Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA IS A FARCE!!!

Counsellor
mangbecak

if you guys have not noticed what's happening behind the scenes...windows just had an agreement with samsung, such that 's' now has to pay microsoft for every android device they made. not sure how but that is the agreement. a few years back (1.5) ago, microsoft had a deal with HTC. That's two HUGE android companies needing to pay microsoft. This may result in more windows phone being made by: nokia, samsung, htc....

the world may be movng to a windows ecosystem than an android one (if it did have one...)
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

A source for the above story.

Samsung to pay Microsoft royalties over Android

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

WhiteVanMan wrote:

A source for the above story.

Samsung to pay Microsoft royalties over Android

Something else as well Apple now have to pay royalities to Nokia from now on in + a payout for past wrong doings. And Samsung has applied to the courts to stop apple from selling in certain countires thru europe. There are other countries involved in separate actions from samsung against apple. Including Australia.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

cooln8 wrote:

What about unlocked phones in USA, they still donot have Anna released ? 

NOKIA IS INDEED A FARCE, COMPANY OF CHEATERS AND LIARS 

When will you finally understand, firstly all N8 in the U.S are unlocked unbranded phone, due to the fact that no carrier would take up the phone and subsidize at a level that nokia was happy with. Secondly Unlocked/ unbranded phone are still no different to any other phone, with the one exception that you can move between US carriers at will. They still have to have the firmware approved. Yes they will work anywhere in the world, but no they are not a global phone as such, even though you could put a sim card from another country in it. This however does not make it a different country designated phone  Your product code is what decides this. They are still designated for the U.S. and as such will only ever get the U.S updates. Unless you get the product code changed if say for instance you move to another country permanently.

It doesnt matter how much you paid for your phone, that was your choice at the time. Chance are, anyone who bought there phone outright in australia probably paid more for it. and we still dont have it either. and yet we dont complain like you are.

Yes it would be interesting to know exactly what is holding the US up, we found out here in Australia from our telcos. But honestly at the end of the day you are still going to have to wait regardless of what the reason is. So be patient and stop complaining because you bought an unlocked phone and think you should get the update before anyone else

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bushaven

jraduga: Cant beleive your patience in trying to explain the issues that could be at play here to contributors that have nothing better to do than whinge and complain. Have they heard of the saying get a life! Anyone would think that without Anna their phones are useless. I can assure you my N8 isnt. All this talk and threats about changing brands of phone just because they dont get an update makes me wonder why they continue to keep on posting and dont just throw their supposedly useless phones away and change brands although I hope they dont as it would take away a great source of amusement for me in reading their posts as to how important they consider their updates. Just made me feel like stirring the hornets nest so  I can sit back and watch their irrate responses. They really need to realise that the update that they are so eager to receive will come and will make only a small improvement to their phones performance and then they will be in search of Belle or the next update. I am sure Nokia would love to help ease their angst and release this update but if it was not tested and caused problems with their phones they would then be the first to whinge and complain about that. Amazing how important a few flashy icons, querty keyboard, revised browser and other minor changes can appear to some. I am looking forward to Anna when it comes but want it to work. Would rather this forum be used for updated news on the release of Anna rather than a whingefest but I am sure I about to sit back and be entertained.   

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Nokia is reluctant to evolve.  There are too many different product code in each phone.  This creates difficulty to release OS update for each product code.  Nokia has not learnt from history and still did not observe the technology and market change.  Loyal user may excuse Nokia and claime that Nokia has supported their product for years.  People will change their phone every year, but how many people will buy another Nokia phone in future?  Just see Q3 what is the result of Nokia?  Nokia is the 2nd Europe star just behind Air Bus.  Just really hope Nokia may wake up and I don't want all the smart phone are shared by Apple and Google, and Microsoft steal profit from HTC and Samsung and most likely other Android OEM but not from her own OS phone.

angler
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

bushaven:

first, can you pl space out your sentences to make easy reading? i can see some good english vocab like "angst", "get a life" etc. but here are my humble submissions:

1. don't know about others, but i am part of a diminishing majority of nokia loyalists - not fanbois, but those who have a deeper *understanding and use* of nokia high end's stuff. we just want them to work and be a value for our money. period.

2. i am part of the *growing* majority who believes that *only crying babies get the milk ("breastfed"), but only that baby who cries out loud shall be fed*. so we all cry in desperation and frustration.

