Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA 701 059L499 NO BELLE UPDATE !!!

Contributor
Artide

Re: NOKIA 701 059L499 NO BELLE UPDATE !!!

Same problem here. Same 701, same product code 059L499. Still waiting.
Is it worth buying a Nokia Italia mobile?

:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I  have the same problem: I buyed a 701 with product ID 059L499 and I can not update the FW to the latest release available for other europeans 701. It will be appreciated an official reply by Nokia Europe because Nokia Italy seems to ignore this issue 

Please use plain text.
trimoto

Same problem here. Same 701, same product code 059L499. Still waiting.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Dear 059L499's owners desperately waiting for an update of Nokia Belle :

some good news available here:

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/m-p/1358785#M116025

I agree we have no date...but it seems nice anyway !

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Artide

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Artide

Just updated to Belle FP1!!!!!!!! At least!!!!!!
:smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Updated too,very happy . First impression very good...
Please use plain text.
fabiotv

I did the update via OTA in FP1, but now the emails do not work. I did a hard reset 2 times but nothing changes. I can see the widget, but when I access the mail appears a black screen. Unfortunately the phone is so unusable, my contacts are saved on gmail and I can not connect with exchange activesync. I tried reinstalling fp1 by NSU, but it will not let me, it seems that the ROM is not present anymore.
Has anyone had the same problem or knows how to fix?

Please use plain text.
Sage

Since Belle FP1 has been released for my 701 I've been checking regularly, but Nokia Italy's website is STILL LACKING a support page for 701.

Anyway, as seen on other threads around this forum, FP1 installed via FOTA isn't an update all-around (as always happens with FOTA updates) so it didn't include MS Apps and others, and - it appears to be a common issue, but it's very annoying) it seems to be impossible to reinstall latest firmware (Belle FP1 itself) via NSU (checked on two Windows and a MAC, always says to insert SIM card that's actually in my phone) nor via Nokia Suite (error 12054).

Hope to hear good news from Nokia, especially for the Italy support page... now it looks like they're NOT supporting their own officially released phones, that's pretty bad customer support...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my 701 to FW version 112.010.1404.361.01 (Belle FP1) via NOKIA SUITE and, at the end of the procedure, also my phone shown the message asking the SIM card. I switched off the phone, removed the battery and the SIM card, then replaced the same SIM in its host and so the battery. Switching on the phone, it seen correctly the SIM. Now the phone works fine and the improved clock rate seems make a good job...  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davidecinese

Please release the updates, the same way you did it for nokia 701, also for the Nokia 603 Country variant Italy (059M3K2) !!
We've been waiting them for months and Nokia Italy seems not to care. -.-"
Please use plain text.
IMAUNICORN

I also have a 701 and am stuck on 111.030.0609.20.01, pro code 059l5h2 and can't upgrade to fp1 and have been checking daily for months, I bought my phone in New Zealand parallel imported from somewhere in Europe I'm guessing from the supplied charger. Please nokia give me the update for this amazing phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Your geographic location has no influence on the availability of an update for the phone. Regardless of where it's from, if an update is available for it then you'll get it in New Zealand.

Different variants get updates at different times. Some operator-branded variants never get updates because the networks don't bother approving them:

http://techy.horwits.com/2009/09/firmware-availability-and-distribution.html

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.