Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA IS A FARCE!!!

Sage
brang1

NOKIA IS A FARCE!!!

I cannot believe the frustration noikia put people thru. If you are going to release new firmware, dont jump up and down and announce with great fanfare a new firmware and get peoples hopes up then constantly pull the rug from under them. The telcos have NO BLAME AT ALL WITH THIS FARCE! It rests wholely and solely on NOKIA!!!  iF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A NEW RELEASE, GIVE IT TO THE TELCOS AND WHOEVER ELSE HAS TO TEST IT FIRST, BEFORE YOU ANNOUNCE IT!  THEN, AND ONLY THEN, WHEN THEY HAVE GONE THRU THEIR APPROVAL TESTING ETC. THEN ANNOUNCE YOUR SWISH NEW FIRMWARE, "and RELEASE IT TO ALL" NOT USE THIS EXCUSE OF THE TELCOS HAVE IT BUT THEY ARE TESTING IT. SERIOUSLY NOKIA, you need to take a walk into the big room of mirrors and have a hard look at your operation. BECAUSE IT IS AMATEURISH BEYOND COMPARE.No-one releases anything like this in any other market with consumer products. SHAME ON YOU NOKIA!

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

I assume you're talking about the Anna/Belle release?  I don't know the numbers, but expect the majority of Symbian phones in the world are unlocked instead of carrier-branded.  It might have been nice if the announcement  had an asterisk:

** Carrier-branded phones will see the release based on the carrier's timetable.

in the same way that Nokia removed the "Open Signed" functionality from http://www.symbiansigned.com a couple months ago, with zero mention of the change, leaving casual visitors wondering if they had dreamed the whole thing.  Sigh.  No one is perfect, but sometimes you do wonder what they're thinking...

Anger is considered the second of five stages when dealing with grief, so hopefully you're on your way.  Chill out, talk to your carrier, and perhaps look for the update as an early Christmas present.

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

i have anna, have had for weeks. But, i am of the opinion tnis forum is for discussion. Whether it is critique or praise. If i feel nokia are worthy of praise, i will praise. But in this case, they are negligent in their treatment of consumers of their product. So, hence my critiqje. I dont see this as a forum to suck up to nokia
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

professor? Off what exactly?
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

Advisor ?, Of what exactly ?.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

not my handle, dont even know how i got that. But since you asked, advise to nokia that the whole reason they are where they are today, is because of customers! And they should identify that with a little CUSTOMER SERVICE! The whole procedure has been shabby at best and verging on complete disregard for consumers . You dont announce a cure for cancer, and then say, Oh, but we better test it first.
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

counsellor?
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

i love my n8' but, boy... I do not love how they do business
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

Counsellor ?, I don't know how i got that handle either, But since you ask, I probably need a Counsellor (as do many other nokia users) after all these problems we have been having with our lovely new (updated) nokia phones.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

This is completely OFF topic..but more questions about it have been raised under this thread than the Subject line..and hence the answer..

/t5/News-and-Announcements/Rankings-and-roles-for-forum-members-and-Nokia-employees/td-p/1001

/t5/News-and-Announcements/New-rank-added-for-Nokia-employees/td-p/468918

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Ah oh wise mobile sensei, thank you for your words of wisdom. You have saved me much pain and suffering at laughing at these two, before having to direct them accordingly. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage

@thetao There IS an asterisk:

* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

It is a well know fact that Nokia can NOT include a stipulation in their contracts with carriers that carriers MUST accept future software updates. Software updates are a "recommendation" on Nokia's side, and can or don't have to be forwarded by the carriers. Nobody can make them.

Except maybe angry customers. But alas, the angry messages are fruitfully left on Nokia's Discussions.

Did you know that when the FAA discoveres a flaw in an airplane design, it notifies the maker of the airplane who issues a "recommendation" for repair? Search FAA, recommendation.

Z

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

god, sensua's, sages, ADVANCED SAGES! Counsellors, i feel like i have stumbled into an episode of Monkey Magic.... where's the NINJAS?
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

advanced purple belt ocillating samurai after 1000000 posts
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooln8

What about unlocked phones in USA, they still donot have Anna released ? 

NOKIA IS INDEED A FARCE, COMPANY OF CHEATERS AND LIARS 

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

cooln8, why this excitement when anna has really ****** us over?! hopefully Belle will solve the problem. i am holding both my ***** and praying to both god and devil for the following:

- Belle should fix Anna problems.

- Belle should NOT create new problems

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

you are talking about some basic project management, brang1, which is, i don't know where in nokia.

mr. elop announced the wp7.x partnership, and symbian cut 'n' run strategy, with a goal to create a competitive *ecosystem*, APPARENTLY.

in the bargain, the symbian *ecosystem* or lack thereof, has totally been ruined.

the reason i am getting frustrated as days go by is because i have paid a lot of my hard earned money to buy *all* of their high end "E" stuff. E7 was the limit, i can NOT afford any more.

all of my tech & non-tech groups have moved away to SE / Android. i am the only loser hanging out, feels so ashamed.

hope nokia saves me my ego, time and money.

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

metal_might wrote:

hope nokia saves me my ego, time and money.

And sanity ?. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

Its a shame that a company that was a FORCE, has become a FARCE..the lack of understanding and sensitivity shown by Nokia is clearly demonstrating their  indifference to us, the consumer. Every now and then someone coming on here and announcing this country or that country has been released, as though they  are releasing some food to the starving masses is even more infuriating. Its treating us with disrespect and patronising us, dangling carrots to the mules.

The same thing happened with the last firmware release, and they have learnt nothing,... or more to the point they are demonstrating that THEY JUST DO NOT CARE.

LIFT YOUR GAME NOKIA....

BRANG1

DEAF DUMB AND BLIND

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

damn, i am a Counsellor
now whitevandude!
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.