Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA LUMIA 920 BOUGHT IN CHINA

Registered Member
ROGERCAMIEL

NOKIA LUMIA 920 BOUGHT IN CHINA

I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 in China because the model was not yet available at that time in Belgium, country where I live.

Back in Belgium I learned that updates where no problem, but it was not possible to buy any apps unless I would do so by the Chinese channel and the pure and only Chinese pay method (Alipay) that I cannot use for not living in China (not having any address overthere) and not understanding the luanguage.

I specifically wanted to buy the apps: WeekView8. This apps was bought by me on a second Lumia 920 (bought in Belgium) but I could not share or bring the apps over to the "Chinese" model.okia Lumia 920 into a Belgian or "international" registration?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: NOKIA LUMIA 920 BOUGHT IN CHINA

The Chinese models are specifically for China use only. Haven't you heard? The Chinese government is very restrictive thus the products being sold there has a lot of restrictions.

Of all the countries where you can buy a phone, why in China?
Please use plain text.