via NSU ...

My phone is unbranded , I bought on a dedicated nokia store (NSTORE.IT) and it seems not exisiting for Nokia people ... The must is  on NOKIA ITALY web site  under SUPPORT the phone 701  is not existing....

I hope a reply

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi clrap55,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

For anyone who is still trying to find out whether an update for Belle is available for their device, they can check here by entering your product code : Belle availability

If it is concerning checking of a product code, you can use the official thread here: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/12... 

Please be patient with kerttu  as she is busy checking the codes for you and updating the thread.

Thanks!

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Thanks Hazey for reply,

but I think you do not understand correclty.. (may be my bad english)..

The nokia 701 is native BELLE , and I am waiting for an update with new version available for other product code from 3 months !!!!

Thanks, 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Have you tried resetting your device and reinstalling the software?

There is more information here on updating the software for the 701:

Nokia 701 Software update

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Already made ... No update 111.30.609 available ... No new Microsoft app available ... No new socail version 1.5 available ....

I am very discouraged...

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Philb58

Same here with my UK 700 (059L5V1) stuck on 111.020.0308. Very disappointing that owners of 'native' Belle phones seem to be getting left behind.

Please use plain text.
danys92

Hi ! I've got the same problem that clrp55 has...I bought my nokia 701 on Nstore.it I've got the same product code and the same problems... I can't afford the 111.30.609 update so as microsoft app and the new social version ! Like clrp55 said ,  it's been 3 month since nokia relased this update and it seamse that our product code has totaly been forgotten ... It's surly not a problem of the single device because all the people with this product code can't upgrade theire device... When I told my problem to nokia italia they told me to be patient and after 3 month I start thinking that I might be a buddah reincarnation for how long I'm being patient :smileyhappy:

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello,

Exactly the same for me : I am checking everyday about availability of Belle 111.30.609 for 059L499...never available. Always stuck with 111.20.307... :smileysad:

Hope we will get an update. I would be very disappointed (I bought a native Belle phone to make sure I would always have latest version available !!!)

Regards

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

gragou wrote:

Hello,

Exactly the same for me : I am checking everyday about availability of Belle 111.30.609 for 059L499...never available. Always stuck with 111.20.307... :smileysad:

Hope we will get an update. I would be very disappointed (I bought a native Belle phone to make sure I would always have latest version available !!!)

Regards

Currently this phone is listed as being an Italian phone. your current version is 111.20.307. There can be a couple of reasons for this. The main one is that the carrier has not approved the update for you country or that the update is not suitable for your country for other reasons. Even though your phone is a non-branded phone, it does not gaurantee that you will get updates.

Mainly these updates are based on the local carriers saying yes to the update, even though it is a non branded phone. Ring your local Nokia care centre and ask if there is a reason why the update has not been made available. There can also be other simple reasons, like for instance your product code was simple missing when the updates were allocated, if thats the case they can get the issue fixed.. So ring your local nokia centre and ask them. 

Also there are no timeframes that updates will become available to people. Not all updates will be for everyone or every country. Some updates are only produce to fix ceratin issue that arise in certain countries due to certain network issues, so of course only that country will need the update. If Nokia gave you the update just for the sake of giving you the update could actually give you other issues or faults, so not everyone will get every update.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Dear Jraduga,

if I go on Nokia Europe support it is because I am not completely satisfied by my smartphone (some bugs , lags, freezes ...) and because I would like to install some promised features (ex. Microsoft applications !)  I hope to be clear , English is not my language !!!! And If I read on this site the following :

The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia 701.

• •New NFC games
  • •Kazakhstan language support (not supported in Nokia Music)
  • •Maps 3.0 data update
  • •Usability improvements
  • •Performance improvements

Ok I am not interesting by support of Kazakhstan language  ,but other  points are important , or not ? Other applications are available only for new software version , why I could not update these too …

I bought my phone 1° of October 2011 and the first month was terrible because there was a reception problem (no 3G) and I had to go to a Nokia care service 2 times to solve the problem !! (many phone calls and 3 weeks without phone , time and money loose) . Now I agree with you when you say not the last software is for all country , but why other nokia 701 in Italy with other product code has received from 3 months the update ?

My phone has no brand , bought on a nokia store (nstore.it) . I have paid for it  because I am using TIM carrier ( I think the biggest in Italy ) with a business contract and my carrier give me another smartphone (BB) , but I am so stupid to want to use a Nokia 701 !

Why when I go to NOKIA ITALY WEB SITE on SUPPORT page this smarphone model 701 does not exist ? and when I wrote to Nokia italy the response is: wait ... What I have to wait ? and they send me to nokia Europe to ask help .

I am becoming frustrated by this situation , I could understand a delay of 1 month but not more . And If your response is the official Nokia response, I am very sad to tell you Nokia will lose  a fan ! I know I am nothing for Nokia , they have millions of customers … but sometimes to listen to the request of customer is better than  to do the best smartphone or a lot of publicity.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

No official feedback from nokia ?
Please use plain text.
CloudStar

I have the same problem:

Nokia 701 059L499

Software version 111.020.0307

Italy

But no update is still available.

Any news about this?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same for me ! :smileysad:

NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA, please answer !!

We need this update on our Italian 701 :smileywink:

To all : you should also post (if not already done!) on this message thread :

Nokia Belle availability information

( /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/m-p/1298583 )

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daniele16

It's same situation for nokia 603 code 059m35k2 nobrand italy.
Why???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Albertaus

what a disappointment, I have nokia 701 code: 059l499 too:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Way no answer form nokia ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

ecxuse me why no answer from nokia ?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

clrap55 wrote:
ecxuse me why no answer from nokia ?

Hello clrap55

There was some sort of answer by Nokia on another thread, right here..

What I understand is that this new Belle release is not planned for 701 (and seems to be planned only for non-"BELLE native phones")...which seems hardly understandable that non-"BELLE native phones" have a more up-to-date release of BELLE and additional functionalities than "BELLE native phones".

My conclusion is : I should have bought an "outdated" phone rather than the last generation one :smileymad:

I really really hope that we will receive this update soon.............:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Hello Gragou,

I am happy to see I am not alone waiting the last firmware for the 701 P.C.059L499 ! This release is planned for 701 and it was delivery from Nokia in december 2011 !!! After many requests and no real answer from anybody , I have undertood the follwing : My product code is country variant Italy and Nokia Italy must validate the software ! Nokia Italy is not interesting (or no time !) to do this , if you look the Nokia Italy site they have no time to insert this mobile phone in the support area ! But  I do not understand why on this site nobody from Nokia give us an official response ... 

After this I still remain a Nokia fan ...:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi,

same phone, same problem. I've been browsing this forum and found that this is a rather old problem...

I'd like to point out another issue: Nokia Italy lacks the specific support page for 701, rising doubts about the product IS officially supported. Anyway, the product page is there, and my phone's got official Italian warranty...

Anyone could shed light on this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.