3. off late, nokia is acting like microsoft (coincidence not obvious): right from their dealers' network to technical teams that deliver firmware updates, they give us what we want only if we threaten that we will run away to competitors. belle screenshots look like android. anna's latest "feature updates" look like windows mobile 6.x.

may be some posters in this forum are trying that tactic.

i will not try that tactic, yet. i take responsibility for my actions. i paid through my nose my hard-earned money to get their devices, and i want them to work. i honestly believe that they will listen to me and to others like me.

further, i would like to reiterate my request here: dear nokia, please deliver an update that will resolve the nokia messaging bug and comm.log bug for my E7, thanks in advance.

eventhough the thread is titled so, i would like to believe that nokia is a FORCE, a force of goodwill that listens to its (loyal) customers and gives them value for their money.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooln8

-------------------------------------------------------------

@jraduga

When will you finally understand, firstly all N8 in the U.S are unlocked unbranded phone, due to the fact that no carrier would take up the phone and subsidize at a level that nokia was happy with. Secondly Unlocked/ unbranded phone are still no different to any other phone, with the one exception that you can move between US carriers at will. They still have to have the firmware approved. Yes they will work anywhere in the world, but no they are not a global phone as such, even though you could put a sim card from another country in it. This however does not make it a different country designated phone  Your product code is what decides this. They are still designated for the U.S. and as such will only ever get the U.S updates. Unless you get the product code changed if say for instance you move to another country permanently.

It doesnt matter how much you paid for your phone, that was your choice at the time. Chance are, anyone who bought there phone outright in australia probably paid more for it. and we still dont have it either. and yet we dont complain like you are.

Yes it would be interesting to know exactly what is holding the US up, we found out here in Australia from our telcos. But honestly at the end of the day you are still going to have to wait regardless of what the reason is. So be patient and stop complaining because you bought an unlocked phone and think you should get the update before anyone else

-------------------------------------------------------------

iPhone with iOS5 will be made available on Oct 14 in stores and online, atleast Apple gives a definite timeframe and a DATE and sticks by it and they would also have gone through all the same approvals and testing  as Nokia would have to for USA carriers.

So whats holding up Nokia releases again ? 

Essentially its extremely poor project management at NOKIA that they are not able to commit or even publish to their release schedules in USA for even software upgrades , forget new phone releases.  

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

what is totally wrong is that skyee will not even acknowledge we exist if we are asking about the USA release.

I get it, they cannot commit to a date.. but at least speak to us, and keep us somewhat informed on what is going on.

skyee could be a bot for all we know, because she has certainly not shown any kind of customer service skills whatsoever.

we are left twisting in the wind by Nokia, and shown ZERO respect.

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

SPOT ON!!!

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jake20 wrote:

what is totally wrong is that skyee will not even acknowledge we exist if we are asking about the USA release.

I get it, they cannot commit to a date.. but at least speak to us, and keep us somewhat informed on what is going on.

skyee could be a bot for all we know, because she has certainly not shown any kind of customer service skills whatsoever.

we are left twisting in the wind by Nokia, and shown ZERO respect.

Whilst I agree that it would be nice to know what is holding up the USA release.

But what i do not agree with is the respect side of things. Respect is earnt, and from even before ANNA was released, many people on here were demanding, complaining and whinging that it hadnt been released 

Do you really think that people like that deserve respect.?

Especially when Skyee has been advising exactly as she did for all the other countries, who could have it, and what countries were still waiting. If she cant tell you anymore than that, then what do you expect her to say, or maybe she should just make something up for you.

Considering all the people that work for Nokia, Skyee is one of the most regular Nokia staff posters on the forum. I think she deserves a little more respect from all of you.

Did any of you stop to think for half a second that just maybe she doesnt actually know anymore than she has told us. That the rest of it could actually be out of her hands, and that she is just given a list, which she kindly post on here for us.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooln8

--------------------------------------------------------------

@jraduga

Did any of you stop to think for half a second that just maybe she doesnt actually know anymore than she has told us. That the rest of it could actually be out of her hands, and that she is just given a list, which she kindly post on here for us.

skyee may not know more than she posts !  True !!!

