Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA E5 SW UPDATE TO 081.004

Advisor
sergolenz

NOKIA E5 SW UPDATE TO 081.004

Hello all!

today I've started my nokia suite and it tells me to update sw to 081.004. what is new in that update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sergolenz

Re: NOKIA E5 SW UPDATE TO 081.004

PS

i cannot update via SW update in my phone. it tells me to connect USB cable to update SW.

Unfortunately the USB of my phone is damaged :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi sergolenz, check this link to find out what you get with the SW update. The update is too big to be available via phone SW update, that's why you need to update via Nokia Suite. If the USB is not working, take the phone to a local care point. Unfortunately you can't update the SW until the USB is fixed.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
sherwinpais

Just had my phone updated, yet to get a clear indication of what's new.. will update this section through course of time and give sorta observed changes.. P.S. size of the update was about 162mb, so had to do it through nokia suite, make sure your battery's full otherwise may give one problems like in my case, got it done though!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sergolenz

Thank you Jampe! Is it possible to view details of that update? in that link is information for 071.003 not for 081.004.

Please use plain text.
Vibhu_sml

Hey guys,iam a bit confused,because today i updated my e5 to 081.004 but the thing is that the size of my update was just 1248kb,and here every1 is talking that the update has big size of 162mb.plz someone explain.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PSM360

@vibhu, actually if u update via phone (SW update) then update size ll be 1.2mb otherwise if u update via nokia suite or nokia sw updater, size ll be 162mb , so better update through phone in 5 mins
Please use plain text.
BhatTajamul

There has to be some difference between the two...
And guyz have you seen any change as i've notfelt any

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ngadhnjim1

• performance improvements to things like battery life and applications
  • new and improved functions
  • the latest versions of Nokia apps and services

I haven't noticed any of these new updates, can someone be more specific and tell us where the changes have been made?

thanks.

Please use plain text.
avishkar

Hi Jampe,

Can you provide any link where I can find complete changelog of v081.004 for Nokia E5-00? The link you provided still shows changelog for v071.003.

Thank you,

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Vibhu_sml

@psm360.ya finished update in like 2 min.but there is a huge difference between 162mb n just 1.2mb.there should be some differnce between both.
Please use plain text.
lupascu69

hy all.

The browser is now updated to 7.3.1.32 (on 071.003 it was 7.3.1.26).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ngadhnjim1

I also found out that now you can Check In in facebook from the mobile browser :smileyhappy:.. thats awesome too :smileyhappy:..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

@sergolenz & avishkar,

The information about 081.004 should come available on the link I provided when the web site team updates it. So keep an eye on that site. Nokia usually does not publish more detailed changelogs than that.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
motorkid

i have recently updated my phone, and now iam getting errors like phone memory full please close some applications however before the update i was able to use many applications and files at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kidshifta

i just checked for an update and it says that theres no updates avalible can someone tell me why?

Please use plain text.
Silxx

I am just going to wait for all the replies about this latest update, because people were complaining about the previous Update (71.003).
Please use plain text.
fdoefloyd

well after updatg my e5 to 0.81... my phone keeps freezg frequently. has any idea why? besides what does the update do if it does not change features? additionally , my memory card .sd. keeps going off and shows available after restarting de phone and after sometx goes off again. i have kapersky antivirus installed too what is happening? i need some advice.
Please use plain text.

Even I updated to 081.004 but through phone only, not by ovi suite. and the update size was 1248kb... what about 162mb guys?

Please use plain text.

Also, 1 change I noticed... When u r on call and a SMS comes, it gets open automatically. Please notice this and confirm here...

Please use plain text.