Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA N97 FLASH PLAYER UPDATE

Registered Member

NOKIA N97 FLASH PLAYER UPDATE

Hi guys,

Just brought the new N97 and sometimes when i go to view videos on the web its comes up with update flash player icon....... can i do this? im dont have the greatest knowledge so any help is greatfull! 

Thks 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: NOKIA N97 FLASH PLAYER UPDATE

There's not alot you can do in these cases. The sites in question are not designed with mobile devices in mind and require the latest and greatest flash player to work. This even locks out users of some desktop operating systems.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

after much looking around i have found a new version on flash player lite for the nokia n97 that will update the flash ad let you view websites etc correctly, i have it installed on my device and it works great.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/distributableplayer.html

near the bottom of the page there is a download link for the symbian 60, just transfer to your phone and install it from there

i hope this helps

Tom

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That won't have any effect on flash data in web pages. Quoting from the page you linked to: "The solution delivers a standalone player for applications, without affecting the Flash Lite browser plug-in or pre-installed standalone player, if present."

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi gangskapunk, the app you refer to is Flash Lite 3.1, but it's for S60 v 3.0, not 5.0 as needed for N97.  I too installed it, but when trying to view videos on bbc.co.uk, it failed with a few JavaScript messages.  I installed the latest JavaScript Runtime (2.0.2) from betalabs.nokia.com, which took care of the JavaScript error messages but the videos are still not viewable.

Does anyone at Nokia know when Adobe will be releasing a version of Flash Lite for S60v5?

Cheers!

Edmund

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

My partner had an update pushed to their 5800 about a week or two back from Nokia that contained an updated Flash Lite Player.  With any luck, if the N97 didn't already come with this pre-installed it might be made available to that device too.
Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

edmundgall : The update on betalab is for Java, not Javascript. Java has nothing to do with Javascript, it's 2 things totally different
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rads

Hi Guys,

Your best bet is to download Skyfire web browser as it is Fully Flash compatible and will play virtually any video, Including Flash streams and Windows Media Streams without any trouble

Rads.

carloswy82 wrote:

Hi guys,

Just brought the new N97 and sometimes when i go to view videos on the web its comes up with update flash player icon....... can i do this? im dont have the greatest knowledge so any help is greatfull! 

Thks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martind

Hi and thank you fro great information. I just downloaded now and try skyfire and really everything is working like on my comp. Even I dont need radio player which is missing for Nokia N97 since last year everything is provided by this excelent web browser. Thank you again so much really.

Martin :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

nokia 5800v50 flash player is v3.1 and browser is v.7.2.4 and i really don't know why nokia doesn't update N97, flash player is still v.3.0 and browser is 7.1.4 :-|
Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
semnantanha

t just have to regret for Nokia
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cloud_strife56

are u guys , desperate with new update flash player.nokia doesnt give an update cause perhaps drain more battery.

here the download link . test work 100% by me.

uploaded.to/file/zm1thv

dont forget thanxif u feel helpful,may be kudos.
that was joke......

whats new....

Changes in the new version:
- Support of H.264 standard
- Improved web browsing, 91% of the 500 best websites.
- Flash 9 (AS2 only) support
- Local Connection / HTML Text / GetURL_target / CSS
support / WMode
- Support for hardware acceleration
- Flash Lite 3.1.4 supports OpenVG 1.1 to Improve flash
performance on rendering capable devices.
- Improved memory handling for images
- MP3 Streaming support
Please use plain text.
Advisor
metalmarky

It is good news for Android phones today.  The Froyo version 2.2 support full flash 10.1 in the browser.  Now that one manufacturer does this it will prove popular and hopefully increase the speed at which the others follow suit. 

I know we can all view flash via Skyfire but I would prefer full Flash PLayer 10.1 support for Symbian OS phones in the default browser.  If Google can do it then Nokia should be able to!  Who has been in the phone market longest!  Come on Nok.

Hey, what does that Kudos button do?
Please use plain text.
boxy

I'm afraid it looks like Nokia are leaving the mobile phone industry wether they want to or not. The N97 is now an embarrassement compared to what else is out there and nothing much seems to be in the pipeline, either in terms of new devices/OS's or software updates for the 97. This company has lost the desirability factor and is doing little to satisfy previously loyal customers - just look at the problems everyone has updating maps, the awful OVI and gigantic Nokia software suite.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

Thanks cloud_strife56 for the update! :smileyhappy:

Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
jmmpc

Hello ¡

When flash player 10 support for Nokia N97 ? This device have 1 year and is obsolete ? Why ? Is too cheap :smileysurprised: for to update the software ?  There is no right that Nokia forget...... no.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jctatis

i will try the 2 option the lite update and thje skyfire 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jctatis

Tested And Working like a charm, 

Ty

cloud_strife56

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cikippotan21

carloswy82 wrote:

Hi guys,

Thks 

Please use plain text.