In that  case she should get her supervisors in the line of fire and get her senior most management involved in communicating better information rather than just saying that USA release is coming in next couple of weeks. Every passing week its the same story.  "we dont know when is anna going to be released in USA. But we are working on it and is scheduled within next couple of weeks. Keep waiting my precious customers" 

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

[ Edited ]

jraduga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But what i do not agree with is the respect side of things. Respect is earnt, and from even before ANNA was released, many people on here were demanding, complaining and whinging that it hadnt been released 

Do you really think that people like that deserve respect.?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Do you think it's respectful to tar everybody with the same brush ?.

"Did any of you stop to think for half a second that just maybe she doesnt actually know anymore than she has told us. That the rest of it could actually be out of her hands, and that she is just given a list, which she kindly post on here for us."

And did you stop for a second and actually read the post you quoted ?. No one is disputing that, All that was said, Was that people (some) would like some kind of acknowledgement, Instead of most of their posts being ignored.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

WhiteVanMan wrote:

jraduga

"But what i do not agree with is the respect side of things. Respect is earnt, and from even before ANNA was released, many people on here were demanding, complaining and whinging that it hadnt been released 

Do you really think that people like that deserve respect.?"

Do you think it's respectful to tar everybody with the same brush ?.

"Did any of you stop to think for half a second that just maybe she doesnt actually know anymore than she has told us. That the rest of it could actually be out of her hands, and that she is just given a list, which she kindly post on here for us."

And did you stop for a second and actually read the post you quoted ?. No one is disputing that, All that was said, Was that people (some) would like some kind of acknowledgement, Instead of most of their posts being ignored.

Firstly I in no way TARred everybody with that brush. You will note from my post that I said "MANY people", this does not mean all people, only MANY people.

Also the comment in reference to respect came from this quote from a previous comment in this thread saying that

"skyee could be a bot for all we know, because she has certainly not shown any kind of customer service skills whatsoever.

we are left twisting in the wind by Nokia, and shown ZERO respect."

I also agreed if you had bothered to read my post that it would be nice to know what was holding up the USA release. Certainly we know what is holding up the Australian release, but we only found that out due to our carriers own websites.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

cooln8 wrote:

@jraduga

skyee may not know more than she posts !  True !!!

In that  case she should get her supervisors in the line of fire and get her senior most management involved in communicating better information rather than just saying that USA release is coming in next couple of weeks. Every passing week its the same story.  "we dont know when is anna going to be released in USA. But we are working on it and is scheduled within next couple of weeks. Keep waiting my precious customers" 

If you work and if you have a Boss, I dare you to work into his/her office and tell them to do something. If you happen to be the boss, what would you do if one of your employees walked into your office and demanded that you do something. I would suggest that anyone doing that would not last very long in their job.

If you had read my post the very first thing you wowuld have read was that I agreed  that it would be nice to know what is holding up the USA release.

there is an old saying about not shooting the messenger, maybe you should think about it. Try thinking of Skyee as our messenger. the more people hassle her, how likely do you think she will be to want to give you an update, especially when Nokia staff volunteer their time on here.

Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

We are making good progress in testing the Symbian Anna software update in Australia. Nokia now aims to have Symbian Anna widely available for Australian consumers by the end of this month (October 2011). We apologise for this delay and reiterate our commitment to ensuring that every user will get a high quality update experience. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

does the australian version atleast have the following bugs fixed:

1. push email in nokia messaging not working

2. comm. log app not logging packet and wifi data

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

J_Lo_ wrote:

We are making good progress in testing the Symbian Anna software update in Australia. Nokia now aims to have Symbian Anna widely available for Australian consumers by the end of this month (October 2011). We apologise for this delay and reiterate our commitment to ensuring that every user will get a high quality update experience. 

J_Lo_,

How can you come in here and not say a word about what the heck is going on with the USA release of Anna?

what the hell is going on here?

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

dear friend jake20 and others:

please oh puhleez do not worry about anna the *****.

you are far better off without anna and the related traumatic experiences we are put through. did you see this forum around?

let's wait for belle and the following fixes:

1. push email in nokia messaging not working

2. comm. log app not logging packet and wifi data

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jake20 wrote:

J_Lo_,

How can you come in here and not say a word about what the heck is going on with the USA release of Anna?

what the hell is going on here?

He can tell us because he is from Nokia Australia, not nokia USA. And as such can provide info for the Australian end of things only.  I would suggest that you speak to nokia USA and ask them why they arnt communicating anythng to you

Please use plain